Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously top 4 teams dont play a lot of kids so we wont have heaps of SC relevant players.

De koning is probably the obvious one with hendo retired and kreuger gone he is very likely to get a back half spot. Wont score that well but should have reasonable JS

Stengle is worth a look if CD price him under 200k because i think he will play a lot of games and hes a goalkicker with good scoring potential.

The club really rates cooper stephens so he might get a good run of games and he will be bargain basement price wise (123k i assume).

Of the premos stewart is obviously value with a likely injury price discount..ditto dangerfield if fit...and same with duncan..they will probably be the 3 i take. Menegola guthrie and blicavs (def) are also reasonable options particularly as they rack up tackles and are durable but i probably wont take them. Cameron i will probably take if he doesnt get injured in pre season as i think he could score well above his price. I think henry and holmes will have super years but i dont think they are SC relevant scoring wise

Obviously top 4 teams dont play a lot of kids so we wont have heaps of SC relevant players.

De koning is probably the obvious one with hendo retired and kreuger gone he is very likely to get a back half spot. Wont score that well but should have reasonable JS

Stengle is worth a look if CD price him under 200k because i think he will play a lot of games and hes a goalkicker with good scoring potential.

The club really rates cooper stephens so he might get a good run of games and he will be bargain basement price wise (123k i assume).

Of the premos stewart is obviously value with a likely injury price discount..ditto dangerfield if fit...and same with duncan..they will probably be the 3 i take. Menegola guthrie and blicavs (def) are also reasonable options particularly as they rack up tackles and are durable but i probably wont take them. Cameron i will probably take if he doesnt get injured in pre season as i think he could score well above his price. I think henry and holmes will have super years but i dont think they are SC relevant scoring wise
Sexy Tom Stewart played 20 games so won't get any discount, should be around $560k. Don't players with Liz Frank injuries struggle long term/never quite the same again? Reckon he's a huge pass next year.

Surely Stephens gets a go and Geelong play a couple of rookies? Like the Stengle pick if the right price.

Kai Lohmann's price would have to be wrong there, surely.

I reckon they've gotten carried away subtracting 4.5k from the last bloke's price.

From Lohmann down they'll all be 123,900, won't they?

Nah.
Draftees from the second round onwards are 117,300.
Then rookies are 102,400.

After one year in the system without a debut they all change to 123,900.

Sexy Tom Stewart played 20 games so won't get any discount, should be around $560k. Don't players with Liz Frank injuries struggle long term/never quite the same again? Reckon he's a huge pass next year.

Surely Stephens gets a go and Geelong play a couple of rookies? Like the Stengle pick if the right price.
Check Mark GIFs | Tenor

Everyone should ask for references, a full suite of blood tests, and a minimum of 4-6 weeks observation before going anywhere near Liz Frank.
Not saying he's now the town bike, its just that its a big town full of sexy....and Liz has a bit of a reputation.

Navicular injuries more than lisfranc are typically the long term problematic ones. Stewart was back day 1 of pre season so looking good. He is basically our quarterback so if our new defence coach brings in a faster ball movement from the back then i expect a 10-20ppg increase from him so i think hes a lock for my back 6.

Stephens will need a few vfl games given he had none last year but watch for him in the afl side around round 6 or so..like holmes did i think he will break in quickly and be given a long run of games..we tend to back in the kids we rate.

Stengle definitely will get a go as we have a few defensive small fwds but none that are reliable goalkickers and based on sanfl last year he was. Its all about where CD price him if they give him a good discount jump on if they price him at 300k thanks to sanfl form then probs not.

Navicular injuries more than lisfranc are typically the long term problematic ones. Stewart was back day 1 of pre season so looking good. He is basically our quarterback so if our new defence coach brings in a faster ball movement from the back then i expect a 10-20ppg increase from him so i think hes a lock for my back 6.

Stephens will need a few vfl games given he had none last year but watch for him in the afl side around round 6 or so..like holmes did i think he will break in quickly and be given a long run of games..we tend to back in the kids we rate.

Stengle definitely will get a go as we have a few defensive small fwds but none that are reliable goalkickers and based on sanfl last year he was. Its all about where CD price him if they give him a good discount jump on if they price him at 300k thanks to sanfl form then probs not.

Stengle has a career average under 60 not sure why you would want to start a small forward anyway unless it's a Rookie on the bench.

Stengle has a career average under 60 not sure why you would want to start a small forward anyway unless it's a Rookie on the bench.

Bench rookie is what i was thinking esp if the forward rookie options are thin like they were last year. I agree hes a gamble as he might low average but i think in a team where the fwd line gets very good supply and with two of the best key forwards to bring the ball to ground for him i think the potential to increase his average is definitely there. I will be putting some mids in my fwd line as always though depending on what DPPs CD give us.

Bench rookie is what i was thinking esp if the forward rookie options are thin like they were last year. I agree hes a gamble as he might low average but i think in a team where the fwd line gets very good supply and with two of the best key forwards to bring the ball to ground for him i think the potential to increase his average is definitely there. I will be putting some mids in my fwd line as always though depending on what DPPs CD give us.

He was $305k this year and didn't play any games but shouldn't get any discount because he wasn't injured so I doubt his price will drop much next year.

You think Stewart is capable of a 117 to 127ppg average?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was $305k this year and didn't play any games but shouldn't get any discount because he wasn't injured so I doubt his price will drop much next year.

True..i suppose CD might well do that unless they decide to treat his absence like an injury and discount him.

You think Stewart is capable of a 117 to 127ppg average?

I certainly do if we play a more offensive gameplan. If we do as hes our most effective ball user in the back half more play will run through him and i expect him to increase his scoring around that mark.

Might get a few games next year

From dogs watch on Parker. He's 24 and has been so far impressive at early pre-season training. He also has attributes that dogs lack on the wing being tall and long kicker with good pace. Right now wings are Bailey & Roarke Smith, Treloar, Hunter, Hannan, and Scott.

1639114016120.png

Port Adelaide football manager Chris Davies has hinted first-round selection Josh Sinn could be on the road to a debut early in the season.

The 18-year-old defender faces a challenge to break into one of the competition’s most cohesive backlines, but hasn’t missed a beat since he pulled on the teal, black and white.

The Sandringham Dragons product has already endeared himself to the Port faithful, having last month told SEN SA he was “pretty fixated on heading over to the ‘Pear.’”

“Josh is a young lad who is really smart and articulate,” Davies told SEN SA Breakfast on Friday.

“He probably knew that we had a level of interest, so on that basis, he decided to make sure he was really up with the history of the club… he did that off of his own bat.”

Port Adelaide have been careful not to run their recruits ragged, Davies cautioned, but Sinn has made a smooth transition into life at Alberton.

Here's the lesson for the day .....always read past the headlines on Rookies :$

Sinn will compete with young defenders Miles Bergman, Lachie Jones and Riley Bonner for minutes, while experienced heads Sam Mayes and Trent McKenzie stand in his way too.

He was one of four to join the Power through the national draft; Davies says all are “fitting in really well,” but it will be a longer wait for local midfielder Hugh Jackson, struck down by a hip injury.

“We knew when we drafted him that he was probably going to be a little longer-term, he’s got quite a light frame as well,” Davies explained.

“We thought we could either push him through the year and he might battle a little bit, or we can try and get him ready and effectively take a longer term approach.

“He had that hip surgery a couple of days ago, it went fine and I’m sure he’ll be back in training in probably February or March with the opportunity to play a decent part of next year’s season.”

Here's the lesson for the day .....always read past the headlines on Rookies :$

Sinn will compete with young defenders Miles Bergman, Lachie Jones and Riley Bonner for minutes, while experienced heads Sam Mayes and Trent McKenzie stand in his way too.

He was one of four to join the Power through the national draft; Davies says all are “fitting in really well,” but it will be a longer wait for local midfielder Hugh Jackson, struck down by a hip injury.

“We knew when we drafted him that he was probably going to be a little longer-term, he’s got quite a light frame as well,” Davies explained.

“We thought we could either push him through the year and he might battle a little bit, or we can try and get him ready and effectively take a longer term approach.

“He had that hip surgery a couple of days ago, it went fine and I’m sure he’ll be back in training in probably February or March with the opportunity to play a decent part of next year’s season.”

Also topped the second day of time trials, with all three runs sub 3 minutes. Format was 3 x 1k time trials with the next trial starting 4 minutes after the leading runner had finished. Bit tough on DGB and Reeves but they were beating targets set for them. Neat disposal in drills too. Not sure if he will debut round one but happy to start him on the bench in my early teams.

Also topped the second day of time trials, with all three runs sub 3 minutes. Format was 3 x 1k time trials with the next trial starting 4 minutes after the leading runner had finished. Bit tough on DGB and Reeves but they were beating targets set for them. Neat disposal in drills too. Not sure if he will debut round one but happy to start him on the bench in my early teams.

Any news on Ward do you think he plays early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back