2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

with 16 rds to finish off season 2022 this is what i see as a possible line up come rd 1. 2023 based on current form
looking to trade in a mid if possible(dont know who's available) and trade in a goal kicking HF because the days of Castagna & Aarts types are over
get currency for trading rioli & short whist we help out the 2 west aussie wingmen in getting them home
the 3 de listings are no suprise
ive got 11 spots,that may come back to 8 if 1 of rioli/short is kept.pickett retained & RCD given one last chance

gibcus tarrant grimes
broad valustin baker
ralphsmith prestia dow
clarke balta *****
martin lynch bolton

soldo ***** sonsie

inter: lambert brown nankervis graham

sub: ****

retired : cotchin,edwards,reiwoldt
trade : d.rioli short castagna
trade to WA ? : pickett mcintosh
de list : caddy aarts rcd
You didn’t seriously suggest trading short and Rioli right? This is a joke yeah?

Poor old CCJ is still battling away in the reserves while the roos sit last on the ladder. Funny thing is he'd be probably be playing most weeks for us as 2nd ruck but nah he left for 'opportunity'. What's he played, 3 games? :think:
Yep, he'd have undoubtedly played at least all those games where Jack was out early in the season and when Lynchy was out recently, and would most likely have had the opportunity to keep Ivan out since then if his form was what a second round draft pick should be by now.

But no, he chose to go to the minnows for some quick cash, so f*** him.

He is claiming we tanked to get Cotchin & Martin
2007 we finished dead last with just 3 wins and carlton finished 2nd last with 4 wins. Melbourne had 5 wins

Carlton got a PP #1 and selected Kreuzer - How did we tank to get Cotchin ?

2009 melbourne tanked the game against Richmond to finish last and get pick #1 + #2 pp and we ended up with pick #3 and selected Martin

Yet this Einstein believes we tanked to get Cotchin and Martin
FMD
We tanked to get Cotchin in 2007. Threw the game against the Saints in the last round to finish bottom.
Carlton would have pick 2 instead of pick 3, so would have missed out on Cotchin.

Dodged a bullet when Judd chose the Blues ahead of Richmond. Would have cost us pick 2 (Cotchin) and pick 18 (Rance).

First pick in the second round looking good right now. Can grab the best unexpected slider.

Eagles will improve a bit and with Optus Stadium still a reasonable task, should do enough to avoid last.
We ain't getting the first pick of the second round. The AFL will give North a priority pick in that exact spot.

2 & 4 @ the time of observation,was and still is justifiable,seasons not over yet,sitting 7th arent we ?

On no planet would you consider trading out 2 x blokes in their mid-20’s playing career best footy. Even if we struggle into 10th, why on earth would you want to get rid of players with 5+ years of their best footy ahead of them?

If we were definitely rebuilding then trading out a Broad or McIntosh type makes sense given their age, but not any quality players in their mid-20’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We tanked to get Cotchin in 2007. Threw the game against the Saints in the last round to finish bottom.
Carlton would have pick 2 instead of pick 3, so would have missed out on Cotchin.

Dodged a bullet when Judd chose the Blues ahead of Richmond. Would have cost us pick 2 (Cotchin) and pick 18 (Rance).
FMD
How do you tank to get pick 2

If you remember correctly it was called the Kreuzer cup and Carlton were always taking MK
Richmond finished last with 3 wins and Carlton 4 wins and traded away pick #3 and used their pick #1 on MK

St Kilda had 5 more scoring shots that we did that game and were s**t all year and St Kilda finished 9th that year with 11 wins and a draw

Last edited:
It hasn't even been 10 years since they last played finals. I think the AFL needs to be stricter when deciding who getsside
It hasn't even been 10 years since they last played finals. I think the AFL needs to be stricter when deciding who gets a priority pick.
I cannot see how the AFL cannot grant a PP to North. 2 spoons in a row and basically zero wins for the season. There one and only win was because the Eagles had 14 players out with Covid and the match should have been cancelled. Like it or not if the AFL does not grant a PP here then they could no longer ever warrant handing one out again.

This seems to be a myth that originated from disgruntled Carlscum supporters who wanted both picks one and two (ably assisted by media muck rakers).
Wallace made it clear that he felt "compromised" by the result implications but also stated he did not coach for a loss.
Interestingly, the Tigers kicked six goals to three against the Saints in the second quarter (after they jumped us in the first) and the game was finely balanced from there on.
If that was tanking, it was a coaching/playing masterpiece.
(The Saints won 11 games to our three for the season.)
Two years later Wallace coached a Jordy McMahon last kick win against Melbourne which relegated us to third pick.
Melbourne coach Connolly was actually investigated by the AFL for tanking.
He was rubbed out for a year.

I agree we dodged a bullet with Judd (in so many ways).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems to be a myth that originated from disgruntled Carlscum supporters who wanted both picks one and two (ably assisted by media muck rakers).
Wallace made it clear that he felt "compromised" by the result implications but also stated he did not coach for a loss.
Interestingly, the Tigers kicked six goals to three against the Saints in the second quarter (after they jumped us in the first) and the game was finely balanced from there on.
If that was tanking, it was a coaching/playing masterpiece.
(The Saints won 11 games to our three for the season.)
Two years later Wallace coached a Jordy McMahon last kick win against Melbourne which relegated us to third pick.
Melbourne coach Connolly was actually investigated by the AFL for tanking.
He was rubbed out for a year.

I agree we dodged a bullet with Judd (in so many ways).
Apparently according to some fools we also tanked to get pick 3 by beating melbourne to get Dusty

This is completely correct tiggy. Plough's exact words were that he "felt compromised" (link below) - "It's the first time in 30 years where I've been involved in football as a player or a coach where I've felt compromised doing my job," Wallace said at the time.

Former Richmond coach Terry Wallace says AFL has to do more to eradicate tanking; calls for draft lottery

Yet that has somehow become misconstrued by those with sinister motives to him saying that he "compromised". Completely different meanings.

It would be akin to someone saying the "felt cheated", but were then quoted as saying they "cheated".

Richmond never in any way tanked under Wallace, nor any other coach.

I cannot see how the AFL cannot grant a PP to North. 2 spoons in a row and basically zero wins for the season. There one and only win was because the Eagles had 14 players out with Covid and the match should have been cancelled. Like it or not if the AFL does not grant a PP here then they could no longer ever warrant handing one out again.
Why subject another poor kid going to Norf?

Norf will get a priority pick at the start if the 2nd round.
It is only fair that we get the first pick on the second night. Think we have a fair case to argue that pick 19 is valuable being the first pick on the second night and that we strategically traded for Norths future second and shouldn’t be taken away from us.

If they want to make North more competitive they should give North a top 10 pick and make them trade it for an experienced player/players to try and get clubs in a bidding war for the pick.

It is only fair that we get the first pick on the second night. Think we have a fair case to argue that pick 19 is valuable being the first pick on the second night and that we strategically traded for Norths future second and shouldn’t be taken away from us.

If they want to make North more competitive they should give North a top 10 pick and make them trade it for an experienced player/players to try and get clubs in a bidding war for the pick.
The shouldn't give north anything! Its only through their own incompetence they are where they are. they shouldn't be rewarded for making poor decisions

The shouldn't give north anything! Its only through their own incompetence they are where they are. they shouldn't be rewarded for making poor decisions
I agree completely, they chose to treat older players like s**t and force them into leaving. They have dug their own hole, but I just know the AFL will do it as it’s a short term fix and easy decision.

If the AFL were honest with themselves though they would admit that despite a proud history in the year 2022 and moving forward North are an irrelevant football club and in a national competition there are too many teams in Melbourne and there should be one in Tasmania providing they get a stadium with a roof.
Out: North Melbourne
In: Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Back