Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying not to get ahead of myself as I think Carlton has already exceeded my expectations this season. Sure we’ve got our challenges due to injuries but everywhere else it’s gold, gold, gold. And tonight we face the bullies from Moorabbin. This team relished beating us up when we were down so I’m looking forward to returning the favour tonight. Go Blues!
This game is taking too long to start.

I’m trying not to get ahead of myself as I think Carlton has already exceeded my expectations this season. Sure we’ve got our challenges due to injuries but everywhere else it’s gold, gold, gold. And tonight we face the bullies from Moorabbin. This team relished beating us up when we were down so I’m looking forward to returning the favour tonight. Go Blues!

I've disliked this bunch of basket weaving, greens voting hillbillies for years now. I would like to smash them and my only pain is that I'm not there standing on the wing, letting the ferals know that the balance in the universe has been restored and they should head back to Ferntree Gully and check on their mushrooms...

Same game plan as last week then

I don't rate Lobb that highly, think he is consistently soft. Tabs is a great workhorse, Fyfe looks completely underdone

King, Membrey, Woods, Ryder/Marshall is a completely different group if they get similar inside 50's to us

I don't rate Lobb that highly, think he is consistently soft. Tabs his a great workhorse, Fyfe looks completely underdone

King, Membrey, Woods, Ryder/Marshall is a completely different group if they get similar inside 50's to us

Sorry my explanation was far too simplistic:
- Win the midfield and establish field position (so Cerra is an important in).
- High Pressure from our forwards to stop the run and carry of the likes of Sinclair and Hill.
- Hard 2 way running from the wings to clog up spaces.
- Force their forwards up the ground and away from goals.
- Bring ball to ground for the likes of Saad and Doc to win.
- Be prepared to work the ball forward methodically along the fringes.

That all said I do agree Marshall is a lot better than Lobb and Membrey will play the hard running forward link man role that Logue would have played had he not had to go back.

It should be a great game!

I feel this could be closer than I would like

I’d like to smash them into next week but I’ll just take the W
Go Blues

Last edited:
Saints will come at us hard after a couple of bad weeks. Don't underestimate them. Max King a star and will cause us headaches.

Blues by 10 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ang C. was much more graceful and long limbed when caressing a 60 metre pass that went through the air like a bullet...

Ang got the wind up, but Saad just glides. Looks graceful to me.

does that mean i can start drinking now?
Not just yet...

692760.jpg

Ang C. was much more graceful and long limbed when caressing a 60 metre pass that went through the air like a bullet...
yeah, all sounds a bit contrived to me - not sure adam would be much of a fan, and if it's only half-baked............ergh..............

Cerra coming in for a backman... conventional wisdom says Newnes drops back to be the 7th defender. But with St Kilda's tall forwards, I wonder if we'll try something different - e.g. JSOS following Marshall (i.e. defender when Marshall is fwd, ruck when Marshall rucks, bench when he benches)? Would mean that Kemp & Plow can cover Membrey and Wood.

Cerra coming in for a backman... conventional wisdom says Newnes drops back to be the 7th defender. But with St Kilda's tall forwards, I wonder if we'll try something different - e.g. JSOS following Marshall (i.e. defender when Marshall is fwd, ruck when Marshall rucks, bench when he benches)? Would mean that Kemp & Plow can cover Membrey and Wood.

What happens when Ryder goes forward? Would be an interesting concept where both our ruckmen follow theirs counterparts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back