VFL 2022 Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that the Swans have yet again chosen to go with a small VFL list considering the current climate. Only one-third of what they can sign.

IN:
OUT:
RE-SIGNED:
Kye Pfrengle (Academy/St George AFC)​
Samuel Thorne (North Adelaide)
Reed van Huisstede (North Adelaide)
Patrick McCartin (AFL)
Ryan Hebron​
Jake Bartholomaeus
Nicholas Brewer
William Collis
Darcy Cordell
Max Geddes
Adam Gulden
Harry Maguire
Harry Morrison
Aidan Watling​

Interesting that the Swans have yet again chosen to go with a small VFL list considering the current climate. Only one-third of what they can sign.Can't

Interesting that the Swans have yet again chosen to go with a small VFL list considering the current climate. Only one-third of what they can sign.

I can't recall exactly how many were on the list last season, seemed a few more than the 10 named today? They are still able to add extra players if they want to?

Last edited:
There was 13 on last years list. There is no list cut off in the VFL and can add to it at any stage throughout the season but they seem pretty set on the list.
It's most likely because most of the NSW/QLD teams VFL sides train with the AFL squad whereas Victorian teams train separately so they have to cap numbers instead of having 70+ players training at once.

If this is the whole list, what happened to Anderson? Last update was be would be a part of our VFL team. Was looking forward to seeing him play
He'll rotate through the NAB league (as an overager) and as a top up for the ressies;

FORMER Sawtell/Toormina Saints player Angus Anderson has been offered the chance to play with the Sydney Swans feeder clubs in 2022, after not being selected in this year’s AFL Draft.
The Swans have made him an offer to play in the club’s NAB League (under 18s) and VFL teams in 2022, as well as training twice a week with the club’s AFL listed players.

(Anderson) "Following the draft I’ve received a couple of offers to move to Melbourne to play NAB League and VFL but chose to remain with the Sydney Swans development program as it’s the best fit for me right now.”

His time with the Swans will be managed by the senior club, rather than the Swans Academy, and rubbing shoulders with the elite players on a daily basis will help build not only his footy skills, but also his leadership capabilities.

IN:
OUT:
RE-SIGNED:
Kye Pfrengle (Academy/St George AFC)​
Samuel Thorne (North Adelaide)
Reed van Huisstede (North Adelaide)
Patrick McCartin (AFL)
Ryan Hebron​
Jake Bartholomaeus
Nicholas Brewer
William Collis
Darcy Cordell
Max Geddes
Adam Gulden
Harry Maguire
Harry Morrison
Aidan Watling​
Is there somewhere we can find pictures of our VFL players? I struggle to identify them when I'm not watching reserves matches regularly.

Is there somewhere we can find pictures of our VFL players? I struggle to identify them when I'm not watching reserves matches regularly.

Sydney doesn't seem to do headshots on their website. It is probably better to google search the players and find photos of each of them, unfortunately. Struggles of northern "VFL" teams and a lack of media around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round1 away to Footscray Friday 25th March at 4 35 pm

1. Yep, Afternoon game at Whitten Oval to kick off Sydney's season and then....
  2. vs Gold Coast - Home
  3. vs Port Melbourne - Away
  4. vs Northern Bullants - Home
  5. Bye
  6. vs Brisbane - Home
  7. vs Werribee - Away
  8. Bye
  9. vs Coburg - Away
  10. vs Richmond - Home
  11. vs Casey - Away
  12. Bye
  13. vs Williamstown - Home
  14. vs Sandringham - Home
  15. vs Essendon - Away
  16. Bye
  17. vs Southport - Away
  18. vs Frankston - Home
  19. vs GWS - Home
  20. vs North Melbourne - Away
  21. vs Collingwood - Home
  22. vs Box Hill - Away

1. Yep, Afternoon game at Whitten Oval to kick off Sydney's season and then....
  2. vs Gold Coast - Home
  3. vs Port Melbourne - Away
  4. vs Northern Bullants - Home
  5. Bye
  6. vs Brisbane - Home
  7. vs Werribee - Away
  8. Bye
  9. vs Coburg - Away
  10. vs Richmond - Home
  11. vs Casey - Away
  12. Bye
  13. vs Williamstown - Home
  14. vs Sandringham - Home
  15. vs Essendon - Away
  16. Bye
  17. vs Southport - Away
  18. vs Frankston - Home
  19. vs GWS - Home
  20. vs North Melbourne - Away
  21. vs Collingwood - Home
  22. vs Box Hill - Away
Thanks just spent 10 minutes putting that together . Only days and times for Round 1 have been released

Who will you be supporting

Have not decided. Bloody hard. Maybe support Bloods players but a Borough result. Being a stand alone club, wins are crucial to them. Hope we murder Willi late in the year.

Imagine what this Game would have been like in the 50 s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back