Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Who wishes I'd stop stuffing around with this poll after a loss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs could easily drop one and we're not without a chance in our games. Selfishly hoping we make it and play Freo.
No way in hell were beating Melbourne without Cripps, Kennedy & Hewitt so its all or nothing in the final round against the worst side in the 8 who keep tin arsing they way across the line.

Regardless though, if were scraping in without a win were going to get pants in the final we play anyways unless we suddenly get newman, williams, hewitt back and some players start to find some touch.

It has to be mental, right??
The kicking errors have to be for sure. 21 clangers in the first quarter. We didn’t handle the occasion at all.

Not having Kennedy, Hewett and Pitto was really bad. Cripps looks sore to me. Just not the same crew in there as we had early on.

I was very disappointed in Dow. Gee to see him have to say “oh yeah I gotta chase” just broke my heart. That’s it for him for the year and I dare say at the club now. Really blew it.

Need to Chill. We’ll be Ok. I hope. We’ve shown we can match it with the Best. Just Gotta Calm down and Glurrggh slam woopidy wtf was happening with my French Bulldog Puppy just then?

I think part of the issue is that we've started with just a really simple contested gameplan that has been found out way too easily.

Voss was even pretty transparent about this at the start of the year, saying that layers would be added over time and we're nowhere near the finished product.

Whether he was referring to those layers being added over the course of the year, or over multiple years, I'm not sure. But we don't seem to have evolved much over the year so let's see what another pre-season can product.

Right now it just seems like "clearance win or bust" which has come undone spectacularly lately.
Spot freakin’ on. However, I think we need to find some on field leadership. A player that’s been in a big games and knows what it takes to win them. If the tigers or geelong are retiring someone then I wouldn’t mind going after them for a year or two and offer a coaching role at the end or something.

That was ******* woeful, Voss has absolutely no idea what our strengths & weakness are.
Disgusted with that effort

*Mod edit: DON’T evade the swear filter
Voss isn’t the issue here. We had a lot of mentally weak players that went into their shells when the heat was brought. Then when we started playing with confidence, we put it on the scoreboard. Don’t know how you can blame the coaches for this one

We really need to start showing composure and playing tempo footy again.

We get a couple behind and then start throwing in on the boot like there's a minute left to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not default, if we are better than 10 other sides we deserve to be there.

Dogs need to win their last 2 v GWS at marvel (likely) and hawks in tassie (tricky, they lost to them last year down there).

Richmond only need to win one of their last 2 to go ahead of us, if we don’t win again.

Saints would need to win both against brisbane and Sydney at marvel, or 1 and hope we get flogged last 2 games to move ahead of us on percentage.

Tigers will make it.

Saints won’t.

Dogs just need 2 and will leapfrog us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does it annoy anyone else that Walsh runs 20m the wrong way to get a handball from gov after a free kick and then bombs it away?

Rather than padding your stats Walsh, go up the field and become another option for gov to kick to or be ready to rove the long kick.

He is playing some real selfish football ATM. Even Eddie highlighted and mentioned it a few times.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As dumb as the Cripps piece of play was it is pretty much exactly the same as Willie rioli early this year accept riolis looked even worse and he got off.

Is anyone else concerned that all Voss mentions in press conferences regarding reasons for our loss last and this week is contest work? Doesn't mention our spectacular skill errors, lack of spread or unwillingness to shut down the opposition. I put that loss and last week down to alot more then losing clearance.
I learnt from Bolton and Teague that they're not worth listening to, both the answers and even more so the questions.

They should allow a supporter in to ask 3 questions after every game

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was ******* woeful, Voss has absolutely no idea what our strengths & weakness are.

Voss isn’t the issue here. We had a lot of mentally weak players that went into their shells when the heat was brought. Then when we started playing with confidence, we put it on the scoreboard. Don’t know how you can blame the coaches for this one
Voss did very little to change anything, we have been smashed in the middle for weeks on end & the rest of our game falls to pieces when it happens.
Game plan is anyones guess at the moment, our ball movement is non existent.
The clangers, broken tackles, s**t efforts etc is all on the players.

Dogs could easily drop one and we're not without a chance in our games. Selfishly hoping we make it and play Freo.

Not sure about 'easily'.

They will beat GWS. Hawks in TAS they could lose if Hawks bring their best but Dogs will start favourites.

The way we're going and with Cripps likely suspended we are no chance of beating Melbourne and underdogs against Collingwood.

Back