Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

While I'm a bit miffed Port are touted as the likely club to get JHF...it's nice to have some actual grist for the rumour mill 😂

While I'm a bit miffed Port are touted as the likely club to get JHF...it's nice to have some actual grist for the rumour mill 😂
Getting Rankine this year leaves us with no real way to bid on JHF. Might be why Port pushed so hard to get him to nominate now, it takes us out and leaves them as the only option if he just wants back to SA.

Might also push North to say no this year and wait until next year when we can get back into putting a bid in.

Getting Rankine this year leaves us with no real way to bid on JHF. Might be why Port pushed so hard to get him to nominate now, it takes us out and leaves them as the only option if he just wants back to SA.

Might also push North to say no this year and wait until next year when we can get back into putting a bid in.

Yep, as soon as Reid committed to pick 5 in the Rankine deal, Port, JHF and his Manager drove the bus through the gap.

hes going to port but if he wasnt our only hope of landing both is walking rankine to psd
I mean technically we could take Bowes' Salary on (seeing as his salary is apparently worth pick 7, which is still overs for Rankine, you're welcome gold coast) then use 5 and our future first on Rankine.

You know, if Ried suddenly developed a coke addiction

Right, if this turns into the usual suspects criticising Reid and blaming the Rankine deal, I'm giving a pre-emptive SHUT UP.
Rankine and Phillipou could end up being a better than JHF.

We would have to give away 5 and next year's 1st plus other bits just to get JHF, who let's be honest barely tried this year at North, didn't gel well with teammates and showed his poor attitude for the world to see on multiple occasions.

I knew we had no chance with Horne and was always going to powaa. Time to offer up our future first for Rankine or it's the PSD. This saves the club from themself as the club seemed intent on handing over pick 5 for Rankine and thinking they had a chance with Horne next year when they had none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could always use our first next year to buy Sydneys two first this year and then trade 5 and 14 for 7 and Rankine, keep 17 and then try and get Phillipou and Verrall. That way we could still make a play the year after for Elijah Hollands, have two big mids, a few skilful mids that we could be looking to make finals 2024

If North don't like Port's offer, they'd be smart to hold him till next year. It would mean they could get Port and Crows to bid more aggressively against each other...could be better for them in the end. Even if he (JHF) is stroppy for all of 2023.

Right, if this turns into the usual suspects criticising Reid and blaming the Rankine deal, I'm giving a pre-emptive SHUT UP.

JHF and his Manager wanted to take us out of the equation, using a 2022 or 2023 first rounder on Rankine allowed this to happen.

Unfortunately, it was always Port. Reid never had a hope.

JHF and his Manager wanted to take us out of the equation, using a 2022 or 2023 first rounder on Rankine allowed this to happen.

Unfortunately, it was always Port. Reid never had a hope.

They don't need to take us out of the equation. JHF and his manager has final say, and they can always veto a move to Adelaide this year.

If North don't like Port's offer, they'd be smart to hold him till next year. It would mean they could get Port and Crows to bid more aggressively against each other...could be better for them in the end. Even if he (JHF) is stroppy for all of 2023.
Also gives them time to hope Clarkson drops in and convinces JHF to stay. Papley wanted to leave and he's a Swan for life now.

I doubt even Clarkson keeps him there though, he'd probably have plenty of people in his ear telling him to come back to SA.

Also gives them time to hope Clarkson drops in and convinces JHF to stay. Papley wanted to leave and he's a Swan for life now.

I doubt even Clarkson keeps him there though, he'd probably have plenty of people in his ear telling him to come back to SA.

Clarko will put a new Sim card in JHFs phone

Problem solvered

I reckon the horse has bolted for him remaining at North.

Papley was at a decent club and was older than Horne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back