Injury 2022 Saints Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Fans are entitled to get their hopes up for it to be 4-6 when that's literally what the club said it would be. Regardless, it's been 7 after this week. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a problem or anyone has done the wrong thing. It's just unlucky and it's reasonable to be disappointed a promising player like Clark is having so long on the sidelines.
When it happened I said 10 - 12 weeks don't see him playing seniors before rnd10, its been made a bit easier for us fans with the wins and being 5 & 1

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Presumably you mean this? I certainly didn't see it.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.04.35 pm.png

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah that’s what caught my eye. Hopefully not to bad because he has been very good the last couple of games I watched
He initially needed help standing up but once he was off the field, he was able to walk to the rooms unassisted.

Hopefully it isnt as serious as it first looked.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Yeah that’s what caught my eye. Hopefully not to bad because he has been very good the last couple of games I watched
And unlike recent weeks where he's picked up in second halves he started strong.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Good to see that Hannebury has progressed from being 5-7 weeks away, to being 6 weeks away, next week i hope we'll see a mere 42 days.
He's "indefinite" now.

3 players in the MSD?!

Injury list​

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jack BytelKneeTBC
Nick CoffieldKneeSeason
Dan HanneberyCalfIndefinite
Jack HayesKneeSeason
Updated: Tuesday, 3 May

injury.png

He's "indefinite" now.

3 players in the MSD?!

Injury list​

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jack BytelKneeTBC
Nick CoffieldKneeSeason
Dan HanneberyCalfIndefinite
Jack HayesKneeSeason
Updated: Tuesday, 3 May

injury.png
LOL they can't even get their lists consistent.

This happened last week too! AFL site posted a pretty un-updated list. The next day on the Saints page was the fully updated list.
Both of them dated the same.

So one list has gone from a vague 3 week window, to a more definite 6 weeks, while the other went to totally indefinite.
They must have some good yelling matches in the media department at Moorabbin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bodes well for the 2nd half of the season along with potentially 3 fresh best 22 players coming in.
I'm really interested on how Clark performs , he could well be a player that makes us even harder to beat.
We all know Billings and Jones are very good players but Clark could well be a step above if he gets his act together.
It's hard to move players out of the team know , getting Clark and Billings back is going to really cause a headache.
The media don't realize how much potent our side could be if these 3 comeback and perform to there full ability.
Towards the backend of the 2nd round players can get a bit jaded so have these 3 guys and players like Highmore and even Sharman waiting in the wings will keep the team firing on all cylinders.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s probably as good as you can get given that zero injuries is probably impossible. Inwoukdnt think there’d be many sides with less injuries at the moment.
We have 2 long term injuries in Coffield and Hayes and Hannerbery can be written off.
But boy next year with improvement in our younger players and Coffield and Hayes back our team starting to look awesome.

I'm really interested on how Clark performs , he could well be a player that makes us even harder to beat.
We all know Billings and Jones are very good players but Clark could well be a step above if he gets his act together.
It's hard to move players out of the team know , getting Clark and Billings back is going to really cause a headache.
The media don't realize how much potent our side could be if these 3 comeback and perform to there full ability.
Towards the backend of the 2nd round players can get a bit jaded so have these 3 guys and players like Highmore and even Sharman waiting in the wings will keep the team firing on all cylinders.

He looked good in the game he went down in. It was shitty luck but does inject a best 22 player back in at just the right time.

We have 2 long term injuries in Coffield and Hayes and Hannerbery can be written off.
But boy next year with improvement in our younger players and Coffield and Hayes back our team starting to look awesome.

I think we have to make a run now. How many times do we get a good run with injury and how soft does the 2022 draw look? If you are going to win a soft premiership this year is it.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think we have to make a run now. How many times do we get a good run with injury

Yes our injury list is looking good.
and how soft does the 2022 draw look?

What is soft about the rest of our fixture?

But at 5-2 we are well placed to have a read hot crack this season. Knocking off teams like the Cats is vital.

What we also need now to have a red hot crack is to have players like Billings and Jones to run into excellent form, and when called on to come into the 22 that players like Highmore (who already looks 100% ready) and Sharman are ready to do so.

Marshall too started the year with a few niggles. If he can get 100% fit, then he will be a big part of us improving further.

If we can lift a notch or too, we can be right in it.

Jones has lost a lot of mass, and as he was very fit a lot of that will be muscle (Not that one poster which claimed inside knowledge stated that Jones had a physical medical condition, and looking at his body once he started to train again that makes sense to myself).

Whether a leaner Jones is a better Jones, or a worse. or of the same influence Jones we will have a good idea on after the Dees game.

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes our injury list is looking good.

What is soft about the rest of our fixture?

But at 5-2 we are well placed to have a read hot crack this season. Knocking off teams like the Cats is vital.

What we also need now to have a red hot crack is to have players like Billings and Jones to run into excellent form, and when called on to come into the 22 that players like Highmore (who already looks 100% ready) and Sharman are ready to do so.

Marshall too started the year with a few niggles. If he can get 100% fit, then he will be a big part of us improving further.

If we can lift a notch or too, we can be right in it.

Jones has lost a lot of mass, and as he was very fit a lot of that will be muscle (Not that one poster which claimed inside knowledge stated that Jones had a physical medical condition, and looking at his body once he started to train again that makes sense to myself).

Whether a leaner Jones is a better Jones, or a worse. or of the same influence Jones we will have a good idea on after the Dees game.

It will be interesting to see if Jones has lost any strength. Although his most important asset to is is pace and acceleration so as long as he still has that he makes us a better side.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
He looked good in the game he went down in. It was shitty luck but does inject a best 22 player back in at just the right time.
The next 2 games are going to be telling , beat one of the next 2 teams and we have every chance of making the 4.
We play Swans x 2 , Cats x 2 , Lions x 2 and Fremantle again and no doubt these games will decide where we end up.
The games against WCE , Roo's , Hawks , Crows , Bombers should all be winnable games for us and that will take us to 10 games then we just have to knock off a couple of the better side's and how many we beat will decide if we are chance on making the 4.
Demon's are a huge task but the Geelong game to me is a must win.

Back