Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1287788
A very early best 22.
This would give us a few rookies.
Perez, JHF and Comben.
Mine would differ slightly. I don't expect Perez to get games straight away considering his injury history, so I went with Young, who has a bit of height to help a shorter backline. Greenwood would probably rotate between half-forward and inside mid. Phillips is still building his tank and Ford offers real forward versatility, speed and marking power. I image if we went with three KPFs that we would rotate one through the bench. The undersized and aged defence is a serious concern still, but at least the draft and McGuiness' growth sport has sorted some of the issues.

B: Turner - McKay - Ziebell
HB: Hall - Corr - Bonar
C: Stevo - TT - L Mac
HF: Greenwood - CCJ - Mahoney
F: Zurhaar - Larkey - Ford
Foll: Goldy - Simpkin - LDU
I/C: Comben - Powell - JHF - Young

Looks like there will be plenty of mid rookies (Daicos, Clark, Hobbs, Ward, Johnson). Some forward (JHF, Hollands, Butler?). Defence might be the concern as usual. I'm expecting to have to start at least 4 premo's in defence again.

Hopefully your boy Darcy gets a gig round 1.

Looks like there will be plenty of mid rookies (Daicos, Clark, Hobbs, Ward, Johnson). Some forward (JHF, Hollands, Butler?). Defence might be the concern as usual. I'm expecting to have to start at least 4 premo's in defence again.

Hopefully your boy Darcy gets a gig round 1.

Apparently Darcy isn't going up to Brisbane until early in the new year so I would cross him off to be a Round 1 starter but could be a downgrade option mid season maybe.

Apparently Darcy isn't going up to Brisbane until early in the new year so I would cross him off to be a Round 1 starter but could be a downgrade option mid season maybe.
I think a lot of interstate draftees do that, spend Christmas at home then move, unlikely they play round 1 but I wouldn't rule him out

I doubt he gets games in season 1 with Answerth Coleman and the starting 4 of Starz Gardiner Andrews and Adams

I doubt he gets games in season 1 with Answerth Coleman and the starting 4 of Starz Gardiner Andrews and Adams

My plans rely heavily on KC continuing to play the lucrative counter-attacking half back role he did in the finals series. No chance of Wilmot getting in the way of that now they've 'found' Kaiden's best position, surely

Wilmot's one to watch for the Lions but I've got my doubts he plays round 1.

Current back 6 of Andrews, Adams, Gardiner, Rich, Starcevich and Coleman is pretty settled.

Starcevich has the possibility to be moved to the midfield this year to give us a bigger body there which would open up a spot but I'm unconvinced this actually happens. If it did, probably Answerth and Madden are the next cabs off the rank. Also have Lester who can fill a variety of roles.

Can't see a reason why we'd move Coleman, gives a real point of difference for us in defence.

Not rookie related but McInerney is the Lion to keep a close eye on over the preseason.

Wilmot's one to watch for the Lions but I've got my doubts he plays round 1.

Current back 6 of Andrews, Adams, Gardiner, Rich, Starcevich and Coleman is pretty settled.

Starcevich has the possibility to be moved to the midfield this year to give us a bigger body there which would open up a spot but I'm unconvinced this actually happens. If it did, probably Answerth and Madden are the next cabs off the rank. Also have Lester who can fill a variety of roles.

Can't see a reason why we'd move Coleman, gives a real point of difference for us in defence.

Not rookie related but McInerney is the Lion to keep a close eye on over the preseason.

McInerney will be my R2 next year

Is the mail really that Nicky D will have forward eligibility?

If so, then there are stupid numbers of value forwards (ND, JHF, TT, KC, PL) and I will seriously consider starting Marshall at R1 so I can fit them all in.

I've had McInerney locked in as R2 since someone drew attention to his average SC score in the 2nd half of the season.

The lad broke out after the bye and is attractively under-priced.

Only issue is who do you forgo to pick him.

Plenty worried about Gawn with Jackson, but he's still a jet and matchwinner.
Grundy had a poor year and still knocked out a 115 ave.
And Darcy showed that he can well and truly mix it with the big 2, just has to stay alive.

Only issue is who do you forgo to pick him.

Plenty worried about Gawn with Jackson, but he's still a jet and matchwinner.
Grundy had a poor year and still knocked out a 115 ave.
And Darcy showed that he can well and truly mix it with the big 2, just has to stay alive.
This is spot on. Even if the big O gets to 105-110 he's still probably averaging less than other three. And you lose one of the better captain option too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is spot on. Even if the big O gets to 105-110 he's still probably averaging less than other three. And you lose one of the better captain option too.
Getting the cheaper ruckman would allow you to make a rookie midfielder into a premium which would help with the captaincy option

Getting the cheaper ruckman would allow you to make a rookie midfielder into a premium which would help with the captaincy option
Not really, Big O will save you $150k over one of the big three. That's not turning a rookie mid into a premo.

It might turn a risky mid pricer into a premo up forward though, so could be worth it.

Not really, Big O will save you $150k over one of the big three. That's not turning a rookie mid into a premo.

It might turn a risky mid pricer into a premo up forward though, so could be worth it.
My point wasn’t specifically about the Big O hopefully someone like Preuss who’s cheaper

My point wasn’t specifically about the Big O hopefully someone like Preuss who’s cheaper
I hate spending trades on rucks.
Gawn, Grundy and Edwards(102kish f/r) for me.
Even if Gawn and Grundy are not top 2 rucks they wont be far off.
I would prefer to take my risks elsewhere.

I hate spending trades on rucks.
Gawn, Grundy and Edwards(102kish f/r) for me.
Even if Gawn and Grundy are not top 2 rucks they wont be far off.
I would prefer to take my risks elsewhere.
Edwards will probably be $123k next year if it matters. I'll probably still pick him if he has DPP as he's a chance of games I assume later in the year.

Edwards will probably be $123k next year if it matters. I'll probably still pick him if he has DPP as he's a chance of games I assume later in the year.
1638242199548.png
Norths 2020/21 draft picks.
Jacob Edwards (back right) Looks like the coach in an under 12s photo.
He is clearly the only tall we have taken.

View attachment 1289865
Norths 2020/21 draft picks.
Jacob Edwards (back right) Looks like the coach in an under 12s photo.
He is clearly the only tall we have taken.
There are baaaaad haircuts in that photo. Some of those kids are going to look back and cringe in a few years.

There are baaaaad haircuts in that photo. Some of those kids are going to look back and cringe in a few years.
Eddie Ford (back left) lost a bet last year at the club. He got to choose between shaving his head and getting a perm.
He got the perm.
18 year olds don't necessarily make all the right decisions.

Eddie Ford (back left) lost a bet last year at the club. He got to choose between shaving his head and getting a perm.
He got the perm.
18 year olds don't necessarily make all the right decisions.
Poor drafting by North there, decision making is a key attribute to look for :moustache:

There will definately be more options next year in the Ruck and will make the teams less vanilla. Gawn,Grundy,Darcy,NicNat and Big O will all be popular but what will be the best combination. Sooner or later Gawn and Grundy will lose the throne just like Cox and Sandilands did. For me I like the guys that pretty much solo ruck with pinch hitters thrown in to take 20% of the load. Big O is a lock for me his numbers were excellent the second half of the year 115 avg and will be priced at 93. I think my R1 will either be NicNat or Darcy with Big O R2.

There will definately be more options next year in the Ruck and will make the teams less vanilla. Gawn,Grundy,Darcy,NicNat and Big O will all be popular but what will be the best combination. Sooner or later Gawn and Grundy will lose the throne just like Cox and Sandilands did. For me I like the guys that pretty much solo ruck with pinch hitters thrown in to take 20% of the load. Big O is a lock for me his numbers were excellent the second half of the year 115 avg and will be priced at 93. I think my R1 will either be NicNat or Darcy with Big O R2.
Darcy averaged 128 second half of the year, and that included 61 in the last round when he was injured. That game was actually encouraging in that he toughed it out and finished the game despite being hurt. Being a soft-utensil seemed to be his biggest issue previously. Hard to ignore his scoring though. He's my R1.

Was a really pisser that he missed round 1 and we all missed his breakout year jumping from 78 to 118!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back