2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
To be updated at the end of each round.

Richmonds current picks:-

5, 21 (North 2nd rounder), 23, (41 traded to Collingwood in 2021) 59, 77

An early look at who is likely to be in the mix

Hopefully we are active in the trade market and offload a few underperforming players too.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Said it in another thread, pending our own picks depending on where we finish, we should be trying to offload a couple guys with currency to get an additional 2 picks inside the top 30.

Regardless of the results this year, it's still rebuild time on the cards, and adding in another 4-5 top 30 picks on top of those from last year would mean close to 10 top 30 picks in 2 years. That's a great building block to add to Balta, Bolton, Baker and some of the other under 25 players on the list for the future.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond

5, 21 (North 2nd rounder), 23, 41, 59.

Hopefully we are active in the trade market and offload a few underperforming players too.
Looks like another F/S pick will be nudging everybody else down the order again this year.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Said it in another thread, pending our own picks depending on where we finish, we should be trying to offload a couple guys with currency to get an additional 2 picks inside the top 30.

Regardless of the results this year, it's still rebuild time on the cards, and adding in another 4-5 top 30 picks on top of those from last year would mean close to 10 top 30 picks in 2 years. That's a great building block to add to Balta, Bolton, Baker and some of the other under 25 players on the list for the future.
Who would you offload that has any sort of decent currency?

Harry_Up

Draftee
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

5, 21 (North 2nd rounder), 23, 41, 59.

We do not have a round 3 pick next year - that went to Collingwood

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Who would you offload that has any sort of decent currency?
Before someone says I'm destroying our list, it would only be 1-2 of these, and currency is the key.

Short
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Soldo
Graham
Broad

Every other player young enough to have currency, would be worth keeping.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Before someone says I'm destroying our list, it would only be 1-2 of these, and currency is the key.

Short
Vlastuin
Nankervis
Soldo
Graham
Broad

Every other player young enough to have currency, would be worth keeping.
Take Nankervis and Vlastuin off and I think it's pretty reasonable. I'd be weary about trading Soldo unless Colina and Samson come on quicker than expected. Dogs would probably be keen. If it meant getting Dunkley I'd take that risk.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Take Nankervis and Vlastuin off and I think it's pretty reasonable. I'd be weary about trading Soldo unless Colina and Samson come on quicker than expected. Dogs would probably be keen. If it meant getting Dunkley I'd take that risk.
We'd need to trade for picks imo.
Gotta build the next young core to come along together. I'd be trying to get picks even if we have to pick + player to move up the draft.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Gotta build the next young core to come along together. I'd be trying to get picks even if we have to pick + player to move up the draft.
Not sure. We can still contend next year without Jack and Cotchin. We'll be still be strong forward and back. Bring in Dunkley and a free agent mid or KPF and still take a decent hand to the draft.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Not sure. We can still contend next year without Jack and Cotchin. We'll be still be strong forward and back. Bring in Dunkley and a free agent mid or KPF and still take a decent hand to the draft.
Let it go.

The eras over.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Let it go.

The eras over.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
If Geelong can contend most years we can too.

We still have vlastuin prestia nank short lynch dusty graham balta gibcus sonsie kmac ralphsmith baker bolton brown broad etc etc are a very good core group for a few more years yet.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
If Geelong can contend most years we can too.

We still have vlastuin prestia nank short lynch dusty graham balta gibcus sonsie kmac ralphsmith baker bolton brown broad etc etc are a very good core group for a few more years yet.
Geelong dont contend. They do well in the H&A because no one can win against them in Geelong, then get towelled in finals.

That list you quoted there isn't all that impressive anymore. We need more elite talent and we need it from the draft.

You're in for a hard realisation if you still think this core can win a flag. We've had our era mate, it's over.

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree to trade for picks, but also be careful not to trade out all of our older players. We need to get the balance right between getting quality young players and giving them experience, but also having enough quality older players to learn from.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I agree to trade for picks, but also be careful not to trade out all of our older players. We need to get the balance right between getting quality young players and giving them experience, but also having enough quality older players to learn from.
Agree. I'd only trade off 1 or 2.
Riewoldt, Cotchin, Edwards will retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back