Injury 2022 Saints Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

any training report? wolfpac13
  • Jones in full training. Seemed to be smiling, laughing and really enjoying himself. Fingers crossed he is back soon.

• Geary, Clark and Higgins were on light duties just jogging laps.

• All the new draftees spent the first 30 mins doing drills together away from the main group. Windhager is a big unit with what seems to be a very loud and confident personality. So good to see.

• Hayes and Mason Wood in ‘away’ tops. Unsure if this means anything but you’d think Wood would certainly play.

• Ben Long in ‘home’ top. Will certainly play.

• Highmore was marking everything. Looks to be in great knick. I never realised how good of a kick he was. Laser like passes all session. I think he’ll be back in the team sooner rather than later.

• Coffield out there and with the coaches just walking around. Overheard him saying he’s itching to run but focusing on upper body at the moment.

• NWM said his ankle is fine and he will play this week. He is also much taller in person that I originally expected. As is Owens and Windhager.

• Wilkie looked to have what appeared to be a sore ankle/ lower leg but I don’t think it’s anything serious. Came back to finished the session.

• Steele is a passionate guy and that’s what we love about him but can have a bit of a sook. Even in mini match simulations. He pretty pissed and Seb for not passing the ball to him at one stage and just dropped his head and waved his arms around, whilst swearing to himself. I think this is something he can definitely work on as it seems to be quite unwarranted.

• Overall the vibe seemed to be great. A lot of laughs and joking around. I think the win on the weekend instilled a lot of confidence in the guys. They just seemed happier if that makes sense.

I like that in Steele, demand the highest standards at all time.
Michael Jordan did the same, wasn't liked for it, but it worked.
Also he is the skipper, you do what the skipper wants.
I feel Steele respects the club and wants to deliver what we all crave.

He can go full Captain Grumpy if that’s what he feels it needs … I remember our Aussie cricket team emerging from the wilderness under that sort of leadership … as long as he isn’t giving away cheap 50s or punching an ump, I’m cool with it 🤣

I like that in Steele, demand the highest standards at all time.
Michael Jordan did the same, wasn't liked for it, but it worked.
Also he is the skipper, you do what the skipper wants.
There’s a difference between demanding high standards and having a cry when you don’t get what you want.

If there’s a better option, ignoring Steele should be encouraged. Being captain doesn’t mean it’s his way or the highway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a difference between demanding high standards and having a cry when you don’t get what you want.

If there’s a better option, ignoring Steele should be encouraged. Being captain doesn’t mean it’s his way or the highway

So you know Seb had the better option? Perhaps it is a play they have been working on and Seb ignored it, perhaps Steele was cranky because he didn't get the ball.

Fact is you or I or even Wolfpac13 doesn't know. I saw Doogs having a massive sook at himself last preseason because Max beat him. Means nothing.

Point is Steele is a dual AA captain of the club, I have never seen him sook on the field, only be ultra competitive. He wasn't voted captain because of his good looks. It was popularity and on field leadership.

From the evidence of watching Steele conduct himself in games and numerous times at training, I would say he was demanding high standards, especially from a multiple B&F who is having his best season in years. he wants Seb to be even better.

Go you good thing Jack Steele.

So you know Seb had the better option? Perhaps it is a play they have been working on and Seb ignored it, perhaps Steele was cranky because he didn't get the ball.

Fact is you or I or even Wolfpac13 doesn't know. I saw Doogs having a massive sook at himself last preseason because Max beat him. Means nothing.

Point is Steele is a dual AA captain of the club, I have never seen him sook on the field, only be ultra competitive. He wasn't voted captain because of his good looks. It was popularity and on field leadership.

From the evidence of watching Steele conduct himself in games and numerous times at training, I would say he was demanding high standards, especially from a multiple B&F who is having his best season in years. he wants Seb to be even better.

Go you good thing Jack Steele.
Jack Steele himself has stated Ratts has given him a spray because of how he has sooked during games when things aren't going his way so it is something that has been an issue for him even if you haven't seen it in games.

I do agree with the “better option” - same needs to apply with blindly passing to Hill “because he is there”.

I am hopeful Steele is finding his way towards being more Allan Border/Steve Waugh but is having some teething troubles. I want him to regain his killer touch soon and get back to ripping the heart out of teams.

Being captain of this club requires very special qualities, especially being able to cope with the weight of expectations.

Jack Steele himself has stated Ratts has given him a spray because of how he has sooked during games when things aren't going his way so it is something that has been an issue for him even if you haven't seen it in games.

Well he certainly appeared down after the Seb snub

bv0WIpL.jpg

Coffield listed as "indefinite" instead of "season" ???

“Rehab is very personal and depends largely on the patient, but it’s individualized based upon the type of reconstruction performed and other associated procedures,” Dr. Tatum said. “On average, the typical recovery time for an ACL injury and repair, in order to return to contact sports, is at least six months. However, many people cannot return to full activity before nine-to-12 months.”

“Rehab is very personal and depends largely on the patient, but it’s individualized based upon the type of reconstruction performed and other associated procedures,” Dr. Tatum said. “On average, the typical recovery time for an ACL injury and repair, in order to return to contact sports, is at least six months. However, many people cannot return to full activity before nine-to-12 months.”
Because of covid and the fact my nephew plays only for Williamstown he couldn't get the acl he did in Dec done until late Feb.
Physio at the club said he would be back earlier because the pre op physio is more important than the post op. He may even play this season, but with no conditioning, unlikely.

• Hayes and Mason Wood in ‘away’ tops. Unsure if this means anything but you’d think Wood would certainly play.

They have 18 black tops at training, and a black top means that you are definitely playing. The 18 are all definite to play (bar last minute injury etc).

• Jones in full training. Seemed to be smiling, laughing and really enjoying himself. Fingers crossed he is back soon.

• Geary, Clark and Higgins were on light duties just jogging laps.

• All the new draftees spent the first 30 mins doing drills together away from the main group. Windhager is a big unit with what seems to be a very loud and confident personality. So good to see.

• Highmore was marking everything. Looks to be in great knick. I never realised how good of a kick he was. Laser like passes all session. I think he’ll be back in the team sooner rather than later.

• Coffield out there and with the coaches just walking around. Overheard him saying he’s itching to run but focusing on upper body at the moment.

• NWM said his ankle is fine and he will play this week. He is also much taller in person that I originally expected. As is Owens and Windhager.

• Wilkie looked to have what appeared to be a sore ankle/ lower leg but I don’t think it’s anything serious. Came back to finished the session.

• Steele is a passionate guy and that’s what we love about him but can have a bit of a sook. Even in mini match simulations. He pretty pissed and Seb for not passing the ball to him at one stage and just dropped his head and waved his arms around, whilst swearing to himself. I think this is something he can definitely work on as it seems to be quite unwarranted.

• Overall the vibe seemed to be great. A lot of laughs and joking around. I think the win on the weekend instilled a lot of confidence in the guys. They just seemed happier if that makes sense.
Great stuff
thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back