Autopsy 2022 Rd 15 Blues show top 4 credentials

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There are 30 plus blokes “capable” of cementing themselves in the side before the end of the year. HTF to we workout WTF we leave out?

Thought about a plug as I typed it…

Actually count 35 (included Setters, Cunners and Hayes) excluded Dow, Fogarty and (gulp) Ed.

There are 30 plus blokes “capable” of cementing themselves in the side before the end of the year. HTF to we workout WTF we leave out?

Great position to be in, especially if we can stay healthier from here on end. Just guessing, but perhaps around 14 are automatic inclusions, 8 spots seem interchangeable

Init great for us amongst us here who did the patient wait for the flowering, to enjoy what's unfolding now. 6 -8 years of enjoyable supporting ahead.

In saying that, some/a fair few of us enjoyed the rebuild too huh. It in itself was an experience if you had a clear mind.

Init great for us amongst us here who did the patient wait for the flowering, to enjoy what's unfolding now. 6 -8 years of enjoyable supporting ahead.

In saying that, some/a fair few of us enjoyed the rebuild too huh. It in itself was an experience if you had a clear mind.
certainly makes you appreciate the wins...

Never lost faith in what we had. Occasionally had some doubt on some individuals I held high hopes for. Definite frustration in some major management glitches. Had some WTF reactions as we traded in some premium talent while already having the developing talent on the list.

Now I just hope our developing youngsters have the patience to wait for “their time”. Opportunity is going to be in short supply for some very deserving players.

Never lost faith in what we had. Occasionally had some doubt on some individuals I held high hopes for. Definite frustration in some major management glitches. Had some WTF reactions as we traded in some premium talent while already having the developing talent on the list.

Now I just hope our developing youngsters have the patience to wait for “their time”. Opportunity is going to be in short supply for some very deserving players.

Yeah agree with the 2nd paragraph. Although in saying that, we'll move one or two on, so can't be disappointed if one or two move themselves on. Important thing is the quantity and quality is there, so just moulding the positional depth stuff etc now for a few years.

With regard to the 1st para, yep inevitable mistakes were made and that's why patience was required. The depth that we cut and then rebuilded made the journey so tough. But the depth that we cut made the destination more real.

Quantity of quality now, because we cut so deep. I applaud the originaters back in 2015, even though they were some of the same who made mistakes along the way.

Cheers

I finally lost faith last year after being genuinely excited by the list talent we'd acquired. Faith now reacquired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great position to be in, especially if we can stay healthier from here on end. Just guessing, but perhaps around 14 are automatic inclusions, 8 spots seem interchangeable
This is when you know we are a genuine contender, a good system with a best 30-32 not 22.

Coaches' Votes

10 - Sam Walsh (CARL)
5 - Zac Fisher (CARL)
4 - Tom De Koning (CARL)
4 - Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 - George Hewett (CARL)
2 - Matthew Kennedy (CARL)
2 - Adam Saad (CARL)

A ruthless and uncompromising performance. We looked on from the get-go. Only thing lacking was our polish early but the group held their nerve and didn’t stop until they got the result they were after. I thought crippa got us going on the inside and durds and mots pressure was elite. Cottrell, I thought, had his best game for the club and I think he’s best suited in the role he played on the weekend. Lastly, TDK. I’ve been mentioning him all year as potentially an A+ player for us and he’s showing exactly why. He’s not a ruck that accumulates but his impact on a game is in the gawn/natanui level. He can hurt teams in so many ways and is such a great player for us to have. Really proud of this performance.

A ruthless and uncompromising performance. We looked on from the get-go. Only thing lacking was our polish early but the group held their nerve and didn’t stop until they got the result they were after. I thought crippa got us going on the inside and durds and mots pressure was elite. Cottrell, I thought, had his best game for the club and I think he’s best suited in the role he played on the weekend. Lastly, TDK. I’ve been mentioning him all year as potentially an A+ player for us and he’s showing exactly why. He’s not a ruck that accumulates but his impact on a game is in the gawn/natanui level. He can hurt teams in so many ways and is such a great player for us to have. Really proud of this performance.
think I called it from the ground a couple of minutes in.......bizarrely I can't always see when we are off but often it's pretty obvious when we are on.....

*checked it - suggested we were on 2 minutes in - how good am I? I was right! I was right! look at me! woohoo!!

Last edited:
What are you pimping out with this ‘D-word’ stuff? 😁 Give me the BLUF.

Spammer!

It’s round 15 and I still can’t believe our transformation from last year.

Earlier in the season I thought it was largely due to our new recruits (Cerra etc) but that’s not what I think now.

I think collectively there’s been a change in mindset. Their mindset is now that of winners not go with the flow and see what happens.

Hence the talent pool was largely there but sayers cook Voss and coaching team ARs team and list management all working beautifully and getting the best out of the squad.

Voss has been pivotal.

Regards
AG

Anyone who thinks Cottrell is not a smart footballer, go and watch that goal he kicked again.

Brilliant.

A few things to note about that goal:

1. Cottrell's first option was Walsh running past. He was aware enough to see Walsh would be sold into trouble so cut back inside and created the space for himself.
  2. His handball option was absolutely the right thing, he already knew what he was going to do next. He showed that he has elite running capabilities, these types of players just get better as the game goes on.
  3. Cottrell has now shown us many a time that he can kick the ball well running at full tilt.
  4. Josh Honey actually roved the inital marking contest on the wing and handballed to Cottrell. If you follow Honey from that point onward he too sprints to the next contest and can be seen running alongside Cottrell right up until he kicked the goal, providing another option. I reckon Vossy would've loved that.

Brilliant.

A few things to note about that goal:

1. Cottrell's first option was Welsh running past. He was aware enough to see Walsh would be sold into trouble so cut back inside and created the space for himself.
  2. His handball option was absolutely the right thing, he already knew what he was going to do next. He showed that he has elite running capabilies, these types of players just get better as the game goes on.
  3. Cottrell has now shown us many a time that he can kick the ball well running at full tilt.
  4. Josh Honey actually roved the inital marking contest on the wing and handballed to Cottrell. If you follow Honey from that point onward he too sprints to the next contest and can be seen running alongside Cottrell right up until he kicked the goal, providing another option. I reckon Vossy would've loved that.
Your point 1 is really pleasing to hear. That is footy IQ right there.

I am actually more encouraged by this performance from Jesse Motlop than any of his previous games. Why? Because in this performance he demonstrated unselfishness and a team first ethic.

He's shown that he's got AFL speeds, is stronger overhead than he looks, has a bit of sneaky goalsense about him, but to this point he's not shown that kind of workrate defensively and hasn't attacked the ball carrier like that. He worked harder in defense chasing a man than he did when we had the ball, and he still wanted the ball.

I'd almost leave him in anyway if Owies is fit. Almost.
Summed it up perfectly Geth, finally looked much more comfortable and committed out there, nowhere as slow as people on here have been saying not lightning but showed some good top speed with his defensive chasing and offensive running…

He’s stats alone certainly don’t tell us the greater influence he had on the game by which you’ve described…

Let's be honest. If Martin played the game Honey played today there would be a murderous mob baying for blood.

I guess that it follows the Martin in overpaid whilst honey us an up and comer taken as a rookie narrative.

Don't get me wrong I'm keen to see Honey get a good run at it to see what he can do.
I'm not sure I've seen Jack Martin even sprint at full speed this year whilst Honey chased and ran like a madman with little reward. But he never gave up. Martin gives up.

Back