2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Picks as at the end of Round 6:-

7, 19, 25, 61.

Some Richmond guy at the end of last year made a live draft pick table for every AFL team on one of these threads. It would be great if anybody else could make one or get that guy to do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some Richmond guy at the end of last year made a live draft pick table for every AFL team on one of these threads. It would be great if anybody else could make one or get that guy to do it again.

This type of thing?

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
North finishing bottom will have the extra bonus of getting the money-ball pick. Quite often the first pick on the second night can traded for overs.

2018 West Coast traded pick 23 plus a future 5th to Gold Coast for Pick 28 and 32
2019 Port Adelaide traded pick 22 and 2020 4th round pick to Brisbane for Pick 23 and 2020 2nd round pick from Collingwood (pick 30)
2020 Draft was on one night
2021 Fremantle apparently knocked back good offers so they could draft Johnson

If the 2nd round of this year's draft is fairly even then it would be definitely worth trading down a few places and getting an extra second rounder.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
They gave us #19 for CCJ who is not getting a game with them.
Will work out pointwise to be around a pick in the mid 30s + Robbie Tarrant

CCJ + pick 42 + pick 47 + future 4th (61) to North for pick 40 + future 2nd (19) + Robbie Tarrant

Better than expected considering that he could have walked for nothing in the PSD

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
North finishing bottom will have the extra bonus of getting the money-ball pick. Quite often the first pick on the second night can traded for overs.

2018 West Coast traded pick 23 plus a future 5th to Gold Coast for Pick 28 and 32
2019 Port Adelaide traded pick 22 and 2020 4th round pick to Brisbane for Pick 23 and 2020 2nd round pick from Collingwood (pick 30)

If the 2nd round of this year's draft is fairly even then it would be definitely worth trading down a few places and getting an extra second rounder.
North will get a priority pick at the start of the second round, so our pick will lose most of that value.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
We should make them an offer including their pick 19 for #1.

I’m not too sure I’d do that. We will need to fill a lot of gaps after this year once our stars retire and we would need to trade our 3 picks to get it, not worth it imo.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not too sure I’d do that. We will need to fill a lot of gaps after this year once our stars retire and we would need to trade our 3 picks to get it, not worth it imo.

id agree to an extent, we could easily cut 10+ this year without being too harsh. but we lack the top end youth talent you need to compete. 1 dustin martin is worth much more than whoever we pick at 7 & 19 unless we pull off an absolute fluke

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
id agree to an extent, we could easily cut 10+ this year without being too harsh. but we lack the top end youth talent you need to compete. 1 dustin martin is worth much more than whoever we pick at 7 & 19 unless we pull off an absolute fluke

You’d also have to give 25 on top of those two.
Yes you could get a dusty but that’s like winning the lotto as well.

If you just look at the last draft would you give Gibcus, Brown and Sonsie all just for JHF? No way, Gibcus looks as good or even better than JHF right now.

Sonsie was the number 1 pick before he got injured and was replaced by JHF. Brown was the second best HB in the draft.

So we’ve essentially gotten two players for free that could be Vlastuin and Prestia quality. Whilst also having Gibcus that could be the next Rance from not doing that deal.

Also the No 1 pick this draft is probably going to be Ashcroft who is 183cm and 79kg. He’s pretty small and defs not the big bodied mid we need anyway.

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
You’d also have to give 25 on top of those two.
Yes you could get a dusty but that’s like winning the lotto as well.

If you just look at the last draft would you give Gibcus, Brown and Sonsie all just for JHF? No way, Gibcus looks as good or even better than JHF right now.

Sonsie was the number 1 pick before he got injured and was replaced by JHF. Brown was the second best HB in the draft.

So we’ve essentially gotten two players for free that could be Vlastuin and Prestia quality. Whilst also having Gibcus that could be the next Rance from not doing that deal.

Also the No 1 pick this draft is probably going to be Ashcroft who is 183cm and 79kg. He’s pretty small and defs not the big bodied mid we need anyway.

There are 2-3 mids ahead of Ashcroft right now. And outside them there are 2 more mids that are pushing top 10.

Gratees

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Recommend having a look at Elijah Hewett. Swan Districts WA. Bull of a mid and Will be taken early
I suppose it depends who has the first pick, West Coast will take the WA boy, North will probably take the vic boy

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep, I would say Wardlaw is the clear number 1 at the moment

Isn’t wardlaw like 72kg though? I’m not sure he’s the best option. Hewitt & Mitch are my go to right now. Both can be acquired without the No 1 pick easy.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
This type of thing?
The Suns have way more picks available than what they'll use. Might be worth trying to extract a couple of their 20-somethings for a player/future pick?

I like it.
Will work out pointwise to be around a pick in the mid 30s + Robbie Tarrant

CCJ + pick 42 + pick 47 + future 4th (61) to North for pick 40 + future 2nd (19) + Robbie Tarrant

Better than expected considering that he could have walked for nothing in the PSD
But remember we didn't have available list places for pick 47, so it would've been passed on anyway. It was very good business, even if the Roos didn't completely s**t the bed again in 2022.

I'm loving the work of Gibbo, and he's more than likely going to be a star. But JHF is going to be an absolute monster. He's a cross between Mark Riccuito and Nathan Buckley.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm loving the work of Gibbo, and he's more than likely going to be a star. But JHF is going to be an absolute monster. He's a cross between Mark Riccuito and Nathan Buckley.
Yes thats what they keep telling us and dont forget plays like ' Dangefield'

He is more the now player but not convinced he will be the bet out of the mids , Callaghan & Rachelle looking like real class players

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes thats what they keep telling us and dont forget plays like ' Dangefield'

He is more the now player but not convinced he will be the bet out of the mids , Callaghan & Rachelle looking like real class players
JHF's only danger to becoming a superstar is the "Patrick Cripps Effect", where he shoulders so much of a contest load at such a young age for his struggling club that he's effectively broken by the time they become a serious premiership threat.

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Had a chance to watch a bit of the highly rated South Australian key forward prospect Harry Lemmey.

Won’t be around when Tigers are selecting (unless something goes very wrong or we trade up) but this kid is a very exciting prospect. Reminds me of a cross between Stephen Kernahan and Joe Daniher.
202cm is a great size and uses his reach really well on the the lead.

Personally I think he’s a can’t miss talent and will be guaranteed top 2-3 selection.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Mid for me, backline with balta, gibcus and Miller is a good group to go forward with, but the midfield is barer than I've ever seen it. Even in the darkest of dark days we had a foley, tuck, deledio in there.

Flags can be won with very average tall forwards quite often. Can't win it if you can't get the ball in the middle.

I’d go tall if there’s one there. We are close to having a spine to contend with and I’d hope we draft the players that will take the longest to develop.

It also locks us in for what is likely to be a string of lowly finishes, which should give us the consecutive years of top round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back