Game Day 2022 Round 2 - Richmond Tigers vs GWS Giants, Sunday 27th March 3:30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing the Tigers at the MCG, well let’s take this as a mulligan, official squad below.

1648106824339-png.1353172

We played three games at the venue last year (none in 2020), beating both Collingwood and Melbourne but losing to the Hawks in between, almost a summary of our season.

Coincidentally we’ve also played against the Tigers three times since, a 12 point win at home in 2020 and a 39 point win at Docklands in round 22 last year similarly split by a loss, by 4 points at Docklands in round 9.

This is how we lined up in our last head to head, Round 22 2021
1647866871232.png

Plenty of changes in both teams from the above to last week:

Tigers 10
Outs: Vlastuin, Garthwaite, Stack, Dow, Lambert, Parker, Mansell, Coleman-Jones, M Rioli & Ralphsmith who ended up coming on as the sub for Prestia.
Ins: Tarrant, Balta, Broad, Ross, Pickett, Soldo, Martin, Castagna, Aarts, Gibcus

Giants 7
Outs: Stein, Peatling, Haynes, Kennedy, Sproule, Hogan, Mumford, Bruhn
Ins: Keefe, Davis, Green, Flynn, Hill, Riccardi, Cogs, Brander

More are coming with both Prestia and Reiwoldt already ruled out of Saturday’s game for the Tigers.
Caddy a probable in, not sure on the other forced change.

It’s hard to see the Giants going in unchanged despite a rare injury free game; XOH with 7 disposals and 2 tackles in 81% game time and Ash with 8 disposals and 3 tackles in 80% game time should both be nervous.
Our conversion rate for inside 50s in the second half was terrible, mostly thanks to delivery, but also some terrible shots on goal, we won the inside 50s after halftime, but were outscored 8 goals to 3.

Possible changes are Hogan/Pruess and Nick Haynes in for Riccardi and ??, I'd also like to see Bruhn replace XOH/MDB.

Since the game that mattered most we’ve had the edge on Richmond, and given their rather insipid performance last week we should go in favourites this week, especially with the two star outs.

GWS by 24

Last edited:
BT accusing Phil of injuring himself attempting a “professional foul”?

GAGF BT.

It’s one thing to barrack against us in the commentary box, but accusing Phil of being a dirty player is complete BS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

it’s interesting - richmond fans have been complaining about the umpires all week saying they would be crucified - to half time it is 17-5 to them - including 5 of their 7 goals directly from frees.

absolute bull#*t umpiring.

matt flynn in a headlock and slung to the ground - free kick - goal to richmond

We may not be playing well but the umps are atrocious
I agree but not a game I can get worked up about it in given our general level of intensity.

Hey Everyone,
Haven’t contributed in a long time.
Watching this rip-off. Free to Soto after his arm over Flynn’s neck then he has a free shot on goal.
No incorrect disposal or holding the man call and one second later it is call for the Tigers.
GWS + Chamberlain and Co = LOSS

it’s interesting - richmond fans have been complaining about the umpires all week saying they would be crucified - to half time it is 17-5 to them - including 5 of their 7 goals directly from frees.

absolute bull#*t umpiring.

matt flynn in a headlock and slung to the ground - free kick - goal to richmond

The umpiring is a joke, but you were right to be concerned about our likely performance...

Hey Everyone,
Haven’t contributed in a long time.
Watching this rip-off. Free to Soto after his arm over Flynn’s neck then he has a free shot on goal.
No incorrect disposal or holding the man call and one second later it is call for the Tigers.
GWS + Chamberlain and Co = LOSS

Chamberlain must have a vendetta against us.

No one could possibly be that consistently wrong.

Game and probably season over to be honest. Our full strength forward line is totally disfunctional and Davis out for a long time

I thought that when Riccardi ran into that contest and Lloyd got injured.
It didn’t look like a spontaneous incident. I thought Riccardi had time to check but I’m not there. Hope that makes sense.
Forward line lacks awareness of each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back