Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
If its future 1st, which is something we most obviously have suggested/wanted, it also means we are really keen on someone in this year's draft in the top 5 players.

It would be nice to nail another 1st rounder, given our last two years.
If we can keep pick 5 and nail it with a elite mid, then our drafting part of the rebuild is pretty much done. We then have the core group of young kids that will form our next push for a flag. From then we can just add the extra pieces with more established players via trade and free agency over the next few years.

Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Which Richmond players get pushed out by Taranto & Hopper coming in?

Jack Graham is potentially one. He stayed because he saw the potential for more midfield with the core midfield players ageing but with this refresh I wont be shocked to see him consider his options. I know both Essendon and the Crows went very hard at him a 1 or 2 years ago.

Not sure if he is the type of player we want to inject into our current midfield make up as he doesnt solve our problem of a lack of class, but he does play hard and tough. I wouldnt be interested if it took time away from Berry (who is similar in style), Schoey and any of the other developing mids.

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
Jack Graham is potentially one. He stayed because he saw the potential for more midfield with the core midfield players ageing but with this refresh I wont be shocked to see him consider his options. I know both Essendon and the Crows went very hard at him a 1 or 2 years ago.

Not sure if he is the type of player we want to inject into our current midfield make up as he doesnt solve our problem of a lack of class, but he does play hard and tough. I wouldnt be interested if it took time away from Berry (who is similar in style), Schoey and any of the other developing mids.
Surely we'd take Jack Graham in a heartbeat wouldn't we?

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah but when he signed that deal he was in excellent form. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and is the primary ingredient for the incessant whinging that goes on in these threads. Move on.
He had a bung foot from memory, and at that point the rumours swung from likely to leave to staying.

He also went on 5AA and said almost verbatim that his last contract was about “looking after Rory Sloane”.

It’s one of the worst signings we’ve ever made on paper, though I understand it would have looked terrible to lose him.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
He had a bung foot from memory, and at that point the rumours swung from likely to leave to staying.

He also went on 5AA and said almost verbatim that his last contract was about “looking after Rory Sloane”.

It’s one of the worst signings we’ve ever made on paper, though I understand it would have looked terrible to lose him.

Doesn't even rate in the Top 10 of our worst signings, bring it down a notch.

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Which Richmond players get pushed out by Taranto & Hopper coming in?
Remember the year Geelong recruited both Lachie Henderson and Patrick Dangerfield. After promising their late first rounder for Henderson, they came to the Crows and said, our future first round is all we have left. No players of value wanted to leave, so Crows were left with no options as we 'owed' Dangerfield the courtesy of facilitating the trade. The Victorian media will be all 'oh well, GWS will have to accept this and that because Richmond have nothing else to offer'. GWS does have one advantage in that Hopper is contracted though. Wouldn't be surprised if the AFL suddenly announce rule changes with trading of future draft picks and extend it out to more than just a year.

Like Ross but he is not really what we need in the midfield with the types we have coming through .
He's a bigger body but is pretty vanilla.

Trigger13

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s very short-sighted and borderline delusional to assume we’ll improve our ladder position next year. Every chance our draw won’t be so forgiving. Cop a couple of injuries to key players and this list will not cope. And, given next year’s draft crop is stacked with talent, we really should keep next year’s first. Too many see phillipou as a shiny toy in the window and, like a kid who just got their allowance and must spend it at once, don’t stop to think about the long game. Let’s save our pennies.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s very short-sighted and borderline delusional to assume we’ll improve our ladder position next year. Every chance our draw won’t be so forgiving. Cop a couple of injuries to key players and this list will not cope. And, given next year’s draft crop is stacked with talent, we really should keep next year’s first. Too many see phillipou as a shiny toy in the window and, like a kid who just got their allowance and must spend it at once, don’t stop to think about the long game. Let’s save our pennies.

Have to consider that's another year or two of midfield development and gelling lost.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'd agree with this position, coming into 2022 .....but in 2023 we will improve our ladder position .....it's an expectation many have expressed, and rightly so

Players have another 23 games of experience .....I see no reason a 9th -12th position is achievable .....9-10 wins

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
5AA rumour that Craig Vozzo was seen meeting with someone from the club.

Was he elevated out of a football role at West Coast for a reason?

"At the same time we have elevated Craig Vozzo into the executive department of the club, where his legal and commercial skillset will be highly beneficial in dealing with the club’s legal and strategic needs.”

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sonsie's a future star player .....Cotchin gets pushed out .....Graham potentially struggles from too many of the same type
Does anyone else find it amusing that, immediately before or after the two announced signings, we suddenly have Cotchin and Riewoldt announcing that they will be playing on, and suddenly Dusty announces that he will also be staying on and pocketing his 1.3m p.a. salary? ;)

It will be interesting how much the two new guys get paid. Cotchin should really be given the boot.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Does anyone else find it amusing that, immediately before or after the two announced signings, we suddenly have Cotchin and Riewoldt announcing that they will be playing on, and suddenly Dusty announces that he will also be staying on and pocketing his 1.3m p.a. salary? ;)

It will be interesting how much the two new guys get paid. Cotchin should really be given the boot.
Spot on ! .....you can argue Reiwoldt as well ....I've seen snails move quicker than Jack, and another 12 months isn't going to improve his rapid deterioration

But both Cotchin and Reiwoldt are reportedly being paid approx $300K ....and will obviously be managed during the year

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
David King's argument is basically Rankine will be under media/fan pressure at the Crows and that's not fair to him, but doesn't seem to think there will be any pressure, spotlight or scrutiny on two guys going to a big Melbourne club who are both getting big 7 year deals.
King is a w8nker.

Back