Autopsy 2022 Rd 15 Blues show top 4 credentials

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is Eliiiite
I'll bite, LOB was very good today, showing the benefits of belief in him from the coaches.

If we are lucky to play in the big games to come we will still have to cover for his defensive limitations, particularly ariel. The tigers kept dragging him back and trying to isolate last week.

Hats off to Russell, LOB now has a tank for sure and can run out games. Last year he would fade out.

CB

Saad and Young really were unsung heroes with their committed, fearless and crucial efforts from the back line and half back flank. Docherty as usual in AA form.

Saad really needs to be in the AA discussion at this point. Being so consistent and a rock of gilbrator, week in, week out.
Going at around 90% DE.

Weitering, Young and Kemp the future trio down back?

What a great time to unearth a third tall…
Kempy took big step forward today in terms of his body language told me he believed he belonged at this level. Massive for club to see more development in our youth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll bite, LOB was very good today, showing the benefits of belief in him from the coaches.

If we are lucky to play in the big games to come we will still have to cover for his defensive limitations, particularly ariel. The tigers kept dragging him back and trying to isolate last week.

Hats off to Russell, LOB now has a tank for sure and can run out games. Last year he would fade out.

CB
LOB has a thing for mermaids? Well he wouldn’t be alone in that regard

I knew it, I fargin knew it. We were gonna win. I said it in the warm up thread, then kept quiet to not let the footy gods curse us …. But I fargin knew it!

So, so proud of the boys, so happy for Voss, he has changed the culture!

Love this team through thick and thin but woweee it feels so good being i. The thick side for a change!

Massive 8 point game. Thank you boys you have made me so, so, so very happy today!

Was walking around without ice or strapping after the game. Came to the boundary with the rest of the lads. Slight limp. I guess it's not too bad.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
in the vision of the rooms after the game Jack S seems to ask about his ankle, from the body language I'd say it's probably just a strain, he didn't seem too fussed about it.

Freo board largely in la la land, still think we're a bottom 4 side that somehow got a dream run if you believe what they say. Blinded by sheer hatred for some reason.
They simply refused to applaud Newne's goal today. Again!

It was backs against the wall today. We had areas which could have been exploited by Fremantle. However the pressure on Fremantle was huge for pretty much the whole game and they couldn’t cope. All facets of the game were on today and in the end it was a comfortable win.

So many highlights to go with the grit. Where do you start?

The left foot pass from Durdin to Silvagni was sublime. It reminded me of days gone by where two sided players ruled the game. Cottrell’s goal on the burst in the third quarter. Take your pick. Braddles probably but Campo was adept at those types of goals as well. Big Tom’s tap out at the end of the third quarter. I was seeing Big Nick and it brought a tear to my eye. Motlop’s huge handball in the fourth reminded me of how footy used to be played. Step up if you remember Wayne Harmes and his prodigious handballs. Then right at the end of the game Lewis Young’s huge spoil. Bruce Doull at his best.

How about these Blueboys?

Harry and Charlie despite the questionable tactics bagged 6 for the day. The wide men, O’Brien, Cottrell and Newnes bagged 5. On ball TDK, JSOS, Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy, Fisher and Walsh came out on top. The back half piled on the oppo’s forwards and they didn’t like it. The usual suspects. Docherty and Saad running harder which has been what we’ve witnessed all season. The lesser lights stepped up today. Plow, Lewy, Newy, Boyd and Kemp can all take a bow.

These boys believe in themselves and it makes me very emotional to think of what’s in our future.

Last edited:
I think Young is actually a great match up for King, in terms of height and reach. Weitering struggles against King's insane reach.
Agreed, plus King has won the last couple of duals.

We have the flexibility to throw Weitering back into his intercepting role - we should back Young in.

Back