Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they plan on him playing VFL next week then?

So Cameron has 2 weeks left in him.
McRae has already said publicly that he has told BG to expect to mostly play forward, so DC's role looks okay - my concern is that he is starting to look worn down. He is dropping marks that he normally takes because he cannot quite reach for the sky and his work after the ruck contests has dropped off.
I have no trades left, but can/may use Anderson/Wright/Crouch on field for the time being.

Is there an ignore button for a whole thread?
I want to pretend rucks don’t exist anymore!
!
Go Away Reaction GIF

1. RUCKING HELL

Round 18 wasn’t a good weekend for big men – of the 13 most selected ruckmen in KFC SuperCoach, the highest score was 94, shared by Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson.

Crow Reilly O’Brien, who had averaged 120 points over his previous three matches, scored 53 against Collingwood. He attended a whopping 92 ruck contests in the wet conditions and won 40 hitouts, but just six of them were to advantage.

Max Gawn’s score was even lower, returning a season-low 50 points after collecting 16 disposals but just three hitouts to advantage. Even mid-price star Darcy Cameron had his lowest score since round 6.

In fact, only four players with ruck designation in KFC SuperCoach hit three figures – Todd Goldstein (135, in 7.3 per cent of teams), Sam Draper (113, 5.3 per cent), Mark Blivacs (102, 4 per cent) and Darcy Fort (112, 1.5 per cent).

One ruckman who went big was Braydon Preuss. Unfortunately it was in the VFL, where he had 23 disposals, 11 marks, 44 hitouts and 143 KFC SuperCoach points. After Matt Flynn scored just 45 points on the weekend, he could be in line for a long-awaited senior recall.

Obviously disregarding Sammy Draper’s 113 as he is now classified as a ruck rover.

And so, the death knell of one Darcy Cameron is announced .....

Notice Tom Campbell was duly picked. How are you Marshall kents hollering now?

English has played against Geelong 4 times.....77 54 65 80:think:
Stanley usually outmuscles him and can cover as much ground, he won't be there this week.
Whichever of spud Ceglar or bigger spud Rautogolea, which they have to pick one of to go with Neale, makes English VC material this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy Brodie Grundy playing forward so Darcy Cameron can ruck. Grundy isn't a good forward while Cameron is decent and while Cameron is a great round the ground ruckman Grundy is much better at actually rucking. The pies have been struggling around clearances lately so would be hoping some advantageous tapwork from Grundy can turn them around.

I don't buy Brodie Grundy playing forward so Darcy Cameron can ruck. Grundy isn't a good forward while Cameron is decent and while Cameron is a great round the ground ruckman Grundy is much better at actually rucking. The pies have been struggling around clearances lately so would be hoping some advantageous tapwork from Grundy can turn them around.
I think so too, but not immediately, or not to full capacity.

It isn't really his HTA that we miss, it's his ability to feed the ball out after his normally ineffectual initial hit outs. TBH he used to be a better tap riuck than he has been now for about 4 years, so hopefully he has been re-schooled in this.

Say he comes in at Rd 21, which seems on the cards unless he looks really rusty in the VFL this weekend, I'd expect him to be at the CBA quite a lot, but Cameron to do a lot of the grunt work in between.
You might even see them in a tandem role at some stages, given that we are being smashed at clearances every week, where one will go to the hit-out, one will drop off behind and provide an extra defensive body.

I can't see his role becoming SC relevant until probably the last round, TBH.

What I want to see is hunger, fanatic 2nd efforts, contested marks and run, the things that made him so good at his best.

If you watched the Bombers pies game.
Cox started ruck, DC forward

It was an audition of things to come (hopefully this week)

As a Darcy owner, im very nervous about him being a POD this weekend. Mainly scoring of HTA, he certainly wont get as many of those this weekend. Need the big fellas to hit the scoreboard or clunk some marks.

As a Darcy owner, im very nervous about him being a POD this weekend. Mainly scoring of HTA, he certainly wont get as many of those this weekend. Need the big fellas to hit the scoreboard or clunk some marks.
Meek a probable in, which makes me even more nervous. If I keep him, I'll definitely be looping him and sub english to rucks if he spuds.

I don’t have a choice but to hold. I’m crossing everything Friday night
I'll likely hold too but tempted to trade to gawn as he obviously does alot more around the ground than Darcy does.

I hope he kills it for everyone who has him, went on a tear this time last year and did pump out a 140 last time when we got stitched up by Freo.

Either way I'll loop and move english to the ruck and play a Culley or Carmichael if Darcy scores a 50 odd like the last time Meek was in the side.

Let's just hope Lobb is go to go and we should at least see a 90-100 score from big Hodor.

Set and forget they said....

Grundy and Gawn they said....

Grundy to Preuss
Xerri to Coleman
Hayes to Hayes
Martin to Cameron
Hayes to Teakle
Gawn to English
Preuss to Jackson
Jackson to Witts

8 trades....

Status