Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean technically we could take Bowes' Salary on (seeing as his salary is apparently worth pick 7, which is still overs for Rankine, you're welcome gold coast) then use 5 and our future first on Rankine.

You know, if Ried suddenly developed a coke addiction
bowes not interested in moving to adelaide

there is one other way
  • rankine straight swap for keays to go home. some will laugh but GC would take it. AFL player rank 39. third in B and F.
  • then 5, 2023 first, move our second into end of first round using next years second chuck in mcasey as steak knives

it's irrelevant hes picked the pear given the history no surprise

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

there is one other way
  • rankine straight swap for keays to go home. some will laugh but GC would take it. AFL player rank 39. third in B and F.
  • then 5, 2023 first, move our second into end of first round using next years second chuck in mcasey as steak knives

Put the bong down

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This draft isn’t that great. Trading Pick 5 is not the end of the world. I’d rather do that than trade next year’s first. Ashton Moir or Jack Delean are both from SA, both currently ranked in the Pick 3-10 range of the 2023 draft crop, and both far better prospects than anyone we’d be getting at pick 6 (after FS bid) this year, including Phillipou IMO (and both are great list fits for us).

Tsatas this year would be a great fit for us, but he’s an absolute lock to go in the top 5. Phillipou would be nice and all, but I’d strongly suggest he’d rank about 12th-15th in next year’s draft, compared to 6th-10th in this year’s. Humphrey looks an explosive Dangerfield type, but his kicking is messy, and you could argue that we can’t deal with another messy kick. I don’t really see anyone else in our draft range this year who is an ideal fit for us at all.

In addition to Delean and Moir in 2023, you’ve got guys like Zane Duursma (who is a s**t-ton better than his brother), Koltyn Tholstrup and Riley Hardeman who all look fantastic prospects, and great list fits for us. Harley Reid will go pick 1 and will be a massive get for whoever wins the wooden spoon (no offence to Ashcroft, but he isn’t a patch on Reid).

Point of my story. Trade pick 5 for Rankine. Keep the 2023 first. We aren’t making the 8 in 2023. We will get a great player with that pick next year. Rankine and one of Delean/Moir/Tholstrup/Hardeman/Duursma is a better result than Rankine and one of Phillipou/Humphrey/McKenzie IMO.

Last edited:

there is one other way

Can't trade out 1st and 2nd from 2023.

Which is about the smallest problem with your proposed trade.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

there is one other way

GC would take Keays but they would also require something extra from us. A straight swap would be for a player such as Doedee. With Frampton going out we do need Doedee now.

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't trade out 1st and 2nd from 2023.

Which is about the smallest problem with your proposed trade.
it's irrelevant anyway
sorry you right about the 2023 second but pick 23 could still be moved up with the other player exits

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Tarryn Thomas weighing up a potential trade request.
We couldn't could we? Have long had interest in him.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Spotted: Ben Rutten in Adelaide at a Greek Cafe looking trim and terrific

Back