Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're carrying my logic a bit far there.

How about any best 15 player at any club could get a game at any other club? Not really that revolutionary.
so… by that logic.. the top 15 players at North melbourne or the crows are equal to the top 15 players at the dees or the cats!.

is the penny dropping yet?

theres a reason Keays is getting regular games at Adelaide.. because all the far more talented players at the club.. your pedlars, taylors, nankervises, cooks, rachele’s etc just arent ready yet. but they will be in the next year or two and Keays, who is the stopgap, will be taken over by them..

just as there‘s a reason Keays couldnt get a game at the top 8 sitting lions and was delisted.

if even 2 or 3 of these lads reach the potential we know they can then they arent gonna still be playing in the SAnFL whilst Ben continues to be in the 22 missing kicks and handballs, making stupid decisions and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

that would just be silly.

and thats before considering we will probably be throwing Rankine into the mix in a few weeks from now and probably another few mid/forward types via drafting and trading over the next two or three seasons.

so… by that logic.. the top 15 players at North melbourne or the crows are equal to the top 15 players at the dees or the cats!.

is the penny dropping yet?

theres a reason Keays is getting regular games at Adelaide.. because all the far more talented players at the club.. your pedlars, taylors, nankervises, cooks, rachele’s etc just arent ready yet. but they will be in the next year or two and Keays, who is the stopgap, will be taken over by them..

just as there‘s a reason Keays couldnt get a game at the top 8 sitting lions and was delisted.

if even 2 or 3 of these lads reach the potential we know they can then they arent gonna still be playing in the SAnFL whilst Ben continues to be in the 22 missing kicks and handballs, making stupid decisions and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

that would just be silly.

and thats before considering we will probably be throwing Rankine into the mix in a few weeks from now and probably another few mid/forward types via drafting and trading over the next two or three seasons.
Keays won't be apart of our premiership push. He's a terrible footballer

Last edited:
You can ignore what I’m saying all you like..

But deep down you know Keays is a very limited footballer.. and if you dont know that then i’m not sure you are watching him close enough..

He’s a s**t midfielder. He looks alright as a HF.. but the club refuses to put him there and leave him there full time.

Eventually with guys like soligo, berry, shoey, taylor, rachele (lads with actual football ability) and other new draftee mids we get into the side pushing their way into the midfield Keays will be forced out.. and even quicker if we land JHF or similar in a trade.

So it will be HF or SANFL for Ben.
What about if he got rid of the pony haircut would you like him just a smidge more

What about if he got rid of the pony haircut would you like him just a smidge more
hahahaha.. I dont know who his hairdresser is but he definitely needs to find a new one..

I love the lads endevour.. he gives his all.. but if he’s still clogging up the list (first 22) by the end of next year then the rebuild will be stalling because it will mean Pedlar, rachele, taylor, nank, cook etc, guys that have far more talent and skills, still aren't right to go…

but I cant see Taylor, Pedlar or cook spending another season mainly in the SANFL.. especially Taylor as the lad looks fantastic.. he should be playing this weekend in the AFL 22.. another preseason under Burgess and he’ll be ready to explode next season.

nank looks a real talent but will be a bit of a slower burn

Pedlar just needs to get his fitness up.

cook another highly talented player that will benefit from another strong preseason.

hahahaha.. I dont know who his hairdresser is but he definitely needs to find a new one..

I love the lads endevour.. he gives his all.. but if he’s still clogging up the list (first 22) by the end of next year then the rebuild will be stalling because it will mean Pedlar, rachele, taylor, nank, cook etc, guys that have far more talent and skills, still aren't right to go…

but I cant see Taylor, Pedlar or cook spending another season mainly in the SANFL.. especially Taylor as the lad looks fantastic.. he should be playing this weekend in the AFL 22.. another preseason under Burgess and he’ll be ready to explode next season.

cook another highly talented player that will benefit from another strong preseason.
Everyone says Pedlar needs to get his fitness up but I’ve never seen any official Crows statement to that effect. Is it just an assumption someone made that stuck?

Everyone says Pedlar needs to get his fitness up but I’ve never seen any official Crows statement to that effect. Is it just an assumption someone made that stuck?
thinks its mostly due to him not yet getting a clear run without injury which hasmt enabled him to reach peak fitness yet..

thinks its mostly due to him not yet getting a clear run without injury which hasmt enabled him to reach peak fitness yet..

Plus we’re obsessed with playing him forward in the SANFL, seemingly because he doesn’t have the fitness to play in the midfield even at that level.

Whereas Soligo and Taylor have been playing midfield immediately (at respective levels).

I fully get where your coming from and agree those guys you mentioned could/should come on big time.. Cook could be anything with his skill set.

If nothing else keays will make those young guys work like absolute hell to take his spot or even win a contest against him at training the guy is an animal in that regard..
He can actually fast track our kids rather than hinder due to forcing them to work and when the time is right as the saying goes the player picks themself.

I'd be trying to trade Keays whilst we can, when it is in his contract year he can just go as a DFA. I'm not sure what he would get us but it won't hurt the club using his worth to secure top end talent

At the moment, it's more likely to hurt the club to try then then benefit it. We're already the youngest/most inexperienced team, and the likelihood of a move like that would just cause the rebuild to stall out (especially as Keays does embody that never say die attitude/toughness the club seemingly wants under Nicks), seeing it's that refusal to get older (a trap Gold Coast fell into for the last decade).

This one is likely to be better to revisit once Ben is out of contract in 2024.

I fully get where your coming from and agree those guys you mentioned could/should come on big time.. Cook could be anything with his skill set.

If nothing else keays will make those young guys work like absolute hell to take his spot or even win a contest against him at training the guy is an animal in that regard..
He can actually fast track our kids rather than hinder due to forcing them to work and when the time is right as the saying goes the player picks themself.
Suns are too stupid to realize Keays would be an asset for them, he could be what Mitch Robinson is for the Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns are too stupid to realize Keays would be an asset for them, he could be what Mitch Robinson is for the Lions.

Clearly we're too stupid as well if we're willing to trade him.

Someone on Bigfooty settle a bet they made? 😛😂
No, a great mate I went to Uni with.

He often comes around... I supply the quality meal & he always brings a quality aged red (or white). He is a walking wine encyclopaedia. Was bidding on wine at auction when he was here.

Last edited:
Kaeys is like jarod lyons... good player but just doesn't have every skillset, not the smoothest mover but excels in a few areas...

Is tradeable but has more value to the team than a 3rd rounder... doubt you could get more than that...

We traded lyons because we had a stacked midfield at the time....

s reactions jim GIF

Checked thread for rumours, left disappointed

I'd be trying to trade Keays whilst we can, when it is in his contract year he can just go as a DFA. I'm not sure what he would get us but it won't hurt the club using his worth to secure top end talent
I don't want him out of the club but I follow your logic.

For example, Essendon would love a player as committed as Benny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back