Position 2022 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wehr's 23 years old, mature ager

but...
I'd put money that Wehr gets dropped this week. Ash and Haynes return to the backline. Whitfield a test, may also be back. Taranto should be back post-bye. I reckon Wehr has worse JS than Cleary.
I know typically team selections mean nothing, but with a new coach, it might. McVeigh named Cogs on-ball, he played on-ball. He named Ash at half back last week. Missed because of illness. So I expect Ash to go back to half back. Looks like McVeigh is simplifying things, so I reckon Whitfield moves to half back as well.

Weakfeild wing imo.

Cummings and Ash of HB .

Not good for Hamilton who literary (lol) did nothing wrong ..

Unsure killing Hedi fits in ..

My issue with taking Wehr early is who do you downgrade to in round 13? You’ll likely need a downgrade option in round 13.
My set up means that I probably will need to field him for Rd 13, that's part of my reasoning. I should finish my team next week, so my onfield premos. will stack up.

We are all behind the 8 ball against people who got 2-3 more keepers right preseason; If I had had Hewett, Witts, Brodie and Sicily from the beginning, which I did until I second guessed myself out of them all( all brought in since), then I'd simply use the 4/4/4 method, trade in 4 premos for rd 12/13 and 4 for rd 13/14 and then cherry pick from there for the remainder of the year.

Weakfeild wing imo.

Cummings and Ash of HB .

Not good for Hamilton who literary (lol) did nothing wrong ..

Unsure killing Hedi fits in ..
Hamilton did nothing the VFL before his debut lol. Better numbers in the AFL than in the VFL. I think Cameron just liked the kid.

In terms of trying to resurrect a season, a new coach will see Wehr making far more sense than Hamilton right now. He provides more flexibility for spike to play established players like Whitfield in what he considers their best roles, rather than whatever Cameron wanted them to do. He's given Whitfield a week off to get tip top and i reckon he now gets the role that suits him best. A new coach can at least play them where they are best, then sink or swim.
I think Wehr has a definite chance for a run of games * WILL watch him this week

* which means he probably wont be named this week.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.
One of the reasons I've been slower to upgrade this season is to hold on to rooks that I think will play the full season and still score ok even if there are dips in their form and their price. I don't want to be left with sh!t trucks on the bench and if their JS is ok then I'd prefer to upgrade the crappy rooks even if it takes a little longer to get to full premo.
I still have Durdin, Daicos, Martin, SDK, Paddy McC and Rachele. They're all pretty ripe to cull - some would say for many weeks - and I'm sure there are lots of teams that have traded them already and have probably been reaping the rewards....so far.
If I can luxury upgrade them I will, but while there are still guys like Carroll, MRJ and Rosas in my team with dubious JS in their own team, I'll try to hold the better ones.
Thoughts?

One of the reasons I've been slower to upgrade this season is to hold on to rooks that I think will play the full season and still score ok even if there are dips in their form and their price. I don't want to be left with sh!t trucks on the bench and if their JS is ok then I'd prefer to upgrade the crappy rooks even if it takes a little longer to get to full premo.
I still have Durdin, Daicos, Martin, SDK, Paddy McC and Rachele. They're all pretty ripe to cull - some would say for many weeks - and I'm sure there are lots of teams that have traded them already and have probably been reaping the rewards....so far.
If I can luxury upgrade them I will, but while there are still guys like Carroll, MRJ and Rosas in my team with dubious JS in their own team, I'll try to hold the better ones.
Thoughts?

Number one rule back ya gut.

This year's seems alot are trading harder than ever.

After this week I'll prob have 3 wookies to upgrade.

Some Kent's have one Or 2.

So many different ways to get to full premo .

I hope the same

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

I hope the same
You’ve held your trades whereas a lot have gone hard early. Winter’s only around the corner and most eastern based teams had there covid run rampant during the summer festive season. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get another wave in the coming weeks. Why I’m a bit cautious loading up on all the dogs players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?
Surely you can at least afford to swap Martin/Daicos into a full premo/rookie. That is 724K plus any cash you might have. That still leaves you plenty of cows to nurture to your heart's content.

You’ve held your trades whereas a lot have gone hard early. Winter’s only around the corner and most eastern based teams had there covid run rampant during the summer festive season. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get another wave in the coming weeks. Why I’m a bit cautious loading up on all the dogs players.
17 trades left before changes this week. Considering I've held English, Hewett, Whitfield and Ridley I'm probably not as well off as I should be. Hoping a few good pods can lift me to a half reasonable rank

I'd take Stephens in a heartbeat, over Clearly for sure, but I need to access Hinge's money to upgrade and I got nobody to swing back

I think Cleary will be named, but he could be out next week when we really need him

If Cleary isn't named, back to the drawing board, gotta somehow find a way to get Stephens
Screenshot_20220525-224049_Chrome.jpg

with owens and clark taking up my other 2 mid spots. mccomb always ends up on the chopping block.. has so much money to make but im so screwed for r13 its not even funny.

View attachment 1408764

with owens and clark taking up my other 2 mid spots. mccomb always ends up on the chopping block.. has so much money to make but im so screwed for r13 its not even funny.
For me, it was him or Hobbs, to complete the midfield. I had no M/F DPP in the middle or coulda traded Dixon.

Thoughts?
was my original plan. problem is waiting that little longer to get to full premo usually involves more trades and taking less profit as everyone else trades out the other rooks at their peak. i like the long game thought. question is can your ranking and trades remaining withstand the long term game.

Robbie with a 15BE. Early offload with benefits?
no dpp in my mids yet. i still got mrj hamilton and curtis in the fwds. but to bring in a premo i need at least 100k from a rook. otherwise i cull one of paddy/sdk instead.

i think all these dead rooks can be traded out once youve gone full premo to boost up the bench to premo rookies.

was my original plan. problem is waiting that little longer to get to full premo usually involves more trades and taking less profit as everyone else trades out the other rooks at their peak. i like the long game thought. question is can your ranking and trades remaining withstand the long term game.
With the injuries I've had as well, the easy answer is no. The two don't mix well and I should have gone hard on trades early and then "suck and see" how it turned out. Too late now.

i did this last week. saved with an ok mrj score. have to do it again this week. not happy about it. next weeks dpp cant come quick enough
Wait on team Sheets .

Killing Hedi might an option.
If Cleary not named .

There was 4 def wookies two weeks back ....and now almost gone .

View attachment 1408764

Martin to cat Stephens.
Gibcus to Crispy .

Easy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back