2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I want to be Richmond. We enabled losing to get Cotchin & Dusty, people like to forget that these 2 generational players came to us from the top 3 picks due to us accepting a willingness to lose for a year. Without either 1 of them we never make a single Grand Final, let alone win 3

The Dynasty was built on a variety of draft and trading moves that included enabling losing for 2 years. The sooner we can get the 2 young potential elite guys we need, the sooner we can hopefully still cash in on the final years of Dusty, Lynch, Grimes etc. Wait too long and they will miss the boat & then the rebuild takes longer as we have a big experienced elite player hole
Can i ask you for the sake of GOD

How the F did we enable losing to get Dusty ???
We bloody well won a game and lost a position to melbourne

No, I want to be Richmond. We enabled losing to get Cotchin & Dusty, people like to forget that these 2 generational players came to us from the top 3 picks due to us accepting a willingness to lose for a year. Without either 1 of them we never make a single Grand Final, let alone win 3

The Dynasty was built on a variety of draft and trading moves that included enabling losing for 2 years. The sooner we can get the 2 young potential elite guys we need, the sooner we can hopefully still cash in on the final years of Dusty, Lynch, Grimes etc. Wait too long and they will miss the boat & then the rebuild takes longer as we have a big experienced elite player hole
You want us to tank then?

Can i ask you for the sake of GOD

How the F did we enable losing to get Dusty ???
We bloody well won a game and lost a position to melbourne
Yep, I was at that match and we played our guts out to beat a team that was better equipped than us at the time.

I think he's confusing Terry Wallace's remarks at the time that he "felt compromised" with how some of the media continually re-quoted it that he "compromised". Two very different implications.

Yep, I was at that match and we played our guts out to beat a team that was better equipped than us at the time.

I think he's confusing Terry Wallace's remarks at the time that he "felt compromised" with how some of the media continually re-quoted it that he "compromised". Two very different implications.
Agree. . we finished and got high picks because we were legitimately shite.

He is claiming we tanked to get Cotchin & Martin
2007 we finished dead last with just 3 wins and carlton finished 2nd last with 4 wins. Melbourne had 5 wins

Carlton got a PP #1 and selected Kreuzer - How did we tank to get Cotchin ?

2009 melbourne tanked the game against Richmond to finish last and get pick #1 + #2 pp and we ended up with pick #3 and selected Martin

Yet this Einstein believes we tanked to get Cotchin and Martin
FMD

Deserves everything he gets including the $450k a year he sold us out for.

way to kill a career
To be fair, he could see the writing on the wall. Nank was still our number 1 ruck. Soldo was ahead of him. There was the prospect of Mate Colina coming at some point. Why not take close to half a million per year? And he wanted to ruck and not be our forward.

To be fair, he could see the writing on the wall. Nank was still our number 1 ruck. Soldo was ahead of him. There was the prospect of Mate Colina coming at some point. Why not take close to half a million per year? And he wanted to ruck and not be our forward.
The thing is the dumbass thinks he is a Ruckman
he is a foward

FTU3hzMacAA5-c4

A few KPP talents around the mark I expect us to be drafting this year.

Will we finally recruit Tom Scully?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want us to tank then?
What he is trying to say is that you need 2-3 elite players drafted and the only way to get them is to get top 3-5 draft picks. I tend to agree and unless you want to end up like a Geelong, you need a minimum of two years at the bottom (ideally not wooden spoon bad and still getting enough wins to preserve hope). I would be thinking after this year, we would benefit from that regeneration, and then aggressively topping up with Free Agents from there. Unfortunately, this may come at a cost of retaining Martin, Broad, Rioli, etc who could command some top picks and take players from the 26 year old plus category (who are not playing in our next flag) and trading them for picks while we still have the Lynch's, Prestia's, Vlastuin types who can help mentor the next generation.

We could honestly content this year, trade hard to get two more second rounders and another into next years draft, go down next year and potentially have say pick 3-5, 21, 23, and 25. You would be crazy to not load up on some talent for short term pain to ensure we have the next batch of Martin, Cotchin, etc before the next compromised drafts come in with Tassie.

We didn't enable losing to get Cotchin and Martin, we were simply s**t and getting a couple of top 3 kids isn't going to turn us into a premiership contender either. It took nearly a decade from when we got Cotchin and Martin to turn into a premiership winning team

We didn't enable losing to get Cotchin and Martin, we were simply s**t and getting a couple of top 3 kids isn't going to turn us into a premiership contender either. It took nearly a decade from when we got Cotchin and Martin to turn into a premiership winning team
We actually got penalised on both occassions

Melbourne got a crazy pic before our Martin pick
Carlton got a PP to select Kreuzer

You tank to get pick #1 not pick #2/#3

We just need to keep building. Hopefully rebuild the list whilst still contending. Free up $ as the older guys drop off and then suddenly a FA or 2 is ours and we in 15 and 16 (14 this year of course).

Trade and keep our good picks, unless a genuine A grader comes to us.

Disagree. That St Kilda game we moved players all over the shop in the last quarter to lose. The final month with Rawlings was miles worse than we had been all year.,

We didn't get penalised by it either - both years there we just teams that tanked harder and locked in priority picks, but we did the same thing and got Rance with a priority. It's not really a big deal, s**t happens when your rebuilding from the ground up

We just need to keep building. Hopefully rebuild the list whilst still contending. Free up $ as the older guys drop off and then suddenly a FA or 2 is ours and we in 15 and 16 (14 this year of course).

Trade and keep our good picks, unless a genuine A grader comes to us.
Yeah, we all know that the premiership is the ultimate goal, and that is the true measure of success. But I don't want to have wins like Saturday night or against Collingwood etc taken away from us for 5 years just on a dice roll to possibly getting a couple of gun youngsters. Life's too short - we need to still be able to regularly celebrate home and away victories, not just be constantly hanging on a future speculative premiership tilt.

Yeah, we all know that the premiership is the ultimate goal, and that is the true measure of success. But I don't want to have wins like Saturday night or against Collingwood etc taken away from us for 5 years just on a dice roll to possibly getting a couple of gun youngsters. Life's too short - we need to still be able to regularly celebrate home and away victories, not just be constantly hanging on a future speculative premiership tilt.

I agree. The afl should yank funding from anytime looking to enter into this 5 year rebuild thing. It sucks the league dry when half the teams aren’t trying to post a winning season.

Dropping the free agency age would go a long way to allowing teams to fast track a rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picks as of the halfway mark of the season.
11, 20, 29, 65.

Pick 11 - Best available inside mid
Pick 20 - Best available KPP
Pick 29 - Best available inside mid

We really need to get some quality depth through with free agency. As long as the salary cap can afford it, we should be looking at guys like McStay, Amon and Dale.

Amon and Dale can add depth on the wings where guys like Ross, Edwards and Ralphsmith aren't working atm.

If we get Mc Stay we could even go for 3 inside mids from a list balance perspective.

I reckon I would trade pick 11 for Hopper or Taranto too.

If we lose players for picks as has been speculated that changes things too.

Picks as of the halfway mark of the season.
11, 20, 29, 65.

Pick 11 - Best available inside mid
Pick 20 - Best available KPP
Pick 29 - Best available inside mid

We really need to get some quality depth through with free agency. As long as the salary cap can afford it, we should be looking at guys like McStay, Amon and Dale.

Amon and Dale can add depth on the wings where guys like Ross, Edwards and Ralphsmith aren't working atm.

If we get Mc Stay we could even go for 3 inside mids from a list balance perspective.

I reckon I would trade pick 11 for Hopper or Taranto too.

If we lose players for picks as has been speculated that changes things too.
Trade pick 11 for either in a heartbeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back