Position 2022 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRJ has the best JS and role!

Yeah ******* thanks campaigners, at least now I hopefully have a loophole.
D0D089CA-66F5-49A8-A410-52D366502C25.gif

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rory Thompson surely

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
MRJ has the best JS and role!

Yeah ******* thanks campaigners, at least now I hopefully have a loophole.

There was advice to the contrary. ;)

Is Rioli getting dropped? Anybody banging down the door in the VFL?

VFL got flogged 2nd half, Dow had 11 clearances and played well, Ralphsmith pretty good. No rookie's yet to debut really put their hands up.

Very much doubt we'd drop MRJ for Dreamtime, after that will be dependent on form, there's a real cluster of youngsters we'd probably like to get a senior game or three into, but none are really screaming for a game at this point.

Suspect we wouldn't have been unhappy with his game yesterday, his ball handling was very ordinary, but his pressure and 1%ers (knock-ons and especially tackles which didn't get a stat) would have pleased Dimma, was the kind of team first effort he loves.

Feb 29, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There was advice to the contrary. ;)

VFL got flogged 2nd half, Dow had 11 clearances and played well, Ralphsmith pretty good. No rookie's yet to debut really put their hands up.

Very much doubt we'd drop MRJ for Dreamtime, after that will be dependent on form, there's a real cluster of youngsters we'd probably like to get a senior game or three into, but none are really screaming for a game at this point.

Suspect we wouldn't have been unhappy with his game yesterday, his ball handling was very ordinary, but his pressure and 1%ers (knock-ons and especially tackles which didn't get a stat) would have pleased Dimma, was the kind of team first effort he loves.
You should be an assistant coach at the tiges, agree with everything you say, especially as I have MRJ too.

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
You should be an assistant coach at the tiges, agree with everything you say, especially as I have MRJ too.

One of those times when the SC score is awful, but the rookie had more influence than the score reflects.

Stack, Ralphsmith and Sonsie are the most likely to press for his spot over the rest of the season and Edwards won't always be the sub so he has to be fitted in somewhere. Playing Lynch, Riewoldt, Lambert and Martin forward with Soldo resting there, we really do need some genuine pace and pressure from the remaining smalls. Between Castagna and MRJ with Bolton resting forward, we have that covered pretty well, so as long as he brings those attributes he's a decent chance to keep getting games.

Just likely to drop some low scores like yesterday, he played twice last year and was still rookie price this year for a reason, some days he's barely going to get a touch unless our forward line is dominant. More a M10/F8 than someone you can rely on for a solid emergency score or - heaven forbid - an on-field option. ;)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At the moment I‘m in a position to only field one rookie (besides Nic Martin but I’m not sure he counts any more). I have quite a few but none of them are especially inspiring - MacDonald, Hamilton, Rioli, McComb, Clark. Plus Hollands has been my floating loop. Hope he gets a run soon.

Last edited:
I brought in Kemp this week.

With Zilliams going down he might just have some job security now.
Young will come straight back in (spicy cough permitting) and I don't think Williams' injury is particularly relevant for Kemp - Boyd is a chance to take that spot.

Would not be surprised if Kemp went back out this week. Huge risk going on him blind IMO, JS still shaky

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Yep, Thompson is crucial to the suns set up. They'll both average within 5-10 points of each other. Injury concern for Thompson is the main worry. 🤔
Thompson makes a huge difference to the Suns, been crying out for another good KPD to free up Collins a bit.

Having said that he's likely to get rested at some stage imo. Can't see him being a good scorer either.

I'll be going for Khamis, who at least can have a big score with a few goals

Thompson (better JS, worse scoring potential) vs Khamis (worse JS, better scoring) this week.

Cleary vs Kemp next week
I think Khamis' JS is solid

He's gone past of JUH and Schache
Cordy is also playing in the forward line, and I reckon Khamis has gone past him as well

He can also play in defence and they don't exactly have a heap of backline tall options

Bruce won't be back until after the byes

Cordy is also playing in the forward line, and I reckon Khamis has gone past him as well

not really - Naughty, Cordy, Khamis are all playing different roles - last year it was Naughty, Bruce & English
while Bruce is out Cordy is being played there as he has some ticker, unlike Schache.

JUH fits the mould to play the role Khamis is playing but is just not quite up to the level yet.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
Byes aren't too far away though. Thompson should play out the rest of the year for GC (barring injury) so I still see it as much better JS. Could be important in the back end of the year to have some bench cover
I have decided that McCartin/SDK are keepers, for that very reason. One of Clark/Hobbs for M9, will cash trawl the rest to achieve max premo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back