Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

ForeverHardcore

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Averaged 9 touches in the SANFL, would wanna hope all 9 of those are all intercepts or he'll score stuff all.
At 144k if his spot is locked I don’t think I’ll be hesitating in picking him
Warm bodies in the backline is essential under 200k. Butt’s was an inspired starting pick last year. The kemp, Perez, Sinn, chesser and Aleer types may be important if o’driscoll, Gould, skinner, McDonough, dean and de koning don’t get named early. It looks like we’ll get enough though which is good. Last year the back rookies were baron

Duckworthy

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Honestly i have Ward being better in 2022 than Daicos, i think the word Daicos will play a bit of half back, likely plays abit of wing and some mid time eventually but Ward is probably getting mid time by R1, already showed he's super developed and they're both super talented, so for someone to be more developed both physically (strength and fitness) and mentally with the leadership Ward has shown so far it'd be my choice atm if having to choose between the two.
But if Daicos is playing a defensive role without too much accountability (you wouldn't normally be given a hard oppo in the first season) then he could pad his stats and very easily be a better scorer than Ward. It'll be an interesting watch

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ward bases his game off Walsh correct?
So he’s a running machine who bulked up last year in the 18’s to learn how to play inside.
Rising star winner for me Dom
All the comparisons i've seen are to Walsh and Touk. Hard gut running. He's a genuine playmaker, balanced and so on. Very walsh like except more developed at the same age meaning he'll play more mid time than Walsh did in his first year. Atleast that's what i've seen so far. Merrett also the other comparison.

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But if Daicos is playing a defensive role without too much accountability (you wouldn't normally be given a hard oppo in the first season) then he could pad his stats and very easily be a better scorer than Ward. It'll be an interesting watch
Interesting, maybe but it's unlikely he wins enough footy to make up for the lack of tackles, contested and so on that Ward will get over him (guess work).

ForeverHardcore

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
All the comparisons i've seen are to Walsh and Touk. Hard gut running. He's a genuine playmaker, balanced and so on. Very walsh like except more developed at the same age meaning he'll play more mid time than Walsh did in his first year. Atleast that's what i've seen so far. Merrett also the other comparison.
Very exciting
Looks like sammy is going to give the kids every chance in that midfield this year. Titch to do the lifting at times with jaeger and Wingard in bursts.
Worpel leading the next brigade with Nash Ward Newcombe and McGuiness. Ward definitely makes that midfield look better as he’s a classy user to compliment Wingard and the inside bulls you already have!

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very exciting
Looks like sammy is going to give the kids every chance in that midfield this year. Titch to do the lifting at times with jaeger and Wingard in bursts.
Worpel leading the next brigade with Nash Ward Newcombe and McGuiness. Ward definitely makes that midfield look better as he’s a classy user to compliment Wingard and the inside bulls you already have!
Ward genuinely looks so good, he just does everything well, i haven't seen a huge weakness in his game yet. He can win the footy on the inside/clearances but he's also quick, hard gut running to win the footy on the outside, smart, good user and creates.

Jcpdragonx

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Unsure on starting Ward. Not knocking his ability, but Daicos I'm guessing will get more opportunity in better SC roles down back and through the middle. How much mid time are they giving Ward with Titch, JOM, Wingard, Worpel and then the youngsters - Maginniss, Nash, Newcombe, McDonald.

Not only this, but these draftees have missed a lot of footy over the past two years.

buttox

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unsure on starting Ward. Not knocking his ability, but Daicos I'm guessing will get more opportunity in better SC roles down back and through the middle. How much mid time are they giving Ward with Titch, JOM, Wingard, Worpel and then the youngsters - Maginniss , Nash, Newcombe, McDonald.
Last year we had 2 Victorian rookies make their round 1 teams.
Both had mad tanks.
Ward looks similar to me. I will be watching TOG % during the pre season games for more answers.

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unsure on starting Ward. Not knocking his ability, but Daicos I'm guessing will get more opportunity in better SC roles down back and through the middle. How much mid time are they giving Ward with Titch, JOM, Wingard, Worpel and then the youngsters - Maginniss, Nash, Newcombe, McDonald.

Not only this, but these draftees have missed a lot of footy over the past two years.
Ward likely plays over all of the young mids you named.

Wingard MID-FWD, JOM likely to play a more balanced role (changed his ball drop and worked on his kicking alot pre season). Main 2 mids Titch and Worps atm, JOM, Ward 3rd i suspect with Maginness and one of MacDonald, Nash, Newcombe.

If someone like Shiels plays they probably don't play midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BuckleysBrigade

All Australian
Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood

More developed than Walsh at the same age and more physically/mentally developed than Daicos… them’s some big wraps, Dom!

Seymour Skinner

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
Springfield
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
At 144k if his spot is locked I don’t think I’ll be hesitating in picking him
Warm bodies in the backline is essential under 200k. Butt’s was an inspired starting pick last year. The kemp, Perez, Sinn, chesser and Aleer types may be important if o’driscoll, Gould, skinner, McDonough, dean and de koning don’t get named early. It looks like we’ll get enough though which is good. Last year the back rookies were baron

I'm budgeting for the more expensive defs, have Sinn, Kemp, Chesser & Brown D 4-7 currently.
Just can't see Aleer scoring well at all, Butts was the main KPD for the 2nd bottom team, ball lived near him.

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
More developed than Walsh at the same age and more physically/mentally developed than Daicos… them’s some big wraps, Dom!
It is but well deserved, clearly put in the hard yards. Walsh was an elite runner in his first year still but in terms of inside mid development he'd be ahead.

Daicos should play mid, but apparently he's been doing alot of stuff on wing/half back. Will roll through but still.

ForeverHardcore

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm budgeting for the more expensive defs, have Sinn, Kemp, Chesser & Brown D 4-7 currently.
Just can't see Aleer scoring well at all, Butts was the main KPD for the 2nd bottom team, ball lived near him.
Yeah 100%
Got Sinn kemp and Perez atm with o’driscoll
Think they’re the most likely to play round 1 and score decently
Chesser had a good report in their recent match sim playing in the middle
Might chuck him at m8

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah 100%
Got Sinn kemp and Perez atm with o’driscoll
Think they’re the most likely to play round 1 and score decently
Chesser had a good report in their recent match sim playing in the middle
Might chuck him at m8
What's the PS word on Sonsie ?

Dominic03

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So pretty much the better SuperCoach player out of JHF, Daicos and Ward depends on if you are asking a pies, north or hawks fan 😂
DO NOT START JHF.

End of story. Atm.

He was the no1 pick for a reason but why start someone that expensive (rookie) if he's just gonna play HF.

Seymour Skinner

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
Springfield
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
So pretty much the better SuperCoach player out of JHF, Daicos and Ward depends on if you are asking a pies, north or hawks fan 😂

Yep, check who the poster supports before reading any post, if it's a player from their team, skip it.

Anyways, Sonsie will average 110+ this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad