Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

George Kramer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
How are the ass**** on Trade radio discussing the Daniher contract - how it was set up to garner Essendon a 1st round pick, but within 3 months they then added 2 extra years on low money to the contract to take it from 3 to 5 years - and as such that deal should have been looked at as total money over 5 years and never have got Essendon that 1st round pick inside the top 10. How the hell did the AFL allow that as that was blatant rorting of the free agency compo system to generate a result they would not permit us to try and do with B Crouch. Our club should have been threatening legal action over this..absolutely disgusting
VFL

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its actually one of the worst rorts to benefit a Vic side I can think of in recent times. Remember the AFL pooha'd our suggestions of taking salary dump players from St Kilda to get a better contract offer for better compo etc.. this stinks to high heaven and we were one of the clubs most affected by the double standards - Essendon should be stripped of a 1st rounder for that

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
How are the ass**** on Trade radio discussing the Daniher contract - how it was set up to garner Essendon a 1st round pick, but within 3 months they then added 2 extra years on low money to the contract to take it from 3 to 5 years - and as such that deal should have been looked at as total money over 5 years and never have got Essendon that 1st round pick inside the top 10. How the hell did the AFL allow that as that was blatant rorting of the free agency compo system to generate a result they would not permit us to try and do with B Crouch. Our club should have been threatening legal action over this..absolutely disgusting

your first mistake is listening to trade radio. it is by far the worst radio you will ever hear. its just rumour mongering mixed with ego stroking by less than average journalists and 2nd rate footy experts. 99.99999% is fill in time.

MRB37

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Didn't we get sanctioned for doing exactly that in the past? eg Tippett
We as a club guaranteed in writing to make up any potential shortfalls in Tippet's 3rd party sponsorship deals. I doubt Geelong are stupid enough to do that.

MRB37

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Quinton Narkle not getting a new deal at Geelong. Wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Rankine is the only player we are getting, forget about other club fringe players we do not have the list spots, unless we get rid of some contacted players, we're struggling to find anyone who wants Crouch, so he's more likely staying.

Danger in Texas

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Rankine is the only player we are getting, forget about other club fringe players we do not have the list spots, unless we get rid of some contacted players, we're struggling to find anyone who wants Crouch, so he's more likely staying.
Can we just pay McPherson out at this point

Like it’s extremely unlikely he’s making it, and he’s barely going to be much of a cap hit

MRB37

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Yep, I'm expecting people who are gunning for 1 or 2 more players to come in are setting themselves up for disappointment. There's enough speculative youth in the team that I don't think guys like Poulter are in the clubs sights at all and wanting Brennan Cox is just a pipe dream at this point I'd say.

Geoffa32

TheBrownDog
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
They did an investigation two years ago when Geelong said they broke the cap due to GST payments, and the AFL gave them like a 20,000 dollar fine lol.
GST on the management fees associated with players.

Not actual salaries.

To be fair, pretty minor breach.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bearded Clam

Premium Platinum
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Can we just pay McPherson out at this point

Like it’s extremely unlikely he’s making it, and he’s barely going to be much of a cap hit
Yep

Mcpherson needs to go and
Seed needs to be told he’s retiring

Scholl
Crouch
Mchenry
Smith

Should all be on the move on from list..

Sloane should be told right now he’s no lock for round 1..

George Kramer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we have the cap space for Bowes, and are positioning ourselves for another big acquisition next year - why not go for another big acquisition this year?
I don’t think we have anything to do with Bowes.
Im guessing if it’s JHF they won’t have the capital to get it done. Next year they will have 2 firsts if they use a future first.

George Kramer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep

Mcpherson needs to go and
Seed needs to be told he’s retiring

Scholl
Crouch
Mchenry
Smith

Should all be on the move on from list..

Sloane should be told right now he’s no lock for round 1..
You’d hope we would be ruthless with the cap space but I suppose they are concerned on the impact on our culture and moral

Danger in Texas

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
He's a good player. If the medical staff think he's gonna come good, we should keep him. Only 22 yo.
Ehh, I don’t really rate him at this point. Solid rebound skills, no real defensive game (see: Pies 2021 vs Elliott). That’s without considering the injury concerns