List Mgmt. 2022 Retirements

Remove this Banner Ad

Oddly enough we have retained all our older players.
This means we can expect a bunch of retirements in 2022. Five you'd think.

JPK
Reid
Naismith
Sinclair
Taylor
At the end of 2022 season Taylor will be 27. Hardly retirement age. He may or may not be offered another contract but That's a different story.
Sam Naismith I hope will retire once his knee is patched up.
JPK probably. Hard to see he will be best 22 in 2023 and can't see him as a ressies player.
Sinkers is an interesting one. He will be 33 and will have spent the year in ressies. If he's fit enough he might go around again in the VFL to mentor McAndrew and King. Or not. Didn't realise he's a Victorian, not from WA.
Sam will be 31 and you would think unlikely to play seniors in 2023.

At the end of 2022 season Taylor will be 27. Hardly retirement age. He may or may not be offered another contract but That's a different story.
Sam Naismith I hope will retire once his knee is patched up.
JPK probably. Hard to see he will be best 22 in 2023 and can't see him as a ressies player.
Sinkers is an interesting one. He will be 33 and will have spent the year in ressies. If he's fit enough he might go around again in the VFL to mentor McAndrew and King. Or not. Didn't realise he's a Victorian, not from WA.
Sam will be 31 and you would think unlikely to play seniors in 2023.
By retire I mean Lewis might go back and play for Mortlake or something .
He certainly won't be in the AFL.in 2022.

JPK
Reid
Naismith
Sinclair
Taylor

Actually hoping Taylor goes out, gets super fit and proves me wrong (but I doubt it).

Think Naismith, Sinclair and Taylor are gone at end of next season.

If Reid stays injury free and creates a role for himself in defence then he could play on (but I'm not holding my breath here).

Kennedy could go on if he believes we are close to a flag (he was still very good at times this year).

JPK
Reid
Naismith
Sinclair
Taylor
I find it slightly bizzare that we are talking retirement, older players, and yet there is no mention of Buddy...

Buddy goes on.
You would have to say that as much as we want it to be true, the odds are against and it should be at least mentioned in the conversation... surely?

Mind you, I'll happily hope that he is extended for almost no other reason than to prove all those doubters wrong...

If we win the flag next year surely Buddy and Joey go out on top. Cray and Taylor are likely to be delisted if they don't retire. Reid will need to dominate from day one to survive and even then it probably will just result in him being trade bait if that somehow happens. Rampe's not got long either, gotta get him a flag before he retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the flag next year surely Buddy and Joey go out on top. Cray and Taylor are likely to be delisted if they don't retire. Reid will need to dominate from day one to survive and even then it probably will just result in him being trade bait if that somehow happens. Rampe's not got long either, gotta get him a flag before he retires.

Gray has already been delisted.

I just wanted to let you know that my grandfather who was 94 and a long time south Melbourne supporter living in Tassie, died on the way to hospital this morning. The whole family was with him all week and he was so happy. Me and him watched the Sydney Richmond game while I was with him and he just loved the way the swans are playing. He said he hasn't seen us play like that in 60 years. I'm so happy I got to sit on the couch next to him and enjoy our beloved swans

I just wanted to let you know that my grandfather who was 94 and a long time south Melbourne supporter living in Tassie, died on the way to hospital this morning. The whole family was with him all week and he was so happy. Me and him watched the Sydney Richmond game while I was with him and he just loved the way the swans are playing. He said he hasn't seen us play like that in 60 years. I'm so happy I got to sit on the couch next to him and enjoy our beloved swans
My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

Sorry for your loss Westo.
Your grandfather lived a long and (hopefully) happy life - and that's something worth celebrating, very glad you have a beautiful final memory of him to keep in your heart.

My sympathies to you and your family.

Actually hoping Taylor goes out, gets super fit and proves me wrong (but I doubt it).

Think Naismith, Sinclair and Taylor are gone at end of next season.

If Reid stays injury free and creates a role for himself in defence then he could play on (but I'm not holding my breath here).

Kennedy could go on if he believes we are close to a flag (he was still very good at times this year).
A friend of mine who saw a fair bit of L Taylor as a junior in the Hampden League said it was clear that he would play AFL football. He's a smart footballer, but doesn't have the right body shape and looks to lack the athleticism required to play in the AFL these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back