Injury 2022 Saints Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes our injury list is looking good.

What is soft about the rest of our fixture?

But at 5-2 we are well placed to have a read hot crack this season. Knocking off teams like the Cats is vital.

What we also need now to have a red hot crack is to have players like Billings and Jones to run into excellent form, and when called on to come into the 22 that players like Highmore (who already looks 100% ready) and Sharman are ready to do so.

Marshall too started the year with a few niggles. If he can get 100% fit, then he will be a big part of us improving further.

If we can lift a notch or too, we can be right in it.

Jones has lost a lot of mass, and as he was very fit a lot of that will be muscle (Not that one poster which claimed inside knowledge stated that Jones had a physical medical condition, and looking at his body once he started to train again that makes sense to myself).

Whether a leaner Jones is a better Jones, or a worse. or of the same influence Jones we will have a good idea on after the Dees game.
The Cat's game is a must win as you say , beat them and we could do any thing in the finals.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Although his most important asset to is is pace and acceleration so as long as he still has that he makes us a better side.

Yes, hopefully he can still run like this:

1651820849911.png

Cannot be as he is moving two legs at once.

You’re confused by the speed blur.

Here’s a photo taken showing Hannebery in Germany two weeks after his arrival.

t574Vkz.jpg

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Awwww Jack Steele out for 6-8 weeks with an ac sprain. Needs surgery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These things happen, this is an opportunity for someone to step up or really for several players to lift to help fill the gap.
This is the first year in a number of years that I feel a little comfortable in our 2nds. We should have enough reinforcements to cover. Lucky we have Crouch,

TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
At least we've got the bye in there, but that's really going to hurt our finals chances especially after dropping that game in Cairns. Steele is so important even when he isn't dominating just the attention he demands and the defensive efforts he puts on.

At least we've got the bye in there, but that's really going to hurt our finals chances especially after dropping that game in Cairns. Steele is so important even when he isn't dominating just the attention he demands and the defensive efforts he puts on.

Brisbane, Fremantle and Carlton all in there, and Essendon always seem to rise up against us too.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
These things happen, this is an opportunity for someone to step up or really for several players to lift to help fill the gap.
Steele is going to be missed is a understatement but one player doesn't make a team.
Steele hasn't been at his brilliant best this year and in fact Crouch has really carried a lot of the heavy lifting in the midfield as seen against Geelong.
Hopefully this gives the opportunity to a player who can really step up to the plate.
Having Crouch playing at his best and a rejuvenated Ross the loss might not be as bad as first thought.
Jones has had his 2nd run and looks to be getting his form back in order and now with Billings coming back and he will only get better with more game time and now with Hunter Clark on the verge of coming back , the 3 inclusions will help cover the loss.
Of course Gresham will need to really turn it on while Steele is gone and I'm pretty sure a couple of the kids will be licking there lip's for the chance to get a run through the midfield.
Or could the just throw Sinclair into the midfield and bring in Highmore - I don't know what they will do but Byrnes , Owens , Bytel could all get a run.

Our next 8 weeks - the period they say Steele will be out and the only game that will hurt the most will be the Lions game.

Crows
Nth
Bye
Lions
Bombers
Swans
Carlton
Fremantle

Going to be a long 8 weeks.

Looked like a nasty sort of tackle that got him, but i can't find a real good look at it.
Insult to injury, it was high and we didn’t even get a free.
what crappy luck for Steele - didn’t look that bad.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m not as worried with this but yes he is a loss. We need to keep moving players through the team to identify who’s next cab for our midfield.
He’ll be back at least a month or 2 before finals.
Exactly and it will be exciting to see the team work players through the 22 , Sharman came in this week and added a different look to the forward line and when Higgins went off and Windhager came on he was sensational for a first year player.
I still believe Bytel has a lot to offer but not getting a run of games in the VFL set's him back.
Guys like Byrne and Owens could well be regulars in the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back