Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Who wishes I'd stop stuffing around with this poll after a loss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carlton-vs-Brisbane.png

0.1.1 - 4.6.30
3.4.22 - 8.9.57
4.8.32 - 13.11.89
12.9.81 - 17.12.114

Quarter Time Stats

Qtr Player Stats.jpg

Half Time Stats

Half Player Stats.jpg

3 Quarter Time Stats

3 Qtr Player Stats.jpg

Full Time Stats

Final Player Stats.jpg

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Beyond Blue

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I was hoping the players might have had a rousing response in them after last week but wary the effects of a long season may have set in and unfortunately today confirms it’s the latter.

No point blaming the usual whipping boys as aside from Gov and maybe Cerra everyone was really poor including a lot of our star players.

Basic skills errors, lack of intent, hardness and effort, and weak decision making, this performance took me back to the nadir that was the first half of 2019.

Alarmingly there is also now enough evidence to support the claim we cannot run out a full season which is probably the scariest thing because that’s when the the real season starts.

I’m usually quite optimistic but I think it’s hard to see us coming remotely close to winning another game this season so I can’t see us making finals.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't let that late surge fool you.

We were absolutely polaxed.

When the game was there to be won they dismantled us and we had no answers.

Our ball movement was boring and predictable, and our skill level was woeful.

Only once the game was beyond our reach we started taking chances.

Lions took the piss out of us tonight.

Beyond Blue

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
That’s all she wrote for 2022.

Get everyone in for surgery (probably the whole team at this rate) and prepare for 2023.

Also wouldn’t mind seeing half the list cut.
I couldn’t disagree more.
They need to realise that if they want to achieve anything as footballers they have to be able to prepare their bodies and minds for 22 games and finals.
Most of these blokes have been wrapped up in cotton wool their entire careers and it shows when things get a little bit tough they go to water.
They need to feel the pain of being in the 8 all season only to miss finals to maybe realise this a competition for grown men.
7 years since we started this rebuild so the time has come for us to stop talking ourselves up only to make excuses when things don’t go our way.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely expected.

Just a mentally weak club. Last quarter players who were terrible under real pressure got better when the lions pressure disappeared. Notably Fisher and Cottrell who were terrible lifted but only when pressure totally dropped.

Lions got themselves in trouble, lifted and we wiltered away within 3 mins.

Just a basket case the last 6-8 weeks and it's not gonna change the next two weeks

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Number_9

Team Captain
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Just have completely lost the plot, look nothing like the team we were earlier in the season. Lost all run through the middle and dare bar for 10 minutes in the last quarter when the game was done

Back