Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newnes can play as 7th defender or he comes out for stocker...
We can't break up the forward pressure that Honey, Durdin and Motlop brought...

Don't think they will risk anyone else ala Owies, Weitering
I loved Motlops game his tackling was awesome he anticipates the play so well he pressures a disposal doesn’t over commit and is straight to the next tackle.
I think it was against Lobbe didn’t tackle him ran around him to make sure he didn’t get in his back or tackle him if he had disposed of it then locked the ball in.
A lot of the time with the lightning handballs it’s not tackling the ball player but anticipating the chain he’s balanced in traffic and has time to choose best option.
He isn’t super quick but his footy brain more than makes up for it.
He’s very tidy by hand or foot he’s just a really nice natural footballer to watch
Those three you mentioned spooked Freo they started rushing there kicks from the backline in the second half and turned it over
Don’t think between them they kicked a lot of goals but they created plenty

Has anyone else watched Cotter's sasauge on the run more than twice..
The lead up and finish was pure silk.
quit interrupting me........

The supporter base is bringing back "The Woof" for Adam Saad lead by Blue abroad...practice your woof before going to the game

Came to say one thing and seems a few are already mentioning it.
I just want us to get that killer edge and put a few teams away. Early lead, put the foot down and extend, then maintain a 60+ point gap with them never looking a chance.
Now is as good a time as any, but will happily just take any kind of wins at the moment until at least Cerra, Pitto and Weiters are back.
Just take the win I say.

Just a question, and not sure which thread it belongs in, but who makes way when Pittonet returns?

one of Honey, Durdin, Motlop, Newnes, Cottrell, I’d say, I don’t see us dropping any midfield players.

Its quite tough actually putting names to go out with the return of Weits, Pitt, Gov/Marchbank, Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one of Honey, Durdin, Motlop, Newnes, Cottrell, I’d say, I don’t see us dropping any midfield players.

Its quite tough actually putting names to go out with the return of Weits, Pitt, Gov/Marchbank, Williams.
Possibly would look something like this when they are all back...
But it's so hard to pick, some good players that have played some big roles miss out...

FBWeiteringYoungNewman
HBDochertyDurdin/Kemp/Plow/Gov/Marchy Saad
CCottrellCrippsLOB
HFWalshDe KoningHoney
FFDurdinMcKayCurnow
FolPittonetCerraHewett
BenchSilvagniWilliamsFisher
Kennedy
SUBMotlop/Owies/Boyd

Nobody saying Martin in? Was only a minor calf I believe . He is silk and better overhead than our amigos. I know he frustrates and goes missing but his best is very, very good.
Gotta be best 22 and surely can be played in role other than half forward. He is one we need to get fired up for September IMO.

Boyds injury will force him to go this week and Owies may still not be 100% .

For mine Cerra and Martin in for Boyd and Motlop ( but geez he is he is so clean and gonna be a ripper when fully ready).

Doubt Weiters this week.
I reckon Martin would have been dropped after his effort against Richmond but for the calf injury so he can earn his spot back IMO.

I’m all for stability after a good win where pretty much everyone contributed so I’d be keeping changes to the bare minimum.

I doubt Weiters (or Owies) will be right to play so I’d just keep it to replacing Boyd with Cerra even if it’s not like for like.

There's also the fact that Amon is after a contract which is significantly larger than George Hewett's.
How's that for some perspective?

If Amon wants too much then we ignore him as an option. Our due diligence is to engage and find out. No one here is saying sign him on big money. We offer a flag option going forward and a role in the space he wants. Why is it worth a chat with him …because some of the other clubs are down the bottom and can’t offer what we can.

I find your post and others posts mischievous or limited on the subject. But after a good win, the post appeals to the masses. Example, when we lose a game and cotters and lob are down on form, the response to your post will be the opposite.

Edit, removed a dumb comment.

Last edited:
Except that core is now
Weitering
Young
Docherty
Saad
Newman
Plowman
Stocker
Boyd
Williams
Marchbank
McGovern
Kemp
and let’s add McDonald when fit.

Plow is not “old”, but is unlikely to have much upside on what we have seen. If fit Marchbank is a star, Kemp with a bit of confidence and continuity will be a star, reluctantly I will concede McGovern when fit and firing is a star and kept Plow out at the start of the season.

Potentially a fit McDonald allows one of Weitering or Young to play a more expansive interceptor role. So many options, and just with the talls in this discussion.
Pitto has plenty if upside

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

G'day guys, just a quick question for mine - any reason why tickets for GA are so expensive? Have they not released all of them yet?

$48 tickets for level 3 that's taking the mickey x
Inflation.

This is a Saints members replacement game for the one they play in Qld. Demand might exceed supply. Or some seats might not have been released yet.

Ryder coming back will allow them to rotate him and Marshall up forward, with King and Membrey also down there which will stretch our backline far greater than against Freo. As always, the midfield battle will be critical. Cerra coming back will be a boost. Saints will come out firing. If they don't, I'd be extremely disappointed if I was a Saints supporter and seriously questioning the outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back