Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie cannot play another role. But if a guy like Blakely can’t get a consistent crack in this side even though he’s an elite accumulator with limitations, I can’t foresee Brodie having a consistent enough role for 225k to make him worth his price tag.

Bloke reminds me of Brayden Sier, last mid in the rotation and low TOG%.

Mitch I love pies McGovern :moustache: as a option .

I’m not trialling for one or the other to be dragged but Fyfe will play 95% of Freo’s CB’s. Serong and Brayshaw will as well. That’s where Brodie is most influential. He’s slow after the contest and he’s not overly fit. He’s going to mix low TOG% with a foggy inside mid role where he won’t get the minutes he needs to be a consistent contributor. For 225k you want a well defined role, if he was doing this with Fyfe then all guns blazing but he didn’t.
That's why I'm picking Xerri.

Issue is Fyfe has said he’s a full time mid this year. So is Braysh and Serong. Brodie isn’t a winger. Neither is Mundy.

What few minutes he’ll get left in the middle will also be subsidised by the 60% TOG he will feature in due to his poor tank.

You’d think Fyfe is the go to at all stoppages too and he will play 90% TOG from the get go, Braysh the next guy in. I’m not sure on Brodie.

Let’s give him the chop!!
7B08B9FE-E24E-4F81-AE8D-F709BBEB2BE3.gif

So JHF needs to go at about 80. 🤔
Yes, but don't panic about that chart too much, it's the spike games that are the key with rookies. You don't care about his average for the season, just the first 6-10 games. 2/3 tonnes in the first 8 and he'll have made enough to trade out.

Of course spike games work both ways - if he squirts out a 30 that will kill his cash gen big time.

Yes, but don't panic about that chart too much, it's the spike games that are the key with rookies. You don't care about his average for the season, just the first 6-10 games. 2/3 tonnes in the first 8 and he'll have made enough to trade out.

Of course spike games work both ways - if he squirts out a 30 that will kill his cash gen big time.
Yeah, of course. Does make you rethink guys like Rachelle and Hinge though.

Hinge is fine .....with Seedsman out, he offers a lot of flexibility ....think he'll surprise a few skeptics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachelle is a similar pick to JHF to me. Looks a gun, playing mainly forward in a team that will struggle. But they only need a couple of good games to make $150k and get traded. And both have good JS.

You just have to ruthless and not hold them too long, if they hit $330-350k and their BE is high they have to go.

Rachelle is a similar pick to JHF to me. Looks a gun, playing mainly forward in a team that will struggle. But they only need a couple of good games to make $150k and get traded. And both have good JS.

You just have to ruthless and not hold them too long, if they hit $330-350k and their BE is high they have to go.
He had what, 80 something off the back of 3 goals and 8 tackles. Not sure he gets much better than that??

Hinge looks like a trap to me, can his shoulder stay in one piece long enough to make some cash.
Seedsman out indefinitely ....Hinge plays as the Defensive wingman .....good intercept mark & tackler

Not seeing any injury concerns, that sees him any greater worry than any other player

He is not training this week due to a knock to his suspect shoulder on the weekend.
There's no concerns ....many players are nursed thru the first few days, post match ....Hinge is fine

And yes people .....Pedlar, that future star, does not have a hamstring injury ....was running and kicking this week

There's no concerns ....many players are nursed thru the first few days, post match ....Hinge is fine

And yes people .....Pedlar, that future star, does not have a hamstring injury ....was running and kicking this week
These hiccups may mean they miss out for round 1 …. any injury clouds a week out raises a red flag for me. The Sunday game for the Crows compounds the issue in this case.

Rookie stats after AAMI Games
FNMlC1mVcAApVCc

He definitely hurt his shoulder in the game last weekend. I was watching him him closely and he was favouring it.

Whether it keeps him out who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back