Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

walterhobbs

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m not too concerned about Rankine being lured to stay at GC.
Dillon said yesterday that we’ve front ended his deal and he will be on 1.5mil in the first year hahah.
Maybe PSD isn’t out of the equation
1.5 mill? Geez we must be struggling to fill the salary cap.

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs

For supporters of AFL clubs other than Geelong probably don't want to see the Cats with a top end pick they are doing more than fine as is lets some of the teams towards the bottom end in on the action (crossing fingers Crows). If he wants to come and build with us, he'd be a walk-up 1st 22 get midfield time and we can afford his heavily back ended salary.

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
A guy that couldn't reach a grand final in 10 seasons at a club that hasn't won a final in nearly 20 years.

The perfect match
They don't have any choice... literally... they've cornered themselves ... they said they want an experienced coach... didn't say he had to have had success.

chrisso crow

All Australian
Jul 27, 2020
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NA Roosters
The Premiers with a heap of stars, have cap space for a salary dump, yeah right
I think it's about time players salaries became public.

Sick of all this BS that Cats pay players less than everyone else. And Richmond taking on a couple of big names too.

It's almost like these big Vic clubs are playing to different rules.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona

Sick of all this BS that Cats pay players less than everyone else. And Richmond taking on a couple of big names too.

Outside the cap payments, marketing or ambassadorial roles, employment of family members

Would love to have that looked into

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

I think it's getting ridiculous. It has to get a complete overhaul - Geelong have a massive advantage by being the one regional club, in that they can attract back all those Vic Country boys who are interested in the regional lifestyle.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Selwood and others likely to retire so I reckon they'll definitely have space.

Not sure it frees up that much space, Selwood was only on 80k this year

I mean his family earn a lot of work "consulting" but he's basically on a Rookie contract and to be honest, I struggle to work out how Geelong make the 95% cap minimum. :)

50BC

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure it frees up that much space, Selwood was only on 80k this year

I mean his family earn a lot of work "consulting" but he's basically on a Rookie contract and to be honest, I struggle to work out how Geelong make the 95% cap minimum. :)
The question has never been how much are Geelong paying their players, it's always been, which 3rd party is paying their mortgage, buying their car, paying their kids private school fees etc

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
1.5 mill? Geez we must be struggling to fill the salary cap.
I'd be very worried about our list management if we didn't have a huge hole in our salary cap next year. Perfect move to fill it with with a season + of Rankine's deal and try and open up more salary to push for another big acquisition next year.

Back