Autopsy 2022 Round 8 GWS v Geelong, 4.35pm Sat 7 May @Manuka Oval- Dead Cat Bounce?

Remove this Banner Ad

Much to everyone’s shock last week we go and score over 100 points for the game. Leon has probably said at the team meetings this week ‘Now boys we don’t want you scoring so much, if we take too many risks we could hurt our percentage. Now this week against Geelong, they hate playing teams with pace so let’s play super slow and not take any risks. The idea is to make it as boring as possible so we don’t attract any new people to come and watch us play’.

We are not playing well. We should actually hope Geelong win the flag, otherwise the Cameron trade was the biggest lose/lose trade in AFL history.

Last week's win saved Leon until the bye round.

For whatever reason, the game plan has changed to a slugfest, kicking to a contest and handballing to a player under pressure which is Geelong's forte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all knew this gif was coming….

Dean Martin Drinking GIF

Last edited:
No HC has ever failed to deliver a home win for 3 consecutive years and not been sacked.

Except Leon in Canberra.

The club is burning our ACT members and sponsors for zero gain.

A club with a modicum of self-respect would end this HC farce tonight.

IMG_6853.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are not playing well. We should actually hope Geelong win the flag, otherwise the Cameron trade was the biggest lose/lose trade in AFL history.
Why should I be hoping that at least the other team wins out of a trade? Pass - if it's lose for us, I'd rather it be lose/lose.

Nick Haynes is one of my favourite Giants. He’s having a terrible season. I suspect his love of the game has been broken by being forced to restrain his natural attacking flair for another year. What a waste.

This sucks, but at 2-6 we are still alive, Essendon made it from there last year. Must have new coach for Carlton game. Maybe we have clarko lined up for next year already.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back