Preview 2022 Round 8 - Giants v Geelong, 4.35pm Sat 7 May @Manuka - Dead Cat Bounce?

Remove this Banner Ad

We're against another top 8 team this week so, on trend, it's not looking great.
On the other hand, last week was very good for most of 3 qtrs.
This could be won or lost in the coaching box...
Put it this way.

Before last weekend, we were scoring 69 points on average per game, and conceding 94. They were scoring 100, and conceding 82. Even after last week's results, it's still 75/88 versus 95/80.

It'll be an upset if we win.

If there's no VFL this week then the only change I would make is Bruhn in for De Boer as the medi-sub.

As poor as Hill has been I do think we need him playing that role in the forwards.
Great idea, I think Bruhn gives you way more off the bench than DeBoer does. He's clearly a highly valued played but (like Tom Green in previous years) is getting dropped to work through some aspects of his game.
I think giving him the Sub is a great idea.

Freo showed us how to play the cats. Use our pace!

Callaghan is showing just how ******* good he could be on that wing. Such a good kick too.

Great idea, I think Bruhn gives you way more off the bench than DeBoer does. He's clearly a highly valued played but (like Tom Green in previous years) is getting dropped to work through some aspects of his game.
I think giving him the Sub is a great idea.

Freo showed us how to play the cats. Use our pace!

Callaghan is showing just how ******* good he could be on that wing. Such a good kick too.
Use our pace…. Hmmmm…

Emergencies are de Boer, Fahey, Riccardi & Brander - so no Bruhn as medi-sub.

I really don’t get Brander’s inclusion on the Emergency list - either based on form or structurally.

In addition to the ‘desperately unlucky to miss’ Bruhn, there are multiple other VFL players who IMO are staking a stronger claim than Brander to positions 23-26 in the AFL team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back