Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, looking at the Carlton rumour thread and a bloke posted on August 5 that their list manager had made contact with Fish when they came over.

What does a high draft KPD who has shown very little in 3 years get you? Their supporter are saying 3rd round on wards, we are not getting a first but we’d be happy with a 2nd you’d think, anything more and Reid deserves a statue
Normally happy to give KPF and KPD’s plenty of extra time to develop as history shows can be needed and nothing would hurt more than a Fog type coming back to torment you.
I just don’t get that feeling with Fisch , for the good of the kid and us we need to facilitate a trade, something is just not right. Unfortunately I am thinking steak knives at best and a recruiting bust we have to wear.

Normally happy to give KPF and KPD’s plenty of extra time to develop as history shows can be needed and nothing would hurt more than a Fog type coming back to torment you.
I just don’t get that feeling with Fisch , for the good of the kid and us we need to facilitate a trade, something is just not right. Unfortunately I am thinking steak knives at best and a recruiting bust we have to wear.
We should get something reasonable for Fish. Yes he hasn't looked like it, but he was the highest rated KD in the draft and has had a lot of trauma to deal with. A more settled life at home will help him enormously. We also know talls can take quite a bit longer.

I suspect we will trade out:

Sholl
McAsey
Himmelberg
Crouch edit as I forgot to include him
Trade in Weideman as depth. Retain Borlase.

If we get something for Frampton, I'm doing it. Let him go. Pick up another tall project defender in the rookie draft if need be.

Bulldogs into Rowey gaining momentum.
I'm reluctant to do that.

Bottom line is there is a footballer there. He's one of the few players we have who is creative with ball in hand. He can kick a goal.

The issue we have is not that we have Rowe in the team, it's that we have Rowe, Murphy and McHenry. You don't want all 3. 2 Maybe. I'd be more wanting a combination of McHenry (for the up ground pressure), Rowe (for the goal kicking and forward smarts) and then Newchurch (for the blistering pace). It's a better balance to me.

I'm reluctant to do that.

Bottom line is there is a footballer there. He's one of the few players we have who is creative with ball in hand. He can kick a goal.

The issue we have is not that we have Rowe in the team, it's that we have Rowe, Murphy and McHenry. You don't want all 3. 2 Maybe. I'd be more wanting a combination of McHenry (for the up ground pressure), Rowe (for the goal kicking and forward smarts) and then Newchurch (for the blistering pace). It's a better balance to me.
We don't need Rowe. We have McAdam, Rachele, Newchurch and possibly Rankine along with Pedlar, Cook. Rowe is surplus to our needs along with Murphy. Just because Newchurch stupidly wasn't given an opportunity doesn't mean that he won't be good. He showed enough this year to indicate he will be better than Rowe. The only concern with Newchurch is whether he stays or not. I'm not sure if he has even been offered a deal from us so I hope the club isn't angling to push him out without even playing a game.

Last edited:
IMHO, Rowe just reeks of the classic tweener, good SANFL player but not good enough at this level. No disrespect at all, but a hard no from me. He's played many more AFL games than I ever have, by the way.
His physical limitations cannot be overcome.

A poor man's Ian Callinan who was probably the best version of this type of small/skillful/not so quick player and even he was found out massively when it came to higher intensity and physicality of finals football.

If there's a remote chance of getting anything back for Rowe, I'd grab it.

We don't need Rowe. We have McAdam, Rachele, Newchurch and possibly Rankine along with Pedlar, Cook. Rowe is surplus to our needs along with Murphy. Just because Newchurch stupidly wasn't given an opportunity doesn't mean that he won't be good. He showed enough this year to indicate he will be better than Rowe. The only concern with Newchurch is whether he stays or not.
McAdam isn't a small forward. He's a 3rd tall.
Pedlar is a long way off at the moment and is more likely to be a mid/fwd.
Cook is a wing/3rd tall forward.
We don't have Rankine yet.

So yeh, we have Rachele, Murphy, Newchurch that are actually 'small forwards'.

IMHO, Rowe just reeks of the classic tweener, good SANFL player but not good enough at this level. No disrespect at all, but a hard no from me. He's played many more AFL games than I ever have, by the way.
I feel like this is probably true. Too good for SANFL, not the weapons for consistent AFL.

When we reach our peak, he won't be in the team. That's true.

Really if there's still interest at the Dogs for Rowe this would be an almost ideal situation.

I don't think we'd like to delist another father son, but with Rankine coming in he's gotta go. If he continues his AFL career, everyone's happy and maybe we get some draft points for a player we could have delisted.

All the VFL fluff aside - it looks like there is a genuine mental health issue with JHF which has come about from moving away from SA and playing for the basket case that is North.

Has he ever had these issues before playing in the juniors and playing for South? Not that I have heard (happy to be told otherwise).

He's obviously not enjoying life or footy. There is a genuine reason that he should return to one of the SA sides.

McAdam isn't a small forward. He's a 3rd tall.
Pedlar is a long way off at the moment and is more likely to be a mid/fwd.
Cook is a wing/3rd tall forward.
We don't have Rankine yet.

So yeh, we have Rachele, Murphy, Newchurch that are actually 'small forwards'.
Murph is a midfielder/small defender being played mostly as a small forward.

I'll be surprised if Rachele doesn't spend significant time on ball once he has the tank required.

Newchurch has actually played his best SANFL football on the wing, very high half forward where his speed can be fully utilised.....also keeps him more involved in the game.

Hmm. Sholl AND McAsey to the Blues for a 2nd?

Can't really see him leaving with 1 year to go, but good luck to him if he does. Just hasn't clicked at all here and if we could at least get something out of a trade for him we might as well. And if it's the kickstart his career needs then good on him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton spent pick 28 for Lachie Plowman, Liam Sumner, Jed Lamb and Andrew Phillips back in the day

Could we perhaps bundle McAsey and some other spuds together for a second rounder?

Maybe McAsey + Rowe + Murphy + Himmelberg

His physical limitations cannot be overcome.

A poor man's Ian Callinan who was probably the best version of this type of small/skillful/not so quick player and even he was found out massively when it came to higher intensity and physicality of finals football.

If there's a remote chance of getting anything back for Rowe, I'd grab it.
Callinan is a good comparison. If the dogs are after him I would be happy with an early 3rd.

People talking about delisting or trading Rowe for beans are ******* crazy. We didn’t spend a late second round pick on a 20 year old forward pocket / HFF to delist him two years later as a 22 year old when his first 35 games look like the following (and in one of the bottom teams mind you). There is a natural footballer there who is one of the few who lowers his eyes and hits a target. People need to calm the ******* farm.

7644AFE1-01C6-48CD-8787-98A81BD03EB3.png

People talking about delisting or trading Rowe for beans are ******* crazy. We didn’t spend a late second round pick on a 20 year old forward pocket / HFF to delist him two years later as a 22 year old when his first 35 games look like the following (and in one of the bottom teams mind you). There is a natural footballer there who is one of the few who lowers his eyes and hits a target. People need to calm the ******* farm.

View attachment 1477897

It's round 23 and he still has not had his contract extended, that should tell you where he actually sits.

View attachment 1477897
If Rankine is coming, we will be trading either Rowe or Murphy. I would trade Murphy as he would have more trade currency than Rowe.

So..

We’ve aparently got Himm going to Freo..

Frampton going to Pies..

And now McAsey to Blues..

Not gonna have any KPF or KPD depth at all next season by the sounds if it!.

McAsey’s contracted for next year.. the other two arent so you’d have to think the blues would need to give uo something decent to pry him out considering how shallow our depth is in defence and up forward..
Makes the Weideman whispers to us more valid too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back