Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I believe they are just passing Uranus as we speak.
shaq-pointing.gif

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
To this day the most epic half of gut running I've ever seen. If he wasn't full of powder, it was just a supreme performance.
I think we all like to think that because we lost and don't want to accept that he played an amazing game.

The reality is whether it was powder or meth those things do not help you play the game of football. They are not a performance enhancer. If anything it will cause you to overheat and dehydrate which will degrade your performance. You also won't be able to sufficiently concentrate or make decisions well in this state.

This makes his performance even greater, if he actually was on anything.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we all like to think that because we lost and don't want to accept that he played an amazing game.

The reality is whether it was powder or meth those things do not help you play the game of football. They are not a performance enhancer. If anything it will cause you to overheat and dehydrate which will degrade your performance. You also won't be able to sufficiently concentrate or make decisions well in this state.

Facts!

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Exactly. But that ruins a good story

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Cousins definitely trained super hard coming down off drugs, he didn't dehydrate or over heat though.

He wasn't on drugs during the games (unless I missed something), he would go hard on drugs all weekend (after the game), train his guts out during the week, and play well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cousins definitely trained super hard coming down off drugs, he didn't dehydrate or over heat though.

He wasn't on drugs during the games (unless I missed something), he would go hard on drugs all weekend (after the game), train his guts out during the week, and play well.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’ve confused steroids and meth

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

If he was doing party drugs during his playing time and wasn't getting into trouble, surely the door was open for him to do performance enhancing ones.

Looking back his delt development is pretty decent...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F1c204a9460a4cf060b9cbb53048b6fa2.png

If he was doing party drugs during his playing time and wasn't getting into trouble, surely the door was open for him to do performance enhancing ones.

Looking back his delt development is pretty decent...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F1c204a9460a4cf060b9cbb53048b6fa2.png
Overdeveloped Traps are one possible indicator of steroid abuse over any other muscle.

Correct. Well developed delts and traps are typically good indicators of steriod use. I googled his pics thinking he was never overly muscular and clearly not a user. And now... well I'm not so sure about that.
It wouldnt surprise me if cycled on steroids, ie for a period of time and then was off it.

The irony being he was regularly drug tested IIRC and tests always came back negative.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Correct. Well developed delts and traps are typically good indicators of steriod use. I googled his pics thinking he was never overly muscular and clearly not a user. And now... well I'm not so sure about that.

Anyone who watched that game knows...... Cousins was majorly juiced up. I was at the game and could not believe his and Kerr's performance after half time, it wasn't human, it was sort, you know..... as if they were on something... which they were, but especially Cousins.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Anyone who watched that game knows...... Cousins was majorly juiced up. I was at the game and could not believe his and Kerr's performance after half time, it wasn't human, it was sort, you know..... as if they were on something... which they were, but especially Cousins.
I remember being at the game.

The gut running he pulled off was incredible. I remember thinking at the time that if it was anyone but cousins you'd think they were on something (and now with hindsight....)

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

The gut running he pulled off was incredible. I remember thinking at the time that if it was anyone but cousins you'd think they were on something (and now with hindsight....)
Do AFL or ASADA ever do random drug testing? Do they routinely test players immediately after games?

There are many sports where drug testing occurs as a part of the post race/match routine.

Why not, for example, test all players on the winning team and a small random sample from the losing team?

Year round random drug testing is important for other reasons but post match testing is critical in stopping game day cheating.

The AFL officially would be happy to have their game scrutinised but privately, I suspect they're happy just looking the other way. Play on...

Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Do AFL or ASADA ever do random drug testing? Do they routinely test players immediately after games?

There are many sports where drug testing occurs as a part of the post race/match routine.

Why not, for example, test all players on the winning team and a small random sample from the losing team?

Year round random drug testing is important for other reasons but post match testing is critical in stopping game day cheating.

The AFL officially would be happy to have their game scrutinised but privately, I suspect they're happy just looking the other way. Play on...

To be honest, the cost that would be involved in this is probably a reason why it doesn't happen.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Yeah I remember thinking that at the game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

I remember being at the game also. Still hurts.

I think we just choked and let them run over the top of us. Cousins/Kerr were just outstanding players for them and always tore us to shreads.

The drugs line helps some supporters come to grips with that loss but we lost that game after being in a winning position.

A Neil Craig special.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

D Style

All Australian
Oct 13, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
53 Cans Indoor Cricket Club
So......rumours......anyone here anything about who is likely to be delisted?

Supposedly we are going to be more aggressive this trade period. Bugger all good FA around, so will need to Draft. Who could we be realistically after?

Back