Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Who wishes I'd stop stuffing around with this poll after a loss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our soft draw early did wonders for our confidence and got us up and about. Reality has hit hard since the bye, however.
This soft draw rubbish is plain wrong. By finishing 13th last year and getting a bottom 6 draw we should have received an "easy" draw. However we play Tigers, Pies and Dockers twice who all finished out of the 8 last year but have improved significantly on the ladder (all now top 8). Also travel 6 times (including two in a row, for some reason).

Not enough solid bodies - carry to many guys for to long during a game doing nothing - sadly looks like footscray will beat us unless hawthorn roll over ..
TDK can learn a lot from today -- jumping high and not being able to gain balance and control at ground level leaves you open for a good old fashioned belting in the ruck - his follow up not strong enough maybe he just needs time and bulk..
On current form since the bye we probably don't deserve finals ..
Need to be tough at end of year and clear some players that a borderline at best ..
On to next week

Pitt to come in for TDK next week “managed”

Anyone who still thinks Dow has a future after today needs therapy.

Stop this therapy bullshit. I could say that anyone who comes in here to pot a single player and question the sanity of other posters, might be in need of some assistance themselves.

Be more constructive.

There was a passage in the last where he could have easily run down lyons but jogged towards him which he got a kick off anyway. If he actually shows urgency he wouldn’t be to bad, just lazy with the defensive running
That could be applied to 99.9% of the team today

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We got destroyed in the centre, I don’t think TDK won a contest. Big O would grab the ball smashed it forward or tap at will. Defence from this was constantly under pressure and we were playing from the back the entire game.
The taps he won went to Brisbane players more often than not.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. Owies can not finish. Setterfield turnover merchant. Young no agression/hesitant/pushed around. Obrien, Cottrel, Fisher did not spread for 3 Qtrs. Opposition hunted Walsh. Made Saad accountable with Cameron. Charlie and Harry limited opportunities from terrible entries. Walsh, Weiters, Cripps could not have done more.
I don't watch many games for any team and their top 10 have bad games and their bottom 6 play well and that team wins

Utterly woeful. This team is going as badly as we were under Teague - in fact, I almost feel sorry for Teague.

At least Voss has a fit Docherty and Curnow to work with, along with Cerra, Young, and a year extra on most of the other guys.

To rinse and repeat from the last few weeks, anyone blaming the bottom 6 is looking in the wrong spot. Every team has a bottom 6. Ours are being asked to do far too much because our top 6-7 are playing so poorly.

Of everything I think the saddest thing was that when we got it back within 5 goals at the end, Brisbane won every single of the 6 center clearances after that, and they were all an utter procession. That's Cripps, Walsh and Cerra (along with Fisher) allowing the ball to walk out. The last 3 goals they kicked were Docherty, Weitering, Saad all getting caught out.

Right now our best players can't even show fans the respect of providing a decent junk time comeback. So much for 'honorable losses' - I think I'd rather go back to those under Teague than the rubbish we've served up the last 2 weeks.

If we somehow hold on and make the 8 with 12 wins, it will be 8th and we will play our first final in a decade interstate against Sydney, Fremantle or Brisbane. Not what we were expecting a couple of months ago.

Utterly woeful. This team is going as badly as we were under Teague - in fact, I almost feel sorry for Teague.

At least Voss has a fit Docherty and Curnow to work with, along with Cerra, Young, and a year extra on most of the other guys.

To rinse and repeat from the last few weeks, anyone blaming the bottom 6 is looking in the wrong spot. Every team has a bottom 6. Ours are being asked to do far too much because our top 6-7 are playing so poorly.

Of everything I think the saddest thing was that when we got it back within 5 goals at the end, Brisbane won every single of the 6 center clearances after that, and they were all an utter procession. That's Cripps, Walsh and Cerra (along with Fisher) allowing the ball to walk out. The last 3 goals they kicked were Docherty, Weitering, Saad all getting caught out.

Right now our best players can't even show fans the respect of providing a decent junk time comeback. So much for 'honorable losses' - I think I'd rather go back to those under Teague than the rubbish we've served up the last 2 weeks.
Utter rubbish. We were slaughtered in the ruck which led to those last three goals. Love TDK but he’s super tired.

My mates often comment about how I know so much about the draft and draftees.

I say, when your Carlton supporter the draft is our Grand Final.

Roll on the draft, we are not finals material this year...

CB

Last edited:
If we somehow hold on and make the 8 with 12 wins, it will be 8th and we will play our first final in a decade interstate against Sydney, Fremantle or Brisbane. Not what we were expecting a couple of months ago.
Pretty sure the club just booked the local pub for mad Monday after the pies game

Back