Luke Valente | AFL

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 1287788
A very early best 22.
This would give us a few rookies.
Perez, JHF and Comben.

I know North have plenty of midfield talent now, but rookies over Jed Anderson in best 22? Had an interrupted season injury wise but was very good in 2020 and still in his prime at 27

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know North have plenty of midfield talent now, but rookies over Jed Anderson in best 22? Had an interrupted season injury wise but was very good in 2020 and still in his prime at 27
Yep pretty much.
He plays the position we have the most depth in.
Comben + CCJ + Larkey + Zurhaar is a very tall forward line so you would expect Jed comes in most weeks for one of them. Probably Comben.
Personally I think Jed misses too many games. Crash, Bash, Injured.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Does anyone know how a rookie qualifies to be category B?
Category B rookies[edit]
Each club is permitted to recruit up to three "Category B" rookies. Category B rookies are recruited directly rather than drafted, and represent players from non-traditional recruiting backgrounds. Players who may be recruited as Category B rookies include:[1]

• International players, who are neither Australian citizens nor residents
  • Players from the New South Wales scholarship program
  • Players from the International scholarship program
  • Zone selections by Sydney and Greater Western Sydney from New South Wales or the ACT
  • Zone selections by Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast from Queensland
  • Players from other sports, who have not been registered with an Australian rules football club for three years
  • Indigenous and multicultural players through their Next Generation Academy zones
In the specific case of Irish international rookies, a club may have no more than one Irish Category B rookie at a time; but, the club is permitted to recruit other Irish players as Category A rookies, and may still recruit them directly without putting them up for draft.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Category B rookies[edit]
Each club is permitted to recruit up to three "Category B" rookies. Category B rookies are recruited directly rather than drafted, and represent players from non-traditional recruiting backgrounds. Players who may be recruited as Category B rookies include:[1]

• International players, who are neither Australian citizens nor residents
  • Players from the New South Wales scholarship program
  • Players from the International scholarship program
  • Zone selections by Sydney and Greater Western Sydney from New South Wales or the ACT
  • Zone selections by Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast from Queensland
  • Players from other sports, who have not been registered with an Australian rules football club for three years
  • Indigenous and multicultural players through their Next Generation Academy zones
In the specific case of Irish international rookies, a club may have no more than one Irish Category B rookie at a time; but, the club is permitted to recruit other Irish players as Category A rookies, and may still recruit them directly without putting them up for draft.
Thanks mate.

Only like 11 actual rookies picked up in the rookie draft, lol. What a farce.
Won't be many 102kers unless there's a few more signed before the season/mid season.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair chance Charlie Dean will be my D8. 102k and it wouldn't surprise if he got a go fairly early. He's probably already in front of Keane and Madgen, it would only take an injury to Roughead or an interrupted return from Moore
Kreuger any chance early?

Last edited:

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Krueger any chance early?

Definitely, but hopefully there will be better forward rookie options.

He's probably going to put up 40s and 50s and with two games last year he'll be 180k or so.

But yes I expect him to be in the Round 1 22

It changes a bit with Cunnington seemingly out indefinitely.

Anderson has the flexibility to play as a defensive forward, but lacks the footskills needed for the modern game. I don't have him in my best 22 and I would play Powell and even JHF ahead of him, but he's in the next group vying for a spot.

I don't have Phillips in my best 22 either. It is going to take a while to build that tank of his and I don't expect regular AFL-level games until the second half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back