Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

I hope he has a sister named Tess

Big brother TEST ....:moustache:

You just tell him if Fagan gives him a token dead rubber match at the end of the year to spud it up big time so his price isn't ruined next year then,

Wilmont was a pisser on draft night .
Can't remember what he did .
But I remember having a laugh and hoping he was picked R1.

If I was to take anyone this week it would probably be Cooper Stephens. Danger out until after the bye gives him a couple of games to try and cement his spot. BE -57.

Long term i dont think stephens has great JS as i think they see him as a mid only so unless danger plays fwd when he returns i think cooper will be out then but he will play the next 3-4 weeks and score well.

Wilmont was a pisser on draft night .
Can't remember what he did .
But I remember having a laugh and hoping he was picked R1.

Copped an immediate stacks-on from his mates, then when asked what he'd be doing for the rest fo the night, said "a couple Pepsi Max" while a mate shoved a beer in front of the camera. It was great.

Long term i dont think stephens has great JS as i think they see him as a mid only so unless danger plays fwd when he returns i think cooper will be out then but he will play the next 3-4 weeks and score well.
If he can get to 200k minimum it would be great. Then I can just trade him to a permanent donut to loop later on.

Scott spoke about resting his older players this season as he feels like they ran out of gas last year. Hopefully he can get another 5-7 games throughout the year. I’m optimistic he can get to 240k pretty quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can get to 200k minimum it would be great. Then I can just trade him to a permanent donut to loop later on.

Scott spoke about resting his older players this season as he feels like they ran out of gas last year. Hopefully he can get another 5-7 games throughout the year. I’m optimistic he can get to 240k pretty quickly.
So expect WC levels of availability then.

I can see that logic and 3 or 4 games will get him past that mark and i think he can get that but scott also said we will have lots of injured players back so i would beware on his long term JS.

I'd take Stephens in a heartbeat, over Clearly for sure, but I need to access Hinge's money to upgrade and I got nobody to swing back

I think Cleary will be named, but he could be out next week when we really need him

If Cleary isn't named, back to the drawing board, gotta somehow find a way to get Stephens

I'd take Stephens in a heartbeat, over Clearly for sure, but I need to access Hinge's money to upgrade and I got nobody to swing back

I think Cleary will be named, but he could be out next week when we really need him

If Cleary isn't named, back to the drawing board, gotta somehow find a way to get Stephens
I have the same issue and I think Cleary is a very short-term solution, too, could be gone this week, if Duryea is ready.
Cannot finagle a way to get Stephens, so going to take Wehr as D7. I know he is one game in, but he fair dinkum looked like he had played 50 games already.
The 51 from very limited WC thrusts forward was actually a pretty good pro-rata and I think he can easily score 70+ against competitive teams.
2nd year player, benefit of 2nd pre-season, not huge, but well built and a very sexy left foot. His spot is his to lose, judging by the cavalcade of players who made way for him.

If Cleary not named .
I got to play one of MRJ Rosas or Cutis ....send help.

Cleary a risk .not many inj at the kennel.

Not much else in the cardboard.

I have the same issue and I think Cleary is a very short-term solution, too, could be gone this week, if Duryea is ready.
Cannot finagle a way to get Stephens, so going to take Wehr as D7. I know he is one game in, but he fair dinkum looked like he had played 50 games already.
The 51 from very limited WC thrusts forward was actually a pretty good pro-rata and I think he can easily score 70+ against competitive teams.
2nd year player, benefit of 2nd pre-season, not huge, but well built and a very sexy left foot. His spot is his to lose, judging by the cavalcade of players who made way for him.
My issue with taking Wehr early is who do you downgrade to in round 13? You’ll likely need a downgrade option in round 13.

Wehr's 23 years old, mature ager

but...
I'd put money that Wehr gets dropped this week. Ash and Haynes return to the backline. Whitfield a test, may also be back. Taranto should be back post-bye. I reckon Wehr has worse JS than Cleary.
I know typically team selections mean nothing, but with a new coach, it might. McVeigh named Cogs on-ball, he played on-ball. He named Ash at half back last week. Missed because of illness. So I expect Ash to go back to half back. Looks like McVeigh is simplifying things, so I reckon Whitfield moves to half back as well.

Wehr/Hamilton in play over the byes as Rnd 13 downgrades.
I'm considering leaving Cleary alone due to lousy JS, in favour of Wehr with potentially even worse JS :thumbsu:
In terms of GWS non-tall defenders, this is how I see it

Cumming
Kennedy
Whitfield
Ash
Wehr
Hamilton
Fahey

Obviously Whitfield and Ash are the unknowns, they may not play down back. But after what he did with Cogs, I'm backing a return to "simple", which, educated guess, tells me at least 1 of Ash or Whitfield play in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back