Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running Gawndy with Hayes/Dixon backup all season. But now need to change obviously.

Resisted Preuss last week, which has basically cost me $95k if I get him in now. Hayes->Hayes trades itself, but should I go Grundy->Preuss? Or maybe just Witts?

I'm thinking Witts is a more conservative option. But perhaps not by much.

I've been running Gawndy with Hayes/Dixon backup all season. But now need to change obviously.

Resisted Preuss last week, which has basically cost me $95k if I get him in now. Hayes->Hayes trades itself, but should I go Grundy->Preuss? Or maybe just Witts?

I'm thinking Witts is a more conservative option. But perhaps not by much.
Witts not in the top 4 ruck trade in options this week for me
5th at best

Likewise. I lost 3 rucks to LTIs last round.

Realistically, how long can I run the gauntlet with Preuss, Hayes R1, R2?

I desperately want Strnadica (R3), as he's got the best potential cash gains. But if I get him, I'm stuck with the above for at least 3-6 weeks while they moo. Then I miss Darcy bottoming out. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, is Dixon decent long term bench cover? Simmo seems to have a hard on for him for some reason.

*Clark comes in on the bubble.

I desperately want Strnadica (R3), as he's got the best potential cash gains. But if I get him, I'm stuck with the above for at least 3-6 weeks while they moo. Then I miss Darcy bottoming out. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, is Dixon decent long term bench cover? Simmo seems to have a hard on for him for some reason.

I had the same ruck setup as you mate on the weekend and have quickly addressed it by bringing in Witts so I now have Witts, Preuss, S.Hayes.

Just too risky having Hayes at R2 imo as his scores will be too up and down and you'll be leaking points to other campaigners who have a premo ruck at R1.

I would try and get Witts in while he is still good value at $550k odd.

Witts will be the second best ruck behind Gawn so for me it makes sense to grab him now before he goes over $600k this week.

Darcy is too injury prone imo, I'm avoiding him like the plague.

Darcy bottoming out soon. Be great if he could get covid over and done with. Andy Brayshaw too.

Yep, I’ve brought in Oliver and Cripps off the back of it. A hell of a lot riding on Preuss staying fit and in favour now though. English can’t return quick enough from my bench.
I just need him to stay fit and scoring tons until Round 14 (6 more games)
Preuss to Gawn straight swap as at this rate he will be 600k

Some rucks require at least a fleeting mention.

Ladhams (24yo, 36 games) got a gig 4 weeks ago before he was match fit after injury, due to Hickey copping a medial.
He has averaged 107 and is already $505K Ruck/Fwd with a BE this week of 44....just 50K less than Witts who has been a gun this season, and 39K less than where Manbun finished.
I watched Ladhams on Sudnay and he is already getting around the ground like a rover, plus he won more than his share of center taps against big Oscar. Could be easy argued he beat Oscar at his own strengths on the day which is not an easy thing. Neither of their scores reflecting their influence. Ladhams 23disp 25HO 4Mk 3Tk Gave away 3 FK.

Hickey due back perhaps even this week will now be under pressure to hold his own spot. We are forced to play both Hickey and Ladhams coz he's now just too valuable to leave out.
We would assume his scoring will drop back with Hickey's return, and perhaps its too late to buy, but he can still shock many with that DPP and finish as a sneaky top 6 fwd. Either way he's shaping up as an R1 or R2 candidate within 2 seasons.

Some rucks require at least a fleeting mention.

Ladhams (24yo, 36 games) got a gig 4 weeks ago before he was match fit after injury, due to Hickey copping a medial.
He has averaged 107 and is already $505K Ruck/Fwd with a BE this week of 44....just 50K less than Witts who has been a gun this season, and 39K less than where Manbun finished.
I watched Ladhams on Sudnay and he is already getting around the ground like a rover, plus he won more than his share of center taps against big Oscar. Could be easy argued he beat Oscar at his own strengths on the day which is not an easy thing. Neither of their scores reflecting their influence. Ladhams 23disp 25HO 4Mk 3Tk Gave away 3 FK.

Hickey due back perhaps even this week will now be under pressure to hold his own spot. We are forced to play both Hickey and Ladhams coz he's now just too valuable to leave out.
We would assume his scoring will drop back with Hickey's return, and perhaps its too late to buy, but he can still shock many with that DPP and finish as a sneaky top 6 fwd. Either way he's shaping up as an R1 or R2 candidate within 2 seasons.
I think you're right that Hickey back slows him down.

Let's hope it means he gets DPP next year.

I think you're right that Hickey back slows him down.

Let's hope it means he gets DPP next year.
Thats the obvious and logical outcome. Just needed this bookmark so i can look back and see where his #1 ruck scores finished. Thats iFFF his numbers now drop off.
Been very impressive coz he really wasn't ready to play top level footy in Rnd 4. Looked gassed and being beaten by 3rd qtr in the VFL the week before.

Every chance with Hickey back that Ladhams now starts floating around as a KPF and gets that DPP next yr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be getting one of Cameron or Goldy this week, but can't fit them in, because Martin ends up on the bench.
Goldy is expensive, and Xerri is only a few weeks away. He'll get more time as the #1 ruckman this season.

Cameron at $320k though, that's something I can get around. He will get RUCK/FWD DPP in the next wave. He'll play every single game. Can take a big contested mark and kick a goal, and will get enough ruck time to score well. Could easily go 90+.

Unfortunately I'm poor and need Cripps this weekend before he's $650k.

Ruck carnage. Balderdash!

It's been a wonderful year for rucks making money and it should continue. Witts 380k but averaging 117 and rookie price Preuss is averaging 109 and has made 160k in 2 weeks. Great cameos by Hayes, Xerri plus Dixon already making 140k. Now Strnadica with a b.e. of -73, with a strong possibility that Begg will be on the bubble with a large negative break even next week.

What has made it better is that the timing of the rookies coming on the bubble is almost optimal. If Strnadica/Begg are on the bubble and selected next week just downgrade Hayes to the better and take a quick 100k plus. Strnadica will have better JS than Begg but I will probably take Begg because I am short of players for round 13.

That's ignoring Ladhams/Cameron/Goldie who are mid-priceish and too late in the cycle. Most teams will be only needing 2 or 3 upgrades in Def or Mids at this stage, with luxury upgrades of maybe 1 forward and 1 ruck.

And how could I forget a breakout year for English, and Max- first chosen.

Is it just me, or are ruck cash cows more plentiful relative to the rest of the cash cow pool than previous years?
Yep, we haven't had this many ruck cash cows for years and years. Thus why they changed it to just the 1 ruck slot a few years back.

We've had set and forget rucks for so many years, but this year there's been so many injuries, players returning from injury, and players aging.

Very weird season SC wise...

Ruck carnage. Balderdash!

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Rucks ever done for us?”

“Brought HTAs”

“Oh. HTAs? Shut up!”

Yes apart from Gawn Witts and Preuss, they've terrorised us.

IMG_20220506_194123.jpg

Inner peace.

On Redmi Note 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Rucks ever done for us?”

“Brought HTAs”

“Oh. HTAs? Shut up!”

Yes apart from Gawn Witts and Preuss, they've terrorised us.

View attachment 1393704

Inner peace.

On Redmi Note 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is not meant to be taken literally, m'dear, it could be applied equally to any manufacturer of super premium points scoring.

Yep, we haven't had this many ruck cash cows for years and years. Thus why they changed it to just the 1 ruck slot a few years back.

We've had set and forget rucks for so many years, but this year there's been so many injuries, players returning from injury, and players aging.

Very weird season SC wise...

True the problem is not enough of those rucks have fwd eligibility.

Barring injury Witts should be Number 1 ruck and AA this year. Only 10 points behind Gawn at the moment.

If you don't already have Gawn then Witts and Darcy with back up may be the best ruck combination for the rest of the season. Presumably Gawn gets DPP status and is probably a top 6 forward. Unless you own him the relevant stat is expected output from now to the end of the season.

Dees and Max's focus will be on him being in peak condition for the month after the SC season is done and dusted.

Have jumped on the Cameron train. Apart from Melbourne he has a seriously easy draw. Not sure how long he is contracted for but he would be a major asset for a few contending teams and 10-12 weeks as number one ruck will give him a chance to enhance his value.

Barring injury Witts should be Number 1 ruck and AA this year. Only 10 points behind Gawn at the moment.

If you don't already have Gawn then Witts and Darcy with back up may be the best ruck combination for the rest of the season. Presumably Gawn gets DPP status and is probably a top 6 forward. Unless you own him the relevant stat is expected output from now to the end of the season.

Dees and Max's focus will be on him being in peak condition for the month after the SC season is done and dusted.

Have jumped on the Cameron train. Apart from Melbourne he has a seriously easy draw. Not sure how long he is contracted for but he would be a major asset for a few contending teams and 10-12 weeks as number one ruck will give him a chance to enhance his value.
On Cameron:
Pies might not risk Grundy in the last few rounds of the season. I'm sure Brodie would love an extended holiday break. Our list is OK, we have a decent core of players in their late 20s, and a solid group of youngsters coming through, couple more drafts and we can push again. No reason to rush Grundy back. Can see Cameron playing every game as the main ruck, with Cox/Begg as backup all year.

still running preuss and hayes at R1 and 2, was hoping to upgrade J.hayes this week to the best ruck available, but with gawn and darcy not going too well do I jump on witts? or wait a week to see what English is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back