Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was pretty well favoured, but I do recall talk about which order they'd go in and that both clubs would be happy either way.

Yeah, some scribes tried to push the narrative that you always take the key forward before the key defender.

I've disliked this bunch of basket weaving, greens voting hillbillies for years now. I would like to smash them and my only pain is that I'm not there standing on the wing, letting the ferals know that the balance in the universe has been restored and they should head back to Ferntree Gully and check on their mushrooms...

There’s a bunch of them that I recall giving us a hard time at in 2002 when they touched us up at Docklands in Round 16 - never wanted to punch someone in the face more than that bohemian, moth eaten jumper wearing bogan.

Want to smash these bastards tonight.

Interested to see if Steele plays a hard tag on Cripps like he has in the past. Even more interested to see if our other mids fly the flag and stop it from happening.
If Steele goes to Cripps, just send Hewett to Steele.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m trying not to get ahead of myself as I think Carlton has already exceeded my expectations this season. Sure we’ve got our challenges due to injuries but everywhere else it’s gold, gold, gold. And tonight we face the bullies from Moorabbin. This team relished beating us up when we were down so I’m looking forward to returning the favour tonight. Go Blues!
it's more a restoration of normal service if my memory of the 70s, 80s & 90s are any guide - only one group of supporters sang their song after getting close - I think they won 11 wooden spoons in the 8os alone................

St Kilda has beaten us in recent times on midfield spread.

It was the amateur hour stoppage setups we were running that cost us most of those games, by my recollection. Ball hits the deck, 4 Carlton players go in for it against two Saints, ball spills loose and the two Saints who held position on the outside would be off to the races with no pressure.

Under the current coaching group, we're actually holding position properly at the stoppages and trusting one bloke to go after the pill. We'll be fine.

Last edited:
I reckon Stocker is the exact type of player who would walk for more opportunities.
Sadly, I agree (not sad that I'm agreeing with you, sad about the subject I'm agreeing to:p).
We also can't expect to keep everyone we want to unfortunately.

There’s a bunch of them that I recall giving us a hard time at in 2002 when they touched us up at Docklands in Round 16 - never wanted to punch someone in the face more than that bohemian, moth eaten jumper wearing bogan.

Want to smash these bastards tonight.

Mate I think I was at that game, the bloke was so cocky. Makes me laugh so hard they still havent won one since.

Saad gets the ball, takes 4 bounces and has gone 10m up the field 🤣, the crowd anticipates, gets themselves ready, as saad kicks it the crowd goes 'WOOF!!!!!' as Saad's dinky kick goes 15m 🤣
Does make it tricky. He has a habit of pulling the kick at the last second and going at bloody 90 degrees.

Yeah they do. Always beat us with run.

Membrey has 23 goals from 9 games against us. By far his best average against any team.

And the other bloke that used to cut us to ribbons Jack Steven. Thank god he's no longer there.

Edit: guys Saad is not a woof. To be a woof you need to be able to kick it 60+. It will just sound silly.

I've disliked this bunch of basket weaving, greens voting hillbillies for years now. I would like to smash them and my only pain is that I'm not there standing on the wing, letting the ferals know that the balance in the universe has been restored and they should head back to Ferntree Gully and check on their mushrooms...
Harsh but fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back