Position 2022 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nick Daicos has/has had the Rona.

Apparently it's going through the Collingwood squad at the moment - 16 cases is the rumour.

So they'll all be immune for the season.

Nicky D even MORE of a lockety-lock

Natural immunity FTW. Clubs are going to keep that info on the down low, but it would be handy to have a list of which players have already had the Rona prior to Rd1.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Natural immunity FTW. Clubs are going to keep that info on the down low, but it would be handy to have a list of which players have already had the Rona prior to Rd1.
Apparently 50+ players was reported the other day .....ESS & SYD hardest hit

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1641784840177.png
Happy Ryan Reynolds1.gif

Looking at a few teams boards

Brodie Kemp & Finn McGuiness seem to be named a lot in teams best 22 :thumbsu:

Huge watch on the 2x 102k rookies from the dogs in Parker & McComb - look at McNeil etc last year

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking at a few teams boards

Brodie Kemp & Finn McGuiness seem to be named a lot in teams best 22 :thumbsu:

Huge watch on the 2x 102k rookies from the dogs in Parker & McComb - look at McNeil etc last year

I see Kemp as a bit of a lock at D6 - high draft pick, couple of years in the system, a successful debut last year, Blues fans seem to think he's best 22 and some even think he's a chance to get the available spot on the wing, if not a lockdown back pocket role. Pretty good value at 150k really.

Parker only played 9 SANFL games this year, after being elevated from amateur level so he's green as. On the other hand, he is a massive long kick and in a similar way to McDonagh I think he might have been picked up to exploit the stand rule. So he might get a game early. At his price, with the DPP, there's a case to be made for putting him at M11 even if he isn't selected for Round 1 IMO

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I see Kemp as a bit of a lock at D6 - high draft pick, couple of years in the system, a successful debut last year, Blues fans seem to think he's best 22 and some even think he's a chance to get the available spot on the wing, if not a lockdown back pocket role. Pretty good value at 150k really.

Parker only played 9 SANFL games this year, after being elevated from amateur level so he's green as. On the other hand, he is a massive long kick and in a similar way to McDonagh I think he might have been picked up to exploit the stand rule. So he might get a game early. At his price, with the DPP, there's a case to be made for putting him at M11 even if he isn't selected for Round 1 IMO
Stocker done his ankle too late December out for few months.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Parker is impressing at the Dogs.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
NOTE ....when outside AFL players are described in Wikipedia ....this guy is the textbook example used
$123K which is surprising, expected $117K .....don't start with him though :eyes:

Doedee describes young Crow as “lightning” after strong pre-season form​

“They’re (McHenry and Newchurch) two of the standouts.

Like every year, several players have grabbed the attention of coaches and players - including Newchurch.

“Tariek had a bit of an interrupted break but when he’s on, he’s lightning out there,” Doedee said.

“He could add another element to our forward line certainly.

“Tariek has taken a huge step.”

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Alistair Lord $117k defender. Have read/heard comments from a couple of Bombers players that rate him highly for a kid. Might struggle to get a spot but could be worth a watch if opportunities come up though injuries or covid.

Observation from @ScooterMcNeice watching Jan 17th training:

1642492480144.png

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Alistair Lord $117k defender. Have read/heard comments from a couple of Bombers players that rate him highly for a kid. Might struggle to get a spot but could be worth a watch if opportunities come up though injuries or covid.

Observation from @ScooterMcNeice watching Jan 17th training:

View attachment 1312886
The bloke set to have a BIG year, is Sam Durham ..... showed enough to suggest a real player, plus I'm lead to believe is bigger & fitter again .....Wing role, $298K

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
The bloke set to have a BIG year, is Sam Durham ..... showed enough to suggest a real player, plus I'm lead to believe is bigger & fitter again .....Wing role, $298K
$298k is too much for a wookie. There's a mid pricer thread around here somewhere :p

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
$298 is too much for a wookie. There's a mid pricer thread around here somewhere :p
Yes my bad .....but I've been dying to post that statement .....my excitement overcame sensibility ;)

Imagine letting Matty Roberts slide to us at pick 34 :p
View attachment 1313921
Instant SC Machine with no silly inflated primadonna pricetag.
Avoid the rush so you dont look like a bandwagonner.
The queue begins here.

I'd be more excited about Thicc Angus Beef.

Only player i had a crush on this draft. Hope your dickhead coach doesn't waste him in the forward line.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
I'd be more excited about Thicc Angus Beef.

Only player i had a crush on this draft. Hope your dickhead coach doesn't waste him in the forward line.
Its just so damn exciting, isn't it :p
Squeezing in the Beefy Nugget and Roberts cant be easy...but its easiest at the start of the season.
Yepp, we'll play Angus forward to start if he gets a gig. Thats why i'm leaning to Roberts who i have a sneaking suspicion will get a very early run. It doesnt matter where we play him..he'll find plenty of it.

You’re not wrong, he’s had massive wraps on his preseason. Sounds like he’s just about a best 22 lock. Won’t be taking him in SuperCoach though, awkward price.

North had a bit of match sim and full ground drills today, so I thought I’ll pass along the thoughts from one of our regular track watchers for those interested in our younger players. Curtis, Spicer, Comben, Bergman and Goater have featured quite prominently in previous track reports. Bergman is going to be too skinny to play afl level this year, but definitely one for 2023 onwards. Perez is one that has really stood out to all track watchers and is regarded as one of the best kicks at the club off hb.

Report:
All the new draftee's are fairly impressive, even Archer who has a bit about him. He's probably the most limited athletically on the entire list, but he has some decent footy IQ and intercepted the ball more than a couple of times throughout the day. Bergman showed quite a bit more in the contested stuff than I thought he would, he's going to go well in the VFL imo.

Paul Curtis will 100% play AFL football this year.

Rehab group for the start consisted of Hayden, JHF, Ziebell, Bonar, WiPhi, Corr, Spicer at stages, pretty much all these guys ended up playing in the full ground drill apart from Bonar and Spicer.

JHF - Ran laps and did rehab and entered the fray in the second scratchie. It's my 5th time viewing him and he's very quiet in training, but steps it up in the game situations. He seems to be very much in the Cunnington-style of trainer, in that he does what he needs do, goes at half rat power for most of the ball work etc, to the point I was questioning whether he was "that quick" or "that powerful" at stages during these sessions. As soon as the ball is thrown in the middle for match sim though, he turned into a different animal. He is absolutely rapid when he needs to be and just like the videos with the blonde hair going everywhere, he looks like a bit of a maniac at full tilt going for a contested ball. As I said, he read a handball receive very early off Paul Curtis at half forward and turned right through the gears, left the entire ground standing still and drilled Larkey on a lead. His skills were excellent in every contested situation and showed a lot of poise. I think people still need to temper their expectations a little bit, he's in no way an endurance animal yet, but his burst impact is going to be incredible on some games this year imo.

Goater - Played the seagul role across half back and slotted straight into it. Knew when to peel off at the right time to get the cheap possessions and flew for an intercept at one stage that got chopped off by Greenwood coming back with the flight. I think he's going to be a lot closer than people think to a Rnd 1 position. He looks a better player than LMAC at the same age IMO and he placed in the RS in the same role. I think if you are being honest, he's every bit as good as someone like Perez also. If he plays this year, I see him easily replicating the Lmac/Rivers/Witherden style HBF this year of 17+ disposals a game in that role. He used his pace and agility to get separation on the wing at one point, he just puts meters on a tackling with absolute ease in these situations. For every possession he had, he went at 100% DE also.

Powell/Phillips - Just going about their business quietly this pre-season. They are definitely going to get that 10-15% improvement this year, looking forward to seeing them in legit game situations in the pre-season games. Both are just really solid players already. Both ahead of LDU and Simpkin at the same stages of their careers imo.

Comben - He's such a competitive animal and hates getting spoiled or tackled even in match sim. He's flying, looks super fit and I expect him to be right in the mix for Rnd 1. He was cooked by the second match sim but had put in a lot of effort in the 2hrs prior.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North had a bit of match sim and full ground drills today, so I thought I’ll pass along the thoughts from one of our regular track watchers for those interested in our younger players. Curtis, Spicer, Comben, Bergman and Goater have featured quite prominently in previous track reports. Bergman is going to be too skinny to play afl level this year, but definitely one for 2023 onwards. Perez is one that has really stood out to all track watchers and is regarded as one of the best kicks at the club off hb.

Report:
All the new draftee's are fairly impressive, even Archer who has a bit about him. He's probably the most limited athletically on the entire list, but he has some decent footy IQ and intercepted the ball more than a couple of times throughout the day. Bergman showed quite a bit more in the contested stuff than I thought he would, he's going to go well in the VFL imo.

Paul Curtis will 100% play AFL football this year.

Rehab group for the start consisted of Hayden, JHF, Ziebell, Bonar, WiPhi, Corr, Spicer at stages, pretty much all these guys ended up playing in the full ground drill apart from Bonar and Spicer.

JHF - Ran laps and did rehab and entered the fray in the second scratchie. It's my 5th time viewing him and he's very quiet in training, but steps it up in the game situations. He seems to be very much in the Cunnington-style of trainer, in that he does what he needs do, goes at half rat power for most of the ball work etc, to the point I was questioning whether he was "that quick" or "that powerful" at stages during these sessions. As soon as the ball is thrown in the middle for match sim though, he turned into a different animal. He is absolutely rapid when he needs to be and just like the videos with the blonde hair going everywhere, he looks like a bit of a maniac at full tilt going for a contested ball. As I said, he read a handball receive very early off Paul Curtis at half forward and turned right through the gears, left the entire ground standing still and drilled Larkey on a lead. His skills were excellent in every contested situation and showed a lot of poise. I think people still need to temper their expectations a little bit, he's in no way an endurance animal yet, but his burst impact is going to be incredible on some games this year imo.

Goater - Played the seagul role across half back and slotted straight into it. Knew when to peel off at the right time to get the cheap possessions and flew for an intercept at one stage that got chopped off by Greenwood coming back with the flight. I think he's going to be a lot closer than people think to a Rnd 1 position. He looks a better player than LMAC at the same age IMO and he placed in the RS in the same role. I think if you are being honest, he's every bit as good as someone like Perez also. If he plays this year, I see him easily replicating the Lmac/Rivers/Witherden style HBF this year of 17+ disposals a game in that role. He used his pace and agility to get separation on the wing at one point, he just puts meters on a tackling with absolute ease in these situations. For every possession he had, he went at 100% DE also.

Powell/Phillips - Just going about their business quietly this pre-season. They are definitely going to get that 10-15% improvement this year, looking forward to seeing them in legit game situations in the pre-season games. Both are just really solid players already. Both ahead of LDU and Simpkin at the same stages of their careers imo.

Comben - He's such a competitive animal and hates getting spoiled or tackled even in match sim. He's flying, looks super fit and I expect him to be right in the mix for Rnd 1. He was cooked by the second match sim but had put in a lot of effort in the 2hrs prior.
We will get Goater or Perez round 1 IMO.
Horne for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back