Preview 2022 Round 8 vs Collingwood, MCG, May 7th, 1.45 - THE GOAT RETURNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after waiting for what seems like forever, Richmond will get to play a game at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon against a traditional rival in a game that has some real meaning to it, with Hardwick coming up against his former apprentice in McRae, with Richmond and Collingwood fighting for a spot in the top 8 and the likely return of the GOAT, this game has plenty on the line.

Richmond will be full of confidence coming off a 109 win against West Coast in Perth and will be boosted by the returns of Cotchin and Martin with possibly Pickett Dow & Tarrant to return as well. A win here will get us back to even with a run of winnable games to come in the lead up to the bye. Collingwood having been hit by a few key injuries were still able to get over the Suns and get back into the 8 and will be looking at claiming a big scalp to try and prove that they are a genuine top 8 contender.

Having thought about possible changes this week the line up I'd go with this week is:

B: Gibcus Balta Grimes
HB: Baker Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: McIntosh Short Graham
HF: Castagna Lambert M.Rioli
F: Lynch Martin Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Cotchin Bolton
INT: Broad Collier-Dawkins Stack Soldo

Which makes the changes:
Out - Prestia (inj) Edwards
In - Martin Cotchin

After a performance like what we put in Friday night I think we need to reward those that played and give them a chance to back it up against the Pies.

As far as the result goes, if we can play with the same freedom in ball movement and defensive structure behind the ball that we had against the Eagles I'd expect a good 4-5 goal win. However I expect that McRae will have a good idea about the foundation of our game plan given the years he spent at Richmond, although there have been some changes since he left a couple of years back the tweaks wouldn't have been that big so expect him to have a game plan in mind to try and counter our strengths.

Finally after waiting for what seems like forever, Richmond will get to play a game at the MCG on a Saturday afternoon against a traditional rival in a game that has some real meaning to it, with Hardwick coming up against his former apprentice in McRae, with Richmond and Collingwood fighting for a spot in the top 8 and the likely return of the GOAT, this game has plenty on the line.

Richmond will be full of confidence coming off a 109 win against West Coast in Perth and will be boosted by the returns of Cotchin and Martin with possibly Pickett Dow & Tarrant to return as well. A win here will get us back to even with a run of winnable games to come in the lead up to the bye. Collingwood having been hit by a few key injuries were still able to get over the Suns and get back into the 8 and will be looking at claiming a big scalp to try and prove that they are a genuine top 8 contender.

Having thought about possible changes this week the line up I'd go with this week is:

B: Gibcus Balta Grimes
HB: Baker Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: McIntosh Short Graham
HF: Castagna Lambert M.Rioli
F: Lynch Martin Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Cotchin Bolton
INT: Broad Collier-Dawkins Stack Soldo

Which makes the changes:
Out - Prestia (inj) Edwards
In - Martin Cotchin

After a performance like what we put in Friday night I think we need to reward those that played and give them a chance to back it up against the Pies.

As far as the result goes, if we can play with the same freedom in ball movement and defensive structure behind the ball that we had against the Eagles I'd expect a good 4-5 goal win. However I expect that McRae will have a good idea about the foundation of our game plan given the years he spent at Richmond, although there have been some changes since he left a couple of years back the tweaks wouldn't have been that big so expect him to have a game plan in mind to try and counter our strengths.
you're stealing my lines, i want royalties !!! :)

Should be a tight game. Their midfield can still break even or beat ours especiallyif prestiais out. They've got a good spread of goal kickers going atm too.

Intriguing game
Their midfield is very decent.
need to exploit them in the ruck.
cameron and begg are inexperienced and I think playing both nank and soldo will work.

cameron and begg are inexperienced and I think playing both nank and soldo will work.
Agree. Playing both can definitely give us an advantage.

Makes me think balta will be staying back and we will stick with a pretty similar line up barring dusty and cotch being available

Only question is will that make overly tall around the ground, especially IF Tarrant comes back in

Might see Balta pushed back up the ground again with Soldo missing
Team selection will be interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This mob lost to West Coast and only fell in against the druggos. Time to make another statement. Who will put this slim shady looking mother f***er on his arse?
Unfortunately our best option won’t be playing, but it sounds like a job for Mansell.

Last edited:
This mob lost to West Coast and only fell in against the druggos. Time to make another statement. Who will put this slim shady looking mother f***er on his arse?
how the * did they loose to west coast

1651406049658.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back