Autopsy 2022 Rd 20 F*** this. Headline space for rent

Who played poorly for the Blues vs the Crows in Round 20?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

George Harris

Debutant
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I think everyone is Neese…the coaches, president, the players….

Hopefully it jolts the players and spurs the players on next week.
What they need to realise is that we are a genuine chance to win the Flag. Only we can match the forward prowess of the Cats. Plan to at least cover their 2 key forwards.

Either TDK or SOS down back. I like Plow but if he has to be sacrifeeid like e JSOS - so be it.

You wanna be ruthless at selection?

Feb 16, 2013
Where the sun don't shine
AFL Club
Carlton
What they need to realise is that we are a genuine chance to win the Flag. Only we can match the forward prowess of the Cats. Plan to at least cover their 2 key forwards.

Either TDK or SOS down back. I like Plow but if he has to be sacrifeeid like e JSOS - so be it.

You wanna be ruthless at selection?
Dreaming, after a shocking loss and more injuries, we won't make the 8 let alone be a flag chance.

While I think of it, can we please ban long sleeve clash strips. The sleeves look terrible on that white guernsey.

Can't remember all who had one but Plowman, Saad and Fisher had 'mares wearing them. Someone else had one. Who else was it?

Long sleeves should be reserved for:

a) home guernsey
b) a Silvagni

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
While I think of it, can we please ban long sleeve clash strips. The sleeves look terrible on that white guernsey.

Can't remember all who had one but Plowman, Saad and Fisher had 'mares wearing them. Someone else had one. Who else was it?

a) home guernsey
b) a Silvagni
At start of game only plow and fish with long sleeves. Saad started sleeveless.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

a) home guernsey
b) a Silvagni
lol, it's funny my old man and I had this discussion on the night too. Though we went as far as to ban the long sleeves for anyone except Silvagni even in the navy.

As much as the long sleeve navy looks good, it does start to look a little soft when you have 6 blokes in long sleeves. I've even seen Plowman wear long sleeves with the singlet jumper on top of that and sit on the bench with a jacket on mid quarter - not after a break. Not a good look.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
lol, it's funny my old man and I had this discussion on the night too. Though we went as far as to ban the long sleeves for anyone except Silvagni even in the navy.

As much as the long sleeve navy looks good, it does start to look a little soft when you have 6 blokes in long sleeves. I've even seen Plowman wear long sleeves with the singlet jumper on top of that and sit on the bench with a jacket on mid quarter - not after a break. Not a good look.
I reckon the long sleeves look really professional, like PL soccer.

Plowman is a weird unit, check out his instagram, he is deadset one of the funniest cookers. He lives on the Surf Coast I'm almost 100% certain of that and yet he hates the cold more than any player I can ever recall. He wears a jacket in the pregame warm up and only takes it off right before he goes to his position, often seen in the huddle with it on.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I reckon the long sleeves look really professional, like PL soccer.

Plowman is a weird unit, check out his instagram, he is deadset one of the funniest cookers. He lives on the Surf Coast I'm almost 100% certain of that and yet he hates the cold more than any player I can ever recall. He wears a jacket in the pregame warm up and only takes it off right before he goes to his position, often seen in the huddle with it on.
I don't dislike the look, aesthetically it's good.

I've noticed that about Plowman too, as I mentioned, but just thought the 2 jumpers on while playing in game and wearing a jacket while having a rotation is a bridge too far and is looking soft. If my opponent was wearing 2 jumpers in game, or r saw him sitting on the bench in a jacket, I'd definitely think he's soft.

Probably sounding like an old grump but that really bugged me so understand if people think I'm overreacting. SPS also used to wear 2 jumpers at times. I don't think I've ever noticed it on another player yet we had 2 at the same time doing it, not a good look imo.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
We seem to have lost the run and carry forward hand pass game that got us to where we are...
We were scintillating at times and cut good teams to bits...

Has Voss tinkered with our movement or have our players lost confidence or not fit enough to play a whole season?
Have also noticed this. I think part of it is the midfield adjusting to roving off TDK, who doesn't get as many hitouts to advantage.
I'm hoping that we start to see that return with Pitto back in the side.

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton

Clarko sending the whole Hawks side out in singlets against GWS in the Canberra snow - and wearing shorts himself - comes to mind.

We could do with a bit of that attitude...

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Clarko sending the whole Hawks side out in singlets against GWS in the Canberra snow - and wearing shorts himself - comes to mind.

We could do with a bit of that attitude...
That's the example my dad used. I used to thin that was a nonsense but I think there could be something in it these days. I felt watching all the white long sleeves that it looked a little off.

Tbf I remember watching that game and Clarko and Hawthorn embracing the cold while it was clear GWS hated it. I remember the footage of it snowing and Frawley with a big grin on his face with his hands out like "how good is this" with Cameron stood next to him arms crossed looking like a 6 yr old having the worst time of his life. No shocks who won that game.

Have also noticed this. I think part of it is the midfield adjusting to roving off TDK, who doesn't get as many hitouts to advantage.
I'm hoping that we start to see that return with Pitto back in the side.

We seem to have lost confidence everywhere...
Voss and the assistants have their work cut out getting us back on track over the next 3 weeks...

We just need to run and take the game on, instead of blink bombing time after time...

Choc Milk

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
A week is a long time for any organisation. Hopefully we come out and blow the doors off Brisbane

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A week is a long time for any organisation. Hopefully we come out and blow the doors off Brisbane
Charlie and Harry can blow these doors apart :ear::ear:
996059.png

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
ive heard of it, dont think it had anything to do with games they won or lost, let alone premierships....

Sam Mitchell must have been a big fan of it....plenty of hawks wearing long sleeves these days.
Wouldn't have been the sole reason but might've been part of a larger culture and mindset of the players being instilled by the coach. It's hard to say what 1%er leads to the next.

Having said that I'm not opposed I'm just thinking out loud about it. I've never been opposed to it before but seeing several of them caught my eye and it did cross my mind that it was maybe a little soft. I've never thought it before though so it could've just been because of the effort on the day my mind was joining dots.

My Hat

All Australian
Aug 18, 2018
My head
AFL Club
Carlton
The 'long sleeves = soft' argument has always struck me as quite bizarre. What exactly is the logic? Something like long sleeves = comfort, and comfort = soft?

To my mind if long sleeves make a player more comfortable then that's one less thing that might detract from their performance. No different from a choice of boot or deciding to wear a headband / tie your hair back or anything else. If a player has figured out that long sleeves work for them then good on them, I hope they wear long sleeves every week.

Back