Autopsy 2022 Round 19 - Carlton v GWS Giants, Marvel Stadium @ 1.10 pm Sunday 24 July

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
3 times the Carlton player there was called back to the mark, but no 50 ... compare that to Toby's treatment: no call even to stand.

Lots of things we are poor at - missing targets, dropped marks, inaccurate goalkicking ... plus just some bad luck, balls falling into oppo hands; but the umpiring bias makes you wonder why bother.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Wondering what the hell did Caruso see in Bruhn's draft year? Is he doing it in practice and flubbing it on game day? Or are they playing him to increase his trade value, knowing he's a definite want-away.
Plus, Taranto stood up!
Do we really want Timmy playing for another team?

He has trade value, is definitely AFL level.
He has zero trade value. Because we delisted him and listed him as a rookie last year, he's an unrestricted free agent every time he comes off contract now.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Well that effort seals the deal for me

Mini reset required

Pull the trigger on all of bruhn, TT and Hopper. We should look at moving a big contract as well. I’d suggest Whitfield. There is no way we can afford 4 players on such big coin, esp when they aren’t rated by champion data as above average let alone elite

Coaching is clearly an issue, spike is not the answer.

Scrapporet

Cancelled
Apr 17, 2022
AFL Club
GWS
Bruhn is losing trade value every game he plays. You would have to be mad to give us a 1st rounder on disclosed form. Time to put him in "cotton wool" so we lose no more value.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Hopper, Taranto and Bruhn leaving is definitely no loss. There is no precision to their ball use whatsoever.

Cogs is our best mid. Perryman can do what they do and is a better user. And we were missing Kelly today.
Move them on, collect the three first rounders and spend them on mids with speed and good ball use.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Pretty hard to watch the 2nd half with players dropping off and giving the Blues players too much space and still the same problems of too easy for the opposition to transition from D50 and lack of defensive running, tackling has improved slightly but too many players in a bruise free game style and this is down to coaches and senior players too demand more from each other and also make sure the effort is made on game day
Injuries are again killing the club for example Stone should be working on cohesion with the mids and forwards on game day and training but he is stuck in rehab because of the incompetence in that department and also the clubs senior executives that make the funding and hiring decisions. Daniels is another that has played maybe 10 games in the last 2 years so should be a senior player but is stuck in rehab
Until that department is fixed the club will struggle to get out of the bottom 4, 13 (+1 Flynn) on the injury list and no word on several important players getting back on the park
Rant over

Lost the contested possessions again and with Ward, Conigilio, Hopper and Taranto playing the goes to the effort of those players as they should have the endurance to play out the game at a high level. Pruess tapping to opposition doesn't help, Brown dropping the mark in the goal square was inexcusable and shows the type of player on the list due to poor senior player contracts
Not sure why Bruhn is playing as his efforts are so weak and no damage with his possessions, obvious he doesnt want to be at the club although again if the club could match some $$ offers they would be in a stronger position but I can see the Cats 2nd rd pick on offer
Sproule unsighted pretty much and so much difference with his games compared to last year so hopefully a strong pre season and works on his game he can be key forward back up
XOH was more involved and I agree with others he needs to work on his disposal and him and Brander cannot play in the same team
Ash is another who has bot really developed at all this year and is largely not noticed in games offensively

6 day rest into the derby so hopefully no injuries from the game and Kelly and Whitfield are good to go

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Hopper, Taranto and Bruhn leaving is definitely no loss. There is no precision to their ball use whatsoever.

Cogs is our best mid. Perryman can do what they do and is a better user. And we were missing Kelly today.
Move them on, collect the three first rounders and spend them on mids with speed and good ball use.

I think the forward setup could do with some class, rather than sticking to drafting mids.

I doubt they lose all 3. Suspect Hopper stays.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I agree with drafting class. I think we need to remember we were minus Whitfield, Kelly, Hogan, Daniels and others.
I look forward to a time when our best players are to n the park.

Scrapporet

Cancelled
Apr 17, 2022
AFL Club
GWS

Hope you are right but can't see any club giving a 1st round pick for Bruhn.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
3 times the Carlton player there was called back to the mark, but no 50 ... compare that to Toby's treatment: no call even to stand.

Lots of things we are poor at - missing targets, dropped marks, inaccurate goalkicking ... plus just some bad luck, balls falling into oppo hands; but the umpiring bias makes you wonder why bother.
Fishers one? That was weird, thought the umpire was far too lenient on him.

First time watching Toby live and he is so impressive, the oppo fans HATE him and say some pretty disgusting stuff. I think nuffies just hate when a player is good and aggressive. Toby plays on the edge and after the game was smiling and chatting to Plow and a couple other Blues, no animosity there.

So weird how we just tolerate fans going berserk, saying personal stuff about players they don't like.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Fishers one? That was weird, thought the umpire was far too lenient on him.

First time watching Toby live and he is so impressive, the oppo fans HATE him and say some pretty disgusting stuff. I think nuffies just hate when a player is good and aggressive. Toby plays on the edge and after the game was smiling and chatting to Plow and a couple other Blues, no animosity there.

So weird how we just tolerate fans going berserk, saying personal stuff about players they don't like.
You would think true footy supporters would be more like yourself.
Toby bashing is a sport of the brainless. Mostly the fault of the media and for the VFL tribunal for sniffing the media's farts.
Oppo players now take advantage of belting him around knowing he can't retaliate.
Anyone who's met him, heard him speak knows his character.
Giants players love him, supporters love him and the kids at the home games love him.

Back