Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s very short-sighted and borderline delusional to assume we’ll improve our ladder position next year. Every chance our draw won’t be so forgiving. Cop a couple of injuries to key players and this list will not cope. And, given next year’s draft crop is stacked with talent, we really should keep next year’s first. Too many see phillipou as a shiny toy in the window and, like a kid who just got their allowance and must spend it at once, don’t stop to think about the long game. Let’s save our pennies.

How would you get the Rankine deal done?

Tex and Matt Crouch spotted in Noosa today. No rumour just thought I would tell you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s very short-sighted and borderline delusional to assume we’ll improve our ladder position next year. Every chance our draw won’t be so forgiving. Cop a couple of injuries to key players and this list will not cope. And, given next year’s draft crop is stacked with talent, we really should keep next year’s first. Too many see phillipou as a shiny toy in the window and, like a kid who just got their allowance and must spend it at once, don’t stop to think about the long game. Let’s save our pennies.
Saying anyone who thinks we will improve next year is delusional is a bad call. We could easilly win 2 or 3 more games and end up 10-12th on the ladder. We lost 3 games this year by under a goal, including 2 to teams still in the finals. Another preseason into our young kids and then add in Rankine and I can definitely see us improving on this year.

And it's got nothing to do with adding a 'shiny toy' in Phillipou, I just want us to add a high quality elite midfielder. If that's Phillipou or Tsatas or someone else I don't care, we just desperately need more class in our midfield.

It is just smart to keep pick 5 and use next years first if we can, our pick this year is a known quantity, our best chance to grab that elite midfielder is with a top 5 pick which we have this year. Next year may be another top 5 Pick, but it could also push out to 8-10 if we win a couple more games next year. Just makes it that bit more difficult, we need to take advantage of our position this year as this could be our last chance with a top 5 pick before we start pushing up the ladder.

Saying anyone who thinks we will improve next year is delusional is a bad call. We could easilly win 2 or 3 more games and end up 10-12th on the ladder. We lost 3 games this year by under a goal, including 2 to teams still in the finals. Another preseason into our young kids and then add in Rankine and I can definitely see us improving on this year.

And it's got nothing to do with adding a 'shiny toy' in Phillipou, I just want us to add a high quality elite midfielder. If that's Phillipou or Tsatas or someone else I don't care, we just desperately need more class in our midfield.

It is just smart to keep pick 5 and use next years first if we can, our pick this year is a known quantity, our best chance to grab that elite midfielder is with a top 5 pick which we have this year. Next year may be another top 5 Pick, but it could also push out to 8-10 if we win a couple more games next year. Just makes it that bit more difficult, we need to take advantage of our position this year as this could be our last chance with a top 5 pick before we start pushing up the ladder.
We could well improve and still hold a top 5 pick.

No Ashcroft to push our pick down. GWS, Essendon and Port all underperformed to their lists and at least 2 should bounce back. Gold Coast should also improve. Hawks probably have some senior players trade away or lose form and should fall, as generally will a top 8 side.

Our pick could be anywhere from 4 to 9.

Sonsie's a future star player .....Cotchin gets pushed out .....Graham potentially struggles from too many of the same type

Well he might be, but when you bring in the GWS guys, Somsie doesn’t get the games in the middle he needs if Cochin is still playing, which he is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My two concerns with giving up next years first for Rankine is that what if we finish worse than this year and what if JHF is on the table next year?

Wrong.

He was off to STK, but his problems with injury, form and tags saw other offers pulled from the table
You're gonna need to provide some evidence to support that.

And? He signed a 5 year deal at a time when he was getting offers from other clubs, when other players had already jumped ship. Far out same people who complain about loyalty and not being able to retain players complain about Sloane being a Crow for life.

Get a grip.

Plus we’ve already spent up big making him a better father, husband, brother, teammate etc etc etc, which we need to get value from. He’s the godfather and protector of our playing list. If he leaves we just fold I reckon, no club worth having without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back