Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really want to like Harry but a 3rd (really second playing) year key forward is probably going to struggle to make serious inroads into being a viable SC rookie, even at his price, you would think there are other more attractive options.
You said Wright was your only real main key forward, i said Jones as he is that CHF.

Not talking about him for SC.

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
No was saying because he Wright was the only Key Forward.
Key forwards are generally a big pass in SC. I have a feeling Jones will be a star in coming years but that might not equate to SC points and I definitely wouldn't be expecting quality SC points this year. Would love to be wrong though

edit. ok, seeing the above post I get what you mean. Ignore the comments above

Last edited:

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
sounds like you are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing
what? i'm just picking up on what you said.

Jones is a KPF, i would've thought that you'd include him with Wright as the 2 main targets.

I'm not disagreeing? I'm just questioning what you meant..

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

Jones is a KPF, i would've thought that you'd include him with Wright as the 2 main targets.

Lets agree to disagree. Jones will be a pseudo key forward. Much like Jack Gunston. Yes, Harry could play as a key forward but much better suited to playing a roaming role.

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Lets agree to disagree. Jones will be a pseudo key forward. Much like Jack Gunston. Yes, Harry could play as a key forward but much better suited to playing a roaming role.
Dominic03 I'd have to agree with Yoda_
I thought you were talking SC points, but in pure KPF speak Jones will probably play more like Yoda says

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
That’s my thinking too but I honestly also think Collingwood are preparing for life without him. After this year he’s gone imo
I thought I read from your boards training reports ....Degoey / Lipinski rotating FWD / MID .....and Crisp spending a lot of time on ball

Agree with Ingy .....clubs just easing Degoey back into training ....it'll take a couple of weeks to get back into the groove for him

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Gotta add Kain Baldwin .....guy was going top 10 in his Draft Year B4 doing a knee ....a KPF rated top 10 means he's highly talented ......big contested mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi

Still not SC relevant, but....

1643109019337.png

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dominic03 I'd have to agree with Yoda_
I thought you were talking SC points, but in pure KPF speak Jones will probably play more like Yoda says
Maybe, he seems more a CHF purely out of his ability to lead, his kicking seems pretty good and his hands are elite.

But nonetheless, third, CHF or FF. they are still key forwards and that was my point. He's not so much like Gunston because Gunston plays smaller while Harry is a big marking player, Gunston also plays wing and half back.

Sorry for confusion.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gotta add Kain Baldwin .....guy was going top 10 in his Draft Year B4 doing a knee ....a KPF rated top 10 means he's highly talented ......big contested mark
If Essendon get Baldwin, Jones and Wright? as the pillars they're in a good spot, ? on Wright purely because of his age he should be better than he has been productivity wise.

F**king Majak ruck/def at 176k keeps STARING at me. Would probably need May and Lever to get hurt to get a game, yeah?
nope, you'd need Gawn or Jackson to get injured. He's a full blown ruckman for us now and an insurance tall

Will be a gun. SC maybe not for few seasons
Was super-impressive last year.
Great in the air, clean hands and covers a heap of territory.
Was a revelation 👍

Some excellent information in this thread, really handy.
Understand the Macrae buzz, but tricky at that starting price unless he really pushes 80 from early on in the right role.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Some excellent information in this thread, really handy.
Understand the Macrae buzz, but tricky at that starting price unless he really pushes 80 from early on in the right role.

Why would he need to push 80?
When have you ever started a high priced rookie with the hope they need to average 80? All you need is a 100 mixed in there after some lower or average scores to kick start the cash making process. Best way to get a score like that is playing on ball for a team that’s gonna give you every opportunity. Majority of the time the cash will come from the higher priced guys, you basically are paying for JS - why Daicos and JFH are also locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back