Position 2022 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWS Rucking in 2020 & 2021

View attachment 1310971

GWS played a solo ruck in 35/41 games in the last 2 seasons.
Based on this its likely there is only 1 spot between Preuss, Flynn & Briggs.

GWS ruckman played on average just 1.96 games in a row before being out of the team.
So ruck set up should be R1 Pruess (Mummy), R2 Flynn, R3 Briggs.

That's 100 percent rucking goodness!

QDYNC3m.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 4 that are considered high percentage have the same bye round

Who cares.

Has never been an issue when we locked in Gawn and Grundy for the last 5 years.

You still have 20 other spots on the ground to get 18 players on.

I guess he's not relevant if you're in the 'set and forget' brigade.

He's irrelevant in any case.

Ruckmen do not break out in their 2nd year. They just don't.

If you want to spend that amount on a ruck, get Witts.

Preuss is 160k cheaper and IMO has better job security than Reeves (others will argue with this, which is why I said IMO).

Reeves is probably the preferred ruck at Hawthorn but they will have drafted Max Lynch for a reason, and Big Boy is still there. If Reeves plays as a the main ruck week after week without a break at his tender age, I'll eat my hat.

No matter what your overall strategy is, Reeves is a spud pick

He's irrelevant in any case.

Ruckmen do not break out in their 2nd year. They just don't.

If you want to spend that amount on a ruck, get Witts.

Preuss is 160k cheaper and IMO has better job security than Reeves (others will argue with this, which is why I said IMO).

Reeves is probably the preferred ruck at Hawthorn but they will have drafted Max Lynch for a reason, and Big Boy is still there. If Reeves plays as a the main ruck week after week without a break at his tender age, I'll eat my hat.

No matter what your overall strategy is, Reeves is a spud pick
Okay, thanks for your views, it's what I asked for.

I actually don't want him to 'break out' as such, just a reasonable run of games (say 8) averaging around 90 with a couple of spike games which should see him make around $125k. Coupled with Preuss (who could get a run of 8 games or so as the main ruck) with an 80 average should see him make $150k. A simple 1 up 1 down would see me with an uber ruck.

Most on the Hawks board consider Lynch to be back up and Bigboy to be the 2nd relief.

FWIW I'm considering Witts R1-Reeves R2-Preuss R3. The money saved eliminates 2 rookies from the field and (hopefully) 1 less upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back