Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly right: it involves him “agreeing” to work a 3rd year for free.

Or

He could not agree, take his 1.65m over 2 years, and see where the cards fall then

If he’s delisted he’s no worse off. If he discovers some form he’s in a great position to earn more than
$0.00 in year 3

He's could even be better off if he's delisted because in the year after that he's unlikely to be working for free either

This is my favourite sort of analysis.

How about old Ralphy boy get a contract at the Herald Sun promising him $1.6m over 2 years.

And then he takes a gig at the Age being paid the same amount, but instead doing it over 3 years. Effectively working that third year for free.

So long as he "gave permission". Who in their right mind will "give permission" to let themselves be ripped off?

And why couldn’t he just readjust his contract at GC and do that? These guys absolutely do not think about half the rubbish they write

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's their strategic competitive advantage.
What's ours?

When you nail that answer, you now have a long term plan for a successful list.

IMO, the club is already onto this with their "preference" for SA talent.
There's two SA clubs drawing from SA talent - which is far thinner on the ground that Vic Country talent.

This is my favourite sort of analysis.

How about old Ralphy boy get a contract at the Herald Sun promising him $1.6m over 2 years.

And then he takes a gig at the Age being paid the same amount, but instead doing it over 3 years. Effectively working that third year for free.

So long as he "gave permission". Who in their right mind will "give permission" to let themselves be ripped off?
Will Brodie did exactly that this year.

It happens most years with traded players - he's hardly saying something controversial.

Will Brodie did exactly that this year.

It happens most years with traded players - he's hardly saying something controversial.
Brodie had one year left and so took a longer contract on less per year but still more than what he was due to be paid. I’m pretty sure Suns are still paying a share of his wage too, probably the difference between what he’s worth and what he was due. It’s not the same thing at all.

Brodie had one year left and so took a longer contract on less per year but still more than what he was due to be paid. I’m pretty sure Suns are still paying a share of his wage too, probably the difference between what he’s worth and what he was due. It’s not the same thing at all.

It’s not remotely comparable.

Brodie took a better contract, with ultimately more money on it.

Completely different.

There's two SA clubs drawing from SA talent - which is far thinner on the ground that Vic Country talent.

Correct - which is why you need cap space and aggressively target the elite players from SA. If out of the best 8 SA draftees over the last 5-6 years, 6 end up on our list, that is a massive win. Over time list pressure eases and if you build the right culture you don’t have to keep overpaying and success will keep some of the role players around for less money as well

Who are the best 8-10 SA drafted boys over the past 5-6 years?

Correct - which is why you need cap space and aggressively target the elite players from SA. If out of the best 8 SA draftees over the last 5-6 years, 6 end up on our list, that is a massive win. Over time list pressure eases and if you build the right culture you don’t have to keep overpaying and success will keep some of the role players around for less money as well

Who are the best 8-10 SA drafted boys over the past 5-6 years?

Fogarty - Crows
Rozee - Port
Stephens - Swans - should target
Pickett - Demons - Port bound probably
Day - Hawks - one club or free agent down the track target
Bailey - Lions - should target at free agency
Lukosius - GC - likely stays due to inflated contract
Rankine - Crows
Thilthorpe - Crows
JHF - North - should target 2023
Pedlar - Crows
Wanganeen-Milera - Saints - should target in 3-4 years
Phillipou - ??

There's 13 very good prospects from 2017-2022
Come draft time we could have 5 of them.
In time we should aim to have 8 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fogarty - Crows
Rozee - Port
Stephens - Swans - should target
Pickett - Demons - Port bound probably
Day - Hawks - one club or free agent down the track target
Bailey - Lions - should target at free agency
Lukosius - GC - likely stays due to inflated contract
Rankine - Crows
Thilthorpe - Crows
JHF - North - should target 2023
Pedlar - Crows
Wanganeen-Milera - Saints - should target in 3-4 years
Phillipou - ??

There's 13 very good prospects from 2017-2022
Come draft time we could have 5 of them.
In time we should aim to have 8 of them.
Stephens is a Victorian and Bailey a Darwinite.

A year or two schooling in SA doesn't make you a Croweater.

According to the WA media, the final year of Brodie's contract was split in half to be paid over two years - that's what Ryan Daniels reported. There was no suggestion of any more added, and although there were some original reports about GCS paying a chunk of it, it sounded like they ultimately didn't.

Maybe that's inaccurate, but he's normally pretty good.

Even interstate?

Callum, mate! The fact you needed to specify that the 8 interstate teams are included in the category of 'anywhere', just shows how Victorian player's really feel about this league!
Haha! I though the exact same thing when I read that. That's the Victorian perspective in a nutshell right there.

Really why do the GCS exist. They continually get propped up with money, draft picks, large squad lists. They have to overpay to keep players there and now they cant keep a player and are offering a high draft pick to get him off the books.

Really why do the GCS exist. They continually get propped up with money, draft picks, large squad lists. They have to overpay to keep players there and now they cant keep a player and are offering a high draft pick to get him off the books.

GWS and GC exist to be feeder clubs for the Victorians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back