Position 2022 Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Went early on Buku last week and need to take one of Rory Thompson or Luke Cleary this week to free up cash. None of the three players mentioned will be on field (D7, D8).

Weighing up apparent job security (Thompson) vs scoring potential (Cleary), etc. Obviously Thompson is on the bubble and Cleary is not.
Thompson. Going early on Buku was a risk, doing it again with Cleary would be silly.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Went early on Buku last week and need to take one of Rory Thompson or Luke Cleary this week to free up cash. None of the three players mentioned will be on field (D7, D8).

Weighing up apparent job security (Thompson) vs scoring potential (Cleary), etc. Obviously Thompson is on the bubble and Cleary is not.
If in doubt take the bubble boy.

Off topic - your avatar is my favourite cricket pic of all time.

We need r12 rookies to debut this week if we want them on the bubble r13 after their bye.
1 would be amazing.
I want a rd13 or 14 bye forward rookie to debut this week
On the bubble in rd12
Durdin to this rookie, cash in, every score in rd12

A r13 bye ruck rookie to cash in Hayes too would be the best I reckon.
If we don't get Comben, I reckon we're done for rucks this year

Looks like his knee is screwed but, so doubt we'll see him any time soon

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we don't get Comben, I reckon we're done for rucks this year

Looks like his knee is screwed but, so doubt we'll see him any time soon

Charlie Comben missed the clash with Casey due to a persisting knee issue but continues to train. His strong bank of performances at reserve level could see him come in and provide another strong marking target alongside Nick Larkey

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cleary just needs to show enough and he'll hold his spot, you really need to be awful to be dropped by Bevo as a rookie. Ed Richards playing the Duryea role beautifully this year.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Cleary just needs to show enough and he'll hold his spot, you really need to be awful to be dropped by Bevo as a rookie. Ed Richards playing the Duryea role beautifully this year.
FWIW the channel 7 commentators were impressed with him last week.

T4P

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Regret trading out richards after the first month, but he just looked supremely average when i watched him. Kudos to those who held.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Regret trading out richards after the first month, but he just looked supremely average when i watched him. Kudos to those who held.
Same, I moved him on for Bowey who became Zorko last week so not a big loss but would have been good to back myself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back