AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WaynesWorld19

Jackson Hately, how's he going?

Will he play mid?

Only 188k and people were picking him at over 300k last year
The "Invisible Man" .....neither the Club or the ADEL Board has mentioned him .....most can't envisage a scenario where he makes our best 22

The "Invisible Man" .....neither the Club or the ADEL Board has mentioned him .....most can't envisage a scenario where he makes our best 22
damn, he was supposed to be a key part of the crows rebuild. hopefully we hear more because he's cheap as

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
AFL news 2021: New Crows fitness boss Darren Burgess reveals his thoughts on a number of the Adelaide players in his first pre-season at West Lakes

Josh Rachele: “He looks like a real natural talent. For me, that’s an exciting person to get to work with. I’m sure he’s got heaps to learn in terms of the intensity and running power you need to play AFL, but certainly from a talent point of view, in days like this and the handball games, he looks outstanding”.

Steve Buscemi cross off.gif

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
With his 5th DEF selection of the 2022 SC season..WW19 selects Josh Gibcus for D5 ......change my mind

aka Ridley Mk2

He may very well be...in time.

Grimes, Tarrant, Balta, Broad would all be ahead of him right now as as far as KP Def roles go.

He could always play forward suppose, but I wouldn't expect a 196cm 18 year old to score well enough in a forward role to justify his 171k starting price.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Grimes, Tarrant, Balta, Broad would all be ahead of him right now as as far as KP Def roles go.

He could always play forward suppose, but I wouldn't expect a 196cm 18 year old to score well enough in a forward role to justify his 171k starting price.
Gibcus is not a fwd ....has been tried in juniors with ave results

Tigers need to regenerate quickly & Gibcus is ready to play .....Balta maybe moved upfield, but agree Grimes maybe the impediment, forgot about him

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC

Correct. Its close to the oldest adage/golden rule in SC...never buy young KPF's.
Young Rucks and KPD's are bad enough, but a young tall fwd is as close to an instant zombie rook as it gets. Its a rare exception.
Just last year, i would have thought Logan McD was as close to AFL ready as an actual 18yo 195+cm $sub 200K true KPF could be...played seniors WAFL, and even got a first date in Rnd 1 plus a few more before injured. Impressed. But not even within a bulls roar of proving to be SC worthy/value.

No Gibcus for me. Back or Fwd.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Daicos, Ward were locks in my midfield as rookies.

Erasmus was my next option but it could change, Maginness still rookie i'd suspect so i'll talk about him here, being only 143.7k having DPP MID-FWD and putting in the hard yards this off season improving his explosive nature and speed. His top speed improved from about 32km/hr to 39.5km/hr.

And i think he's the one to take the next big step for us, maybe slightly biased?

Johnson and Goater were my other mid rookies.

A bunch of place holders but, Elijah Hollands 123k, Butler 117k, Juddy Clarke 117k and Motlop/Williams 117k.

Down back it was
Kemp 156k, Chesser 148k and Perez 147k, Wilmot 139k and Gould 123k.

Essendon watchers what are your thoughts on Garret McDonagh? Mature ager with a very tidy kick and a turn of pace. Is there space for him down back?

Knightmare thinks he might be taking the kickouts for the Bombers as early as Rd1 :think:

I can't see it myself McDonagh emailed all the clubs in desperation to get picked up after 8 years. Looking on the Essendon Board no one has him in the starting 22 let alone being the designated kicker from full back.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Daicos, Ward were locks in my midfield as rookies.

Erasmus was my next option but it could change, Maginness still rookie i'd suspect so i'll talk about him here, being only 143.7k having DPP MID-FWD and putting in the hard yards this off season improving his explosive nature and speed. His top speed improved from about 32km/hr to 39.5km/hr.

And i think he's the one to take the next big step for us, maybe slightly biased?

Johnson and Goater were my other mid rookies.

A bunch of place holders but, Elijah Hollands 123k, Butler 117k, Juddy Clarke 117k and Motlop/Williams 117k.

Down back it was
Kemp 156k, Chesser 148k and Perez 147k, Wilmot 139k and Gould 123k.

Where did these stats come from? No adult professional sportsman is improving their top end speed by 25% in one year unless he was coming off serious injury. The only adult humans that could do that would be obese people losing 20-30% of their bodyweight.

Would be the equivalent of a basketball player struggling to touch the rim one year to dunking like prime Michael Jordan the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back