Autopsy 2022 Round 18 - GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, 1.45 pm Sat 16 July @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

We've avoided criticism because we've already changed the coach and we're pretty clearly above the level of the NMs, Eagles, Crows, etc.

However we're also pretty clearly below the level of anyone else, which is quite disturbing if anyone was paying attention to us.
I can see us finishing 3rd last yet. The tripe this team is dishing up over the last month has been horrible. Some huge changes coming this off season. Get Clarko in, draft a Key forward and Busslinger.

Build the team around:

Backline: Taylor (FB), Busslinger (CHB), Aleer (HBF interceptor), Idun (BP), Cumming (HBF), Fahey (BP), Buckley?
Midfield: Callaghan (wing), Ash (mid/wing), Wehr (wing), Tom Green (mid), Stone (HFF/mid), Perryman, Briggs / Pruess? (ruck)
Forwards: Derksen, Peatling (pressure forward), Angwin?, Hamilton (pressure forward), Riccardi (back up KPF as he is clearly not up to the level)

Daniels may as well retire due to 45 hamstring injuries.

Say goodbye to DeBoor, Davis, Ward as they will just hamper giving opportunities to younger players.
If we can get a top 15 pick for Whitfield, Haynes, Taranto, Hopper, send them packing.
If we can get a top 20 pick for Bruhn send him packing if he doesn't want to be there.

When you put it like that we need to really address forwards and I have Busslinger as our number 1 priority to complete our backline. Then we NEED forwards.

I can see us finishing 3rd last yet. The tripe this team is dishing up over the last month has been horrible. Some huge changes coming this off season. Get Clarko in, draft a Key forward and Busslinger.

Build the team around:

Backline: Taylor (FB), Busslinger (CHB), Aleer (HBF interceptor), Idun (BP), Cumming (HBF), Fahey (BP), Buckley?
Midfield: Callaghan (wing), Ash (mid/wing), Wehr (wing), Tom Green (mid), Stone (HFF/mid), Perryman, Briggs / Pruess? (ruck)
Forwards: Derksen, Peatling (pressure forward), Angwin?, Hamilton (pressure forward), Riccardi (back up KPF as he is clearly not up to the level)

Daniels may as well retire due to 45 hamstring injuries.

Say goodbye to DeBoor, Davis, Ward as they will just hamper giving opportunities to younger players.
If we can get a top 15 pick for Whitfield, Haynes, Taranto, Hopper, send them packing.
If we can get a top 20 pick for Bruhn send him packing if he doesn't want to be there.

When you put it like that we need to really address forwards and I have Busslinger as our number 1 priority to complete our backline. Then we NEED forwards.
Why are we trading Whitfield ahahaha that seems absurd and I get looking to off load one of Hopper or Taranto but losing both would be an issue they're both really good players at the start of their primes it'd be silly to let them go just for a pick that may not turn into anything. Picks are great but ultimately they don't automatically turn into good players. This team has lot's of good talent and I think the right coach can fit it altogether into a really good team next year.

Why are we trading Whitfield ahahaha that seems absurd and I get looking to off load one of Hopper or Taranto but losing both would be an issue they're both really good players at the start of their primes it'd be silly to let them go just for a pick that may not turn into anything. Picks are great but ultimately they don't automatically turn into good players. This team has lot's of good talent and I think the right coach can fit it altogether into a really good team next year.
It really depends on the next coach. If we are having a complete clean out then we trade out players who hold capital. Mind you the way Whitfield's kicking has been this year he may not be worth much anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back