2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon a gun midfielder will be top off the shopping list this year.

Just depends if it will be one from another club that will cost us our first pick

Reckon a gun midfielder will be top off the shopping list this year.

Just depends if it will be one from another club that will cost us our first pick
could be one of 3 established HB's instead of a pick ?
Rioli/Short or Baker frees up Whitfield to play FT mid with Kelly,Cogniglio,Hopper & either Taranto or Green, they lose a mid and gain a classy Premiership winning HB.losing either Green or Taranto is discounted by having Whitfield step in as the mid he was drafted #1 as

Last edited:

Defenders that move to the fwd line are almost always terrible and not accurate kicks (Casboult, Naughton, Hooker). Why don’t we actually draft somebody who plays the role instead of trying to be fancy. We already fill our mid with small forwards and it’s cooking us.

I’m saying to draft the best available KPF or mid with our first pick. Then 2 inside mids with the next two. I think it sounds pretty reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gibcus is a beautiful kick and played forward as a junior. Nearly every kpp prospect is trialed forward and back during their draft years to make them more draftable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez norf are complete dog s**t

Dogs teabagged them pretty relentlessly in the first quarter
combo teabag GIF

We are way too inconsistent during games to be making finals.

North, West Coast and Hawks are certainties to finish below us.

We are in the tier of GWS, Essendon (I think they will find form eventually), Collingwood, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

We will be finishing somewhere between 9~15 imo.

Norf will ask for priority picks. Andrew Dillon needs to say NO!
This will probably be the fourth year in a row they finish last or second last. Based on how they've been handed out in the past, I'd say they've probably got a fair argument for getting one.

Personally, I don't think they should exist at all.

This will probably be the fourth year in a row they finish last or second last. Based on how they've been handed out in the past, I'd say they've probably got a fair argument for getting one.

Personally, I don't think they should exist at all.
I disagree and draft picks have already been compromised massively
Carlton were in a similar position and were handed access to 2 x mature picks which they had the ability to trade which they did to get the required pick for Mitch McGovern. Same deal would be suitable

These days they have many more advantages like the mid season draft where they effectively gained a top 10 kid for free in 2021 (jacob Edwards)
and will again this year which was never available in the past.

The draft should no longer be compromised by clubs deliberately selling off older players for picks and then being so bad and begging for compo picks

North a where they are due to bad list management. The afl should of stepped in when they delisted 10 players with no plans to get extra draft currency. They’ve filled their list with trash and need to cut them before they even get to look at moving in some of the best 22 that aren’t up to it. Imbecilic list management done on everyone else’s tab like pretty much everything this club does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say we raid their list
specially Ben McKay who will be a free agent soon

Picks at end of round 5-

8, 20, 26.

But reckon 4, 19 and 22 would be fantastic.
That also means we finish in the bottom four, nothing fantastic about that!

Regardless of whether or not people want to see a rebuild, if we were finishing in the bottom four based on our current squad that would be catastrophic!

Be interesting to see if the tigers target a mid or kpp with the first couple picks
Mid for me, backline with balta, gibcus and Miller is a good group to go forward with, but the midfield is barer than I've ever seen it. Even in the darkest of dark days we had a foley, tuck, deledio in there.

Flags can be won with very average tall forwards quite often. Can't win it if you can't get the ball in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back